Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the vaccine WITH POLL

Have you had your first Covid jab?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We had some discussion about drinking after the jab, the MHRA doesn't think there's a problem with it.

There is no evidence that drinking alcohol after a Covid-19 vaccine interferes with how it works, a UK regulator has said.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) was responding to social media reports that people should abstain from drinking for up to two weeks after a vaccine.

A spokeswoman for the MHRA told the PA news agency: “There is currently no evidence that drinking alcohol interferes with the efficacy of the Covid-19 vaccines.

Pfizer the sequel tomorrow. I had no problem with the first, no side effects, thankfully. But perhaps because I've gotten soft or a sign of mental health issues I didn't realise were serious (probably ought not tilt at that windmill), but I'm actually pretty nervous about it. Stupid really; I'm not antivaxxer and I don't have any truck with those people. My feelings don't appear to care about the facts. Still this time tomorrow, Rodders, we'll be vaccinated

I had AZ this morning. The nurse said afterwards I could sit and wait 15 minutes if I really wanted to but that I needn't bother and that I may as well just leave.
Ha my nurse didn't even offer that, it was just a little pharmacy on the clapton park estate, in and out the door in 5 minutes. Don't think she was even a nurse.... Actually maybe it wasn't even the vaccine that i got injected with. anyway no side effects whatever it was.

One of the things that made me smile was the NHS vaccination centre I ended up in must be the only place where there was no qr code to scan with my NHS app. I appreciate they want to put as few barriers up as possible up but as I said, it did make me smile.

A fortnight on.

268 jabbed, up 31, so that's a better two weeks. The running average is about 20 jabs a week. Yes votes represent 81.7% of the poll.

Still have 60 no votes. It did dip below that but people keep having the temerity to join in. Poll participation now 328.

A week more.

279 jabbed (83%) up 11.
57 not jabbed (17%) down 3
Poll participation 336, up 8.

Had first AZ jab at 0830 in a football stadium, after watching World War Z last night. Should be on Film4 catch-up :thumbs:
I re-watched it last night. The Jerusalem being overwhelmed scenes were as good as I remember and the random 'we're going to Cardiff!' thing still made me laugh. I'd forgotten about the hand grenade in the plane thing though :eek:. At least you're jabbed now so hopefully won't be joining the zombie hoards ;).

I re-watched it last night. The Jerusalem being overwhelmed scenes were as good as I remember and the random 'we're going to Cardiff!' thing still made me laugh. I'd forgotten about the hand grenade in the plane thing though :eek:. At least you're jabbed now so hopefully won't be joining the zombie hoards ;).
They cut out the CIA teeth in Korea!! I was watching through my fingers but the shot was gone!

Just had my first and got Pfizer. Have been a right lazy fucker about getting it done (or a busy fucker tbf) but wife guilt tripped me about our immuno suppressed son.

Haven't noticed any improvement in internet speeds yet but I suppose it takes a little while to kick in.

Seems to have been on 40 year olds for ages now.

First jabs have improved from the daily average low point of around 70k in April, but are only hitting around 130k now, nothing like the 300-500k averages in Jan-Mar., so it's taking time to do the 40+ age group.

Ooh my wife's got a text today to book for Pfizer, appointment tomorrow :) she's 35 (36 in June).

Sister in law who doesn't live too far away but different GP is asking why wife's got the invite and she hasn't, SIL is 38. Whether it's to do with wife's asthma, but it's mild and surely if they were going by that they would have invited ages ago? Think it's probably just that ours are getting through them a bit quicker?

Anyone know what the situation is for under 40s and AZ vaccines?

As I understand it, I'm entitled to have Pfizer or Moderna instead of AZ, but is that automatic or is it up to me to request something different when I get there? Booked in via my GP for next Wednesday.

I’m under 40 and when I got here I was told I was Phizer. I assume they know when you get checked in - They’re doing both Phizer and AZ at this site.

I’m under 40 and when I got here I was told I was Phizer. I assume they know when you get checked in - They’re doing both Phizer and AZ at this site.
Hope so. Can't be arsed with the shit side effects everyone on here has been reporting for AZ.

Everyone I know getting it now (under 40s) aren't being given a choice, just given pfizer.

My wife is almost 36 hours in after 1st Pfizer. She slept OK but has been really groggy all day, just had a bath and we'll have an early night. Nothing too bad, just lack of energy. I'm kind of enjoying the peace and quiet 🤫😆

Back
Top Bottom