Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do you have your kebab?

Even though we get in super late, I've every intention of going and finding one, even if my OH just gets her head down.

Covering a fair bit few days in Athens, then driving up to Milina, then to Leptokaria where she can chill for a few days whilst I do Mt Olympus. Then to see those monasteries on sandstone pillars in Meteora, night in Delphi and finishing with a few days in the Peloponese.
My sort of holiday, you're gonna need a week off after to recover, sounds perfect :)

My sort of holiday, you're gonna need a week off after to recover, sounds perfect :)

I honestly listen to my colleagues talk about holidays and outside good food, it sounds like my idea of hell. My partner has asked a few times if I fancy doing another mountain whilst we're there to give her some more time doing nothing. :D

Anyway food photos to follow shortly....

Arrived super late, flight delayed, faff with car hire, finding the hotel etc. Wondered out well after midnight, Exarcheia was buzzing, but not much food. Until we found a large super busy place and we're eating after 1. I shudder to think what it would be like in the UK. Anyway fantastic washed down with a cold beer.

PXL_20240921_224910579.jpg

Just to make sure I wasn't hungry (well I wanted to try one. Didn't expect it to come with bread as well...

PXL_20240921_224505830.jpg

Not as many posts as I expected as most of them look very generic rolled up with paper around. They're pretty good, but the meat to bread ratio is a bit low. The gyro plate/portion is pretty good though. I never understood that tzatziki stuff till I came to Greece, I think because the base yogurt is shit in the UK

However it's totally to be avoided in tourist spots. In fact unlike turkey where kebabs were the star of the show, my main joy has been stopping in small greek towns with few tourists and ordering random meze. Anyway here's a few pics

PXL_20240928_161854344.jpgPXL_20240929_174319863.MP.jpgPXL_20240930_171604106.jpg

:)

Back
Top Bottom