Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

Where the ethical issues are so muddled, as is the case here, I see no reason for the US to be involved

• The US said on Sunday it was sending the USS Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group toward Israel.

1696967606817.png

Absolute horseshit. I’ve spent extended time in Palestine and political discourse is diverse as are political organisations. Many Palestinians are not particularly religious and, it may come as a shock to you, not even Muslim. Your attempt to dehumanise an entire people as Hamas has more than a whiff of sketchiness about it.
And that disagrees with his point how? :confused:

Yeah I know I have to be careful here because we're talking BEHEADED BABIES and that's much worse than killing them from 30.000ft or 6 miles away but I too would like to see a tiny bit more corroboration because, well basically, it's not exactly an unknown propaganda tactic and we all remember Kuwait. Guess what? That doesn't mean I don't think it could well have happened. doesn't mean I support beheading babies etc etc.

It's just a known 'de-humanize your enemy' tactic. From a state that's called Palestinians 'animals'.

Margot thingy is closely tied to CNN by the way, so that's why corroboration from an unnamed CNN journalist isn't quite enough for me. Yet.

I don't need pics. Just named sources who say they've seen it themselves, as opposed to slashed throats (bad enough, obviously still worse than doing it from 6 miles away though).

Sorry if this has already been announced, but who are these foreign journalists she cites as sources?

There are a lot of reports (there was one in the Daily Mail) that some other people have seen this, but so far I can't find any eyewitness report of a journalist who has said they were there and this is what they saw. I've seen earlier reports today (from another settlement) where reporters and military personnel said they had seen evidence of beheadings and had found murdered kids, so it seems a bit odd that (so far at least) noone has gone on the record yet.

I don't think it's odd at all.

The first people to go into the room - with the possible/probable exception of someone from the kibbutz who had survived the attack - would have been police/IDF, followed by paramedics.

Given the normal human reaction to, and emotions around, dead children, it's almost certain that a) the bodies would be covered, and removed from the rooms to somewhere 'clean', somewhere more fitting, more dignified, more peaceful, and b) that the people who had carried out that indescribably grim task would be being protected by their colleagues, and kept a long way from the media.

You have, you know, actually spent time among people before, haven't you?

I don't think it's odd at all.

The first people to go into the room - with the possible/probable exception of someone from the kibbutz who had survived the attack - would have been police/IDF, followed by paramedics.

Given the normal human reaction to, and emotions around, dead children, it's almost certain that a) the bodies would be covered, and removed from the rooms to somewhere 'clean', somewhere more fitting, more dignified, more peaceful, and b) that the people who had carried out that indescribably grim task would be being protected by their colleagues, and kept a long way from the media.

You have, you know, actually spent time among people before, haven't you?
So what you're saying is these as yet unnamed journos would have seen things which could be covered doll's

the us turn up and blaming Iran

jebus this is already history repeating itself for the last 50 years

if only Jared could come back and resolve it all again

Absolute horseshit. I’ve spent extended time in Palestine and political discourse is diverse as are political organisations. Many Palestinians are not particularly religious and, it may come as a shock to you, not even Muslim. Your attempt to dehumanise an entire people as Hamas has more than a whiff of sketchiness about it.

You completely and utterly missed or misunderstood my point, which was similar to yours WhyLikeThis. Go back and read the context of what I was replying to, which was criticising people equating Hamas with all Palestinians.

Last edited:
My point is that the big guns have arrived to discourage other actors from seeking advantage in the region. If you have an alternative hypothesis I’d be glad to hear it.
How would you suggest planes in the Mediterranean would deter a country on the Persian gulf hundreds of miles to the east across Lebanon, Jordan and Iraq?

Back
Top Bottom