Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

How do you have your kebab?

I might’ve had kebab actually - I used to get a souvlaki from a place near where I worked, they had one of those turning meat things behind the counter. In which case, I have had kebab? Is that a kebab?

Oh good. Well I have had one then, and won’t need to go out into the cold night in search of a takeaway.

Just Eat? I mean if it's just you, then it might need to be a monster with 3 to 4 different types of meat to qualify for delivery. But at least breakfast is sorted?

I was just driving home having bought half of what was needed for two potential meals and suddenly wanted a kebab. Then I came home to this thread at the top of new posts. Was meant to be so I’ve ordered a large doner and chips. Mr Looby is having a burger.
Pics.

I have given up on kebabs, we even order from a place that does them as part of their operation, kebab/fish and chips/pizza place depending on time of day and in person v ordering. Every single fucking time I order a kebab it is wrong, son and SO seem to order theirs and its fine, mine is the wrong order every time and I get the wrong dish. Even ordering the same as them except the toppings.

They also should be told a Calzone should not be an extremely fat pizza with sauce and stuff on top, its supposed to be folded damnit.

Tried a new place tonight, probably the best I've had in the area yet. The naan was great, decent meat and they put the salad in a seperate bag.

View attachment 364752

Ooh that looks nice.

I do like the salad separate or it can make the bread element a bit soggy during transportation if you aren't going to dig in straight away.
My favourite place from my entire history of kebab eating used to give you a box of meat, a box of salad, tubs of sauces, bread on top of the boxes to keep warm. It all arrived back home in much better shape that way. That place was bloody excellent.

Ooh that looks nice.

I do like the salad separate or it can make the bread element a bit soggy during transportation if you aren't going to dig in straight away.
My favourite place from my entire history of kebab eating used to give you a box of meat, a box of salad, tubs of sauces, bread on top of the boxes to keep warm. It all arrived back home in much better shape that way. That place was bloody excellent.

That sounds perfect. I would rather order without salad then have it partly cooked sauce and meat juice!

Be a while till I have another sadly, but OH didn't hate her chicken tikka one, so there's hope for me to go back if I don't feel like cooking.

Ooh that looks nice.

The artistry of it.

The artistry of it.
Aye I think separates works best for delivery or to take and eat at home. If you're in a state after a night out and just want to rip into a pitta with all the fillings face first while you are still halfway across the threshold exiting the kebab shop, then you just want a well constructed all in one.

Back
Top Bottom