Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Have you had the vaccine WITH POLL

Have you had your first Covid jab?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bit bored, didn't do it last week so...

237 Urbz jabbed, up just 14 in 2 weeks. That's a real slowdown. Represents just 76.9% of those in the poll. Weekly average of just 7 a week in the last 2 weeks, compared to what was an average of 23 a week before that.

71 NO votes. Only down 6 in a fortnight.

Poll participation up to 308. Up 8 in a fortnight.

It's all going to shit. :(

A fortnight on.

268 jabbed, up 31, so that's a better two weeks. The running average is about 20 jabs a week. Yes votes represent 81.7% of the poll.

Still have 60 no votes. It did dip below that but people keep having the temerity to join in. Poll participation now 328.

Amongst all my family and friends ALL of those over 50 have been jabbed at least once and all those over 70 (bar one) have been jabbed twice. A number of the sub 50's all of whom work in either the NHS or in care services have been jabbed as well.
Mrs Q's God bothering aunt refused to have the jab in case it proved her faith wasn't strong enough :facepalm: However she got the lurgy and spent a week in bed thinking she was dying. It doesn't seem to have shaken her faith in God but her faith in science has been reborn and she has had the first jab since. Point of Interest, her husband had his jabs pre her getting sick and didn't catch it off her. Apart from her I don't personally know a single refusenik

My region now saying they aim to vaccinate EVERYONE by end of August but I highly doubt it will happen. September/October feels more realistic, but hopeful to have one in time for next Christmas.

Apologies if this has been covered but is it possible to request the Pfizer jab instead of the AZ one? Everyone I know who has had AZ felt like shit for a couple of days afterwards and I don't even have a spare day to be useless on until mid June.

Also after following the link from the NHS text and filling in the boxes I'm being offered vaccination centres a minimum of 50 miles away.

Apologies if this has been covered but is it possible to request the Pfizer jab instead of the AZ one? Everyone I know who has had AZ felt like shit for a couple of days afterwards and I don't even have a spare day to be useless on until mid June.

Also after following the link from the NHS text and filling in the boxes I'm being offered vaccination centres a minimum of 50 miles away.

Almost nobody is being offered choice. It seems dependent on supplies and forecasts of supplies.

I would check your GP's website, a lot say don't contact them about the jab, wait until they contact you, which should be fairly soon after your age group is able to book with the NHS direct system, I had a text about a week after I could have booked with the NHS.

But, here all the GPs have come together with a special booking number, and I know people that have rang that before getting an invite, and were offered an appointment within a couple of days, at their nearest GP hub in town, rather than a 25 mile round trip to an NHS site.

GPs' are doing around 75% of the jabs, with NHS sites doing the other 25%, all depends on how on the ball your GP is, at £12.58 per jab, there's a lot of money in it for the GPs.

None of my offspring, including partners, have been done yet...which given they are late 30s, early 40s seems a little slow...although they are all being a bit blase, tbh. We had a mini-party in the wood (for grand-daughter's birthday) and there was considerable amounts of hugging going on.

My region now saying they aim to vaccinate EVERYONE by end of August but I highly doubt it will happen. September/October feels more realistic, but hopeful to have one in time for next Christmas.

As in two doses for everyone?

Not even had an invite yet (am 44 later this year). NHS Lothian has been pretty slow compared to other parts of the country. Mr W is 54 and has only had his first one a few weeks ago.

Im 31 I wonder when I'll get mine!

I asked if having long covid/CFS diagnosis makes any difference.. but it doesnt. Of anything probably makes me lower priority! :D

Back
Top Bottom