Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the vaccine WITH POLL

Have you had your first Covid jab?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Booked in for 15 June finally!! Pfizer in the face yeahhh baby.

Had a bit of drama as i cancelled my 17th slot at 1am in order to try and get an earlier one, then there wasnt one and some cunt took my slot in 30 seconds so I went for 19th... but managed to change it again. Cant be arsed to faff again!!

I had dose 1 a month ago. When I booked, I wasn't given the opportunity to book the second. Logged on to NHS just now and now I can book second one but only in the huge centres miles away, in August, and not even sure I'll be in this city then. Should I just wait?

For those over 18 in North East London who HAVEN'T had their first vaccine yet, there is a mass vaccination event (Pfizer) being held on Saturday at the London Stadium (QE Olympic Park, Stratford).

Open to residents of:

Barking and Dagenham, City of London, Hackney, Havering, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets or Waltham Forest

IT IS APPOINTMENT ONLY

If you are a resident of any of the listed London boroughs, over 18, and need your FIRST Pfizer jab, you can book online here:

(Details came to me via Active Newham, the local volunteer service).

Last edited:
(I should add that I later found out on the BBC London news that there are other ones being held at football stadiums in other parts of London over the weekend - so check if there is one near you if you still need a 1st vaccine. The rules/appt system is different for each, so check the links at the bottom of this article)

Apologies if this has been covered but is it possible to request the Pfizer jab instead of the AZ one? Everyone I know who has had AZ felt like shit for a couple of days afterwards and I don't even have a spare day to be useless on until mid June.

Also after following the link from the NHS text and filling in the boxes I'm being offered vaccination centres a minimum of 50 miles away.
Finally getting my first jab tomorrow. Locally too, but the shitty website still only offered me a second appointment, which you have to book at the same time as the first, 60+ miles away at the Three Counties (none of which I live in) Showground. I guess I'll just cancel that one after I've had the first and keep trying to rebook it locally.

Also ticked the "I think I may be pregnant" box so hopefully I'll get the Moderna or PfiveG version.

Got it y'day. Supremely impressed with the military-like operation at Lancaster town hall. One guy checking names at the entrance to the carpark, the next guy checking bags for needles (wtf?), a doorman then giving you the paperwork, then a guy in the central area (who was clearly a fireman volunteering on his day off) assigning you to a receptionist to check your NHS info before showing you to one of four vaccination booths. Then after sitting down, a nurse double-checks your details before the doctor/nurse appears with the syringe. Out to the central area with a 15m timer before you can leave, after which the fireman cleans the timer and the seat youve waited in, then a security guard shows you out the side door. Very impressive. I was pretty much bricking it (and presumably ruined mother's shopping trip) as I have a hatred of needles that has long prevented my being covered in tattoos (which I'd love). Least painful injection I've ever had by a long way :thumbs:

Woke up slightly groggy and so phoned work to tell them to suck it (which I planned to do anyhoo) but by dinnertime I was fine, but for a sore arm.

Both vaxine shots now! Another daytrip to Lancaster for me and mother. I joked before I went in that I expected to see the same people (who presumably booked their second appointment exactly eight weeks from their first). The patients were seemingly all new, but I recognised the receptionist, the attendants, the nurse and the doctor as the same from last time :D Didn't enjoy the train journeys as they were both packed out with Lake District tourists (some of whom, from listening to them, were really in want of maps and train schedules); the driver even apologised for this on the outward service. Went to bed at teatime, woke up at about 10pm for a couple of hours (watched the Sean Lock tribute on C4). Struggled to get up by my alarm clock at 5am to make my sick call to work, knackered and completely drenched in sweat. Still bollocksed, but from what people at work have told me of the second Pfizer shot, I think I got off lightly :thumbs:

Got my first shot last Monday, was feeling horrible for 3 days with fever and aches all over my body, had to call the nurse, she was kind enough to come to the flat to check up.

The fever, nausea and aches are not the only after effect. Have this blob on my arm that refuses to go away. I thought it was going to explode on the 2nd day, it hurt like hell. It does not hurt that much now, was told some Asians reported similar allergic reactions to AstraZeneca.

NLzOfoHm.jpg

Are there five jabs?
I'm on the endangered list and have only had three, there has been no mention of anything else available.

My ancient parents are booked in to have a "spring Booster" as the Dr called it. Next week, this is their 4th jab.

Back
Top Bottom