Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the vaccine WITH POLL

Have you had your first Covid jab?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh. It seems I should have been put in for another jab, but have yet again been left off the list. Got to get a letter from my GP.
I think the trouble is that the problem I have is what you get when you have cancer treatment . . . but I am not having cancer treatment so it doesn't automatically register,

It's all such an annoying faff.

Are there five jabs?
I'm on the endangered list and have only had three, there has been no mention of anything else available.
I’m on the list and got a letter saying I should have another booster and if I test positive on a PCR they potentially have a suite of new drugs to treat the corona if it gets out of hand

I caught it off my sister a couple of weeks ago and I treated the flu like symptoms with brandy and ginger ale and an electric throw from argos. It went away eventually

I’m on 2x sino-pharm, 2x Astra Zeneca, 2 x Phizer boosters. I’m slightly disappointed that I got any symptoms at all with that lot rattling around in me

Oh. It seems I should have been put in for another jab, but have yet again been left off the list. Got to get a letter from my GP.
I think the trouble is that the problem I have is what you get when you have cancer treatment . . . but I am not having cancer treatment so it doesn't automatically register,

It's all such an annoying faff.

My dad who is two weeks into cancer chemo despite being told he is hyper vulnerable hasn’t had the letter catch up with him yet, just slow NHS admin. You’ll be in the system

Last edited:
My dad who is two weeks into cancer chemo despite being told he is hyper vulnerable hasn’t had the letter catch up with him yet, just slow NHS admin. You’ll be in the system
I wasn't in the system for any of the other jabs, I didn't even get a date for number 2 after the first jab. I keep having to contact them, and they always say they will sort it out.

Are there five jabs?
I'm on the endangered list and have only had three, there has been no mention of anything else available.

There are 4 if you meet the criteria. TopCat squeezed an extra one in quite early in the vaccine era, one that wasnt part of the official schedule of what people were supposed to have.

Oh actually I lost count - there will end up being 5 for especially vulnerable people, but I'm not sure if the timing of their previous 4th dose (which was classed as their booster, as opposed to other peoples booster being their 3rd dose) means many of those will actually have had dose 5 yet. The authorities have also indicated that they are likely to be offered a 6th in the autumn. TopCat was shall we say 'ahead of the curve' on this so the timing of one of their 5 wasnt the same as the official timing. I'm surprised you arent on dose 6 by now TopCat ;)

Last edited:
It says I should wait six months from the last one until my actual jab, but I should have been contacted three months after that last jab. It's been a four and a half months so I probably should at least start looking at the booking.

It says I should wait six months from the last one until my actual jab, but I should have been contacted three months after that last jab. It's been a four and a half months so I probably should at least start looking at the booking.
FWIW, my ancient parents' GP were very strict with them about the 6 month interval. Last week, after hearing the government's call, they dutifully booked for their spring booster but were then told by the surgery that it was no go because the date they booked was 10 days short of the 6 months...then were then given another date in a few weeks time.

I don't mind waiting for the six months. It is currently only giving me an option of two days just a week or so from now, so I won't be booking until closer to the time. I do need a letter though. I have asked the surgery for one from my GP.

I wasn't in the system for any of the other jabs, I didn't even get a date for number 2 after the first jab. I keep having to contact them, and they always say they will sort it out.
There is a walk up jab centre in a tent opposite Primark in Croydon. Easy in and out.

There is a walk up jab centre in a tent opposite Primark in Croydon. Easy in and out.
I need to wait until may, and supposedly need a letter saying I have a weakened immune system.
Seems odd to have something so close to the jab set up in Centrale.
I think they do test kits there, I should probably pick one up while I can.

Back
Top Bottom