Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamas/Israel conflict: news and discussion

That Oscars speech really has triggered many people indeed:

Makes me want to see the film

He also did Under the Skin. Which is one of the best sci fi films of recent times.

One of his critics in article directed Son of Saul

Which I see is on for free on ITV player

They both appear to have completely opposing views but both produce very good films. ( I'm assuming Zone of Interest is as good as critics say it is. )

Son of Saul is demanding gruelling watch. A few days in a concentration camp near end of WW2. Id recommend it as one of the best fictional films about the Holocaust I've seen,

Sometimes think its best to see works of art and draw ones own conclusions.

Doctors who have volunteered to work in hospitals in Gaza say health facilities and staff be being targeted by IDF.

The reason: to destroy health infrastructure in order to get civilians to leave.

Crucial equipment is destroyed.

One said he had meetings with Cameron. But came away thinking this was just a tick boxing exercise and nothing will change.

Doctors who have volunteered to work in hospitals in Gaza say health facilities and staff be being targeted by IDF.

The reason: to destroy health infrastructure in order to get civilians to leave.

Crucial equipment is destroyed.

One said he had meetings with Cameron. But came away thinking this was just a tick boxing exercise and nothing will change.
Nick Maynard quoted in the article above also described this

What happens to the zionists after the genocide? ‘Man-made famine’ charge against Israel is backed by mounting body of evidence I have long thought they intended to kill hundreds of thousands of Palestinians but a million or more may be on the cards. What sort of measures will be undertaken to bring Netanyahu and his filthy band to justice? And going by the obvious precedent for war crimes and crimes against humanity can we hope they'll receive the same penalty as the likes of keitel and von papen?

At least some Labour MPs are saying arms to Israel should be stopped.

Been quite impressed by Clive Lewis MP over time:

Here he is in Parliament.

The answer he gets is that Israel has a "right to defend itself" and it must follow international law on this.

Which it clearly is not. So its nauseating to here this line trotted out all the time. Despite all evidence to contrary that is being displayed in news in real time

Why isnt Starmer up there saying what Clive Lewis is? Starmer is basically saying same as government ministers.

At least some Labour MPs are saying arms to Israel should be stopped.

Been quite impressed by Clive Lewis MP over time:

Here he is in Parliament.

The answer he gets is that Israel has a "right to defend itself" and it must follow international law on this.

Which it clearly is not. So its nauseating to here this line trotted out all the time. Despite all evidence to contrary that is being displayed in news in real time

Why isnt Starmer up there saying what Clive Lewis is?

Shammer has tied himself to the zionist entity, he has nothing to offer

I wonder if the complaisance of both labour and tories on this matter will come back to bite those nefandous parties. I mean properly bite, not merely a nibble or two. What happens here if say a million Palestinians are murdered by the zionist fascists? Do people let it pass or abandon those complicit scum? Or perhaps take a more active policy toward them?

I don't think you are actually antisemitic Aladdin , but you do have an unfortunate tendency to unthinkingly post stuff closely adjacent to antisemitic tropes.

The idea that other governments have been "bought" by the Israelis or the Jews is one of those tropes.

Maybe a bit more thought about the words you use or the Twitter accounts you link to would be an idea in future.

I don't think you are actually antisemitic Aladdin , but you do have an unfortunate tendency to unthinkingly post stuff closely adjacent to antisemitic tropes.

The idea that other governments have been "bought" by the Israelis or the Jews is one of those tropes.

Maybe a bit more thought about the words you use or the Twitter accounts you link to would be an idea in future.

I dont think I am antisemitic either..

I have no view other than "why is the world allowing 1.5 million people to be trapped and starved". If Palestine was doing this to Israel I would be equally appalled and upset and angry at the world if it was standing back allowing it to happen. But I doubt that the world would have taken nearly 5 months to intervene or get aid in.

Its not antisemitic to ask Why the UK US and indeed EU have taken so long to recognise that Gazans have a right to medicines food water and aid.

I genuinely do not understand why the UK and US have supported the actions of Israel.

Beat me up for asking about money ... I apologise for that.
If I have put 2 + 2 together and made 5 then mea culpa.

Back
Top Bottom