Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How many hen/duck, etc., eggs do you eat each year?

How many eggs do you eat each year?

• Total voters
I find that duck eggs are too rich and unless I know their provenance I'm a bit suspicious - having had a friend that used to keep them, and the duck were like the hens and would lay anywhere, including in cow pats or on the muck heap ! and ignore their "nest" boxes.
What are you suspicious about?

I average about 6 a week. This is mainly chicken eggs. Sometimes I have free range duck eggs. They're very expensive in this village, £10 a dozen, but in Lincolnshire I pay £6 a dozen. There's a farm near the village there which sometimes has goose eggs. I plan to eat them more regularly.

not sure i have ever done duck / goose / gull eggs.

never really given it much thought, but probably get a box of 6 eggs maybe every 2 weeks or so. have had phases of getting eggs from colleagues who keep chickens in the past (had a variety of egg colours from most recent one - don't think i'd had blue eggs before)

Mine's a guesstimate/average, based on how frequently I buy eggs.

Most of my egg consumption is in stuff like egg fried rice (which I am quite frankly addicted to) and Yorkshire puds, but I do enjoy the occasional egg mayonnaise sarnie, fried or scrambled eggs on toast, or frittata.

Last edited:
My best guess is "around" 700 / year

Most, if not all of my eggs, come from a local independent farmer from Wells market. 12 medium (£3.20) OR 18 small (£3.00) eggs per week, every week. Look at the breakfast thread, when I bother to post on it, either 2 or 3 FE (fried eggs) or 2 PE (poached eggs) or 2 or 3 scrambled eggs will feature, 6 days a week

Back
Top Bottom