Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do you have your kebab?

I rarely eat kebabs now as I don't go out drinking and it used to be one of the possible takeaways on way home.
But on holiday in Thailand there is a pub/restaurant chain called Hemingway's which is like Wetherspoons in UK, and I like their rolled up doner kebabs which cost about £3. I haven't seen anything like these here.
View attachment 438146
Lovely.

Doner on a school night :cool: (7Up out of picture)

kebab.jpg

The idea of a chippy tea has been mooted for tomorrow night, and I might lean towards a kebab instead, both offerings are good from our local chippy.

I'd like to try a tofu kebab

I mean it's quite nice battered and deep fried, so imagine it would be great in a wrap with some nice salad and sauce. Not a kebab though.

Aldi do this stuff frozen. It was just about ok when I was a bit hungover and I covered it with hot sauce.

1724792462818.jpeg

How do we feel about gyros on this thread? I know the Greeks might get quite upset but they're pretty similar right? Or at least no more different then a fine kebab made in Turkey is to elephant leg on chips with chilli sauce.

How do we feel about gyros on this thread? I know the Greeks might get quite upset but they're pretty similar right? Or at least no more different then a fine kebab made in Turkey is to elephant leg on chips with chilli sauce.
I'm in favour.
A kebab by any other name would smell as meaty. :)

Mrs Numbers and I are massive fans and it’s always the first and last food we eat when in Greece, alongside vine leaves.

Even though we get in super late, I've every intention of going and finding one, even if my OH just gets her head down.

Covering a fair bit few days in Athens, then driving up to Milina, then to Leptokaria where she can chill for a few days whilst I do Mt Olympus. Then to see those monasteries on sandstone pillars in Meteora, night in Delphi and finishing with a few days in the Peloponese.

Back
Top Bottom