Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do you have your kebab?

I don’t think that kebab sizes are sufficiently standardised for anyone to be able to judge without you buying one, deconstructing it, and weighing the ingredients separately. And even then you’d be relying on others here doing the same before you had any chance of establishing a price comparison benchmark.

Had my first kebab in several years last week. Large shish with salad, onions, chillis, and chilli sauce. Was rather lovely if maybe too much salad/onions.

Could tell it had been a while as slightly shocked at £11.90 for it.

I would just blast the chips in the oven - be okay!
THis.Chip prices being what they are currently a large bag of chips the most economic way of buying the. I always get a large bag, and then after me and 27 junior have had our fill we fridge them and reheat in oven the day after, they take on a triple cooked chips texture, extra crispy.

i'm heading into west end tonight london and fancy a kebab. is there any that are your basic (cheap) affairs that you can get outside a dartford night club at 3am? just want a straightforward "you want chilli sauce mate?" kebab

You could find cheaper, but probably not over the odds, especially if with naan rather then pitta.
They make no difference here for a huge naan or a tesco pitta lol. So naans it is and we have plenty of pitta.

My last kebab was like £15 but it was the ultra giant one with all meats and chips. Stuffed me for £16.50 Inc extra naan for 3 days and I use a lot of calories.

i'm heading into west end tonight london and fancy a kebab. is there any that are your basic (cheap) affairs that you can get outside a dartford night club at 3am? just want a straightforward "you want chilli sauce mate?" kebab
Le Bab is brilliant, but not sure if it's basic basic, not sure either if they do traditional counter takeaway but might be worth having a check.

Tried some of the plant based Spiced Kebab pieces from Aldi this morning. Not sure what I was expecting, but it was quite passable and fairly inexpensive. I'd planned to have crumpets, but my partner ate them all when I'd gone to bed. :mad:

Out and about with work so tried a new place called Antalya Shawarma. Pretty good, but not as good as the ones in Antalya clearly. Don't normally get a wrap, but made for a decent lunch. The salad was great as well and because I ate it, I had it served in it. Long run needed tomorrow.

PXL_20240405_112208663.MP.jpg

Slightly hungover this morning I went for the frozen Aldi vegan Kebab pieces. I mean it's clearly not meat, but has a decent texture to it. Added lots of encona chilli sauce and some token greens.

PXL_20240406_065453812.jpg

PXL_20240406_065851054.jpg

How often do you eat kebabs UnderOpenSky

Not as often as I'd like! My partner is less keen and won't eat doner at all. Probably about once, maybe twice a month. That said I've just been reading about this place and she's up for a drive over at some point. Sadly, it's not super local, but sounds like it's worth a visit.

The flaming bad boy. Stir fried with hot sauce and naga pickle apparently, but could have been hotter really. Naan hiding under all the meat.

View attachment 420206

I'm finding your kebabs quite interesting, around here most of our kebab places are quite traditional Turkish-British kebab shops, with some more traditionally Turkish than others and some of the stuff you post up looks to be doner meat but with other stuff done to it and served with naan - which looks fascinating, not sure I'd go for the naga myself mind :D
In terms of bread, I think I've just spent most of my life in areas with a sizeable Turkish and Kurdish population, so it has to be Turkish pide for me :D

I'm finding your kebabs quite interesting, around here most of our kebab places are quite traditional Turkish-British kebab shops, with some more traditionally Turkish than others and some of the stuff you post up looks to be doner meat but with other stuff done to it and served with naan - which looks fascinating, not sure I'd go for the naga myself mind :D
In terms of bread, I think I've just spent most of my life in areas with a sizeable Turkish and Kurdish population, so it has to be Turkish pide for me :D

Funnily enough, I'd actually like a decent kebab shop near me, rather than just elephant leg doner. Don't get me wrong I do love a huge tray of great value mixed meats, especially when they do exciting stuff with it like cover it in hot sauce, but it's a different beast to shawarma or something more "authentic"

Loved the pide in turkey, but don't think I ever had it as a kebab.

Back
Top Bottom