Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do you have your kebab?

Aye I think separates works best for delivery or to take and eat at home. If you're in a state after a night out and just want to rip into a pitta with all the fillings face first while you are still halfway across the threshold exiting the kebab shop, then you just want a well constructed all in one.

It's been many years since a kebab on the street after a skinful seemed a good idea. :D

Actually even then I'd have probably got a burger. Maybe topped with chicken donor meat...

Has anyone tried German Doner Kebab?

151492b905d37331f9f87806a68fe5b0.jpg

Tried for the first time last week.

Possibly the best kebab I've ever had!

£12 for kebab meat on chips

The food here is expensive but not ridiculous,

Oh that's actually not too much more than our local takeaways - good going :)

I've been spoilt in terms of kebabs throughout my adult life - Hackney in the mid '90s and south Newham more recently, with a plethora of good authentic Turkish/Middle Eastern/Greek eateries to chose from.

That's not the festival mark-up I was expecting.

Always interested in kebabs. :)

Do people eat kebabs when sober? I don't think i've ever eaten one sober and probably couldn't. Standard 2am chip shop ones not fancy ones from restaurants. I used to work in a busy cab office, the waiting area on Friday and Saturday night was always covered in dumped salad from the kebab crew. Piles of it on the floor but rarely a bit of meat was dropped.

Do people eat kebabs when sober? I don't think i've ever eaten one sober and probably couldn't. Standard 2am chip shop ones not fancy ones from restaurants. I used to work in a busy cab office, the waiting area on Friday and Saturday night was always covered in dumped salad from the kebab crew. Piles of it on the floor but rarely a bit of meat was dropped.

Doners , I used to eat them sober but when working nights. The place near where I used to live did shis that were / are nice enough to eat sober. Plus of course German donors are so nice not only can you eat them sober, you can have them at lunchtime.

Last edited:

Of course, how do you think people in Turkey/Middle East/Greece/North Africa do it?
I mean especially bear in mind that some of that population is Muslim and don't drink alcohol.

Also it's easy enough to say "no salad" if you don't want salad.

I think sometimes people make stuff up for shits and giggles.

I don't for a second believe that a load of typically chatty cab drivers would suddenly freeze and be unable to answer the "salad?" question negatively in the kebab shop.

Back
Top Bottom