Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

General election, the urban75 vote

How will you vote?

• Total voters
Not according to YouGov.

Then they are wrong. Paddy's have the tory at 1/8! Woodcock is hated by everyone here. He may be one of Corbyn's foremost critics, but be recieves no credit for that from those who work in the shipyard or Sellafield. Absolutely none.

Will vote Lib Dem. Tempted by Labour but they don't stand a chance here (Leeds NW). Didn't vote last time as felt so disillusioned then felt guilty about the Tories fucking us all over.
I'll be surprised if Labour don't win in Leeds NW this time, it's going to be close and the lib dems are bricking it.

Labour have more activists out campaigning, and lib dem central have fucked it up by sending 'vote lib dem to stop labour' leaflets out across the constituency, which will further piss off the lib dem voters who started voting lib dem as an anti-tory measure.

You can vote for either safely as the tories haven't got a hope in hell, and aren't campaigning.

erm and as a Green Party campaigner I should also point out that you could always vote for us instead of lib dems - it looks like quite a few lib dems are doing that instead of voting labour, while loads of greens have moved to voting labour.

Labour have more activists out campaigning, and lib dem central have fucked it up by sending 'vote lib dem to stop labour' leaflets out across the constituency, which will further piss off the lib dem voters who started voting lib dem as an anti-tory measure.
Dicks, got a photo/pic?

actually that was one of his leaflets not central office.

They've done that for ages, but did it in a targeted way in the more tory areas, then did more anti-tory ones elsewhere, or I think even targeted once based on their canvassing data.

The national leaflets seem to have been going to everyone, so have undone all that careful targeting.

Nah, others do it if the circumstances suit. Pretty sure the SNP and Tories have done some this (and possibly last) time.

Nah, others do it if the circumstances suit. Pretty sure the SNP and Tories have done some this (and possibly last) time.

I know all parties always disparage and downplay the popularity of their opponents but I thought the way it was done in that leaflet was a Lib Dem thing. I can't speak from personal experience though as I have never been given a Lib Dem or Tory leaflet, only ever had Labour or UKIP leaflets.

Some Twitterati dude posted this:

:D

I had really no idea who this person was and now that I have bothered to look her up on Wikipedia I am vaguely amused:
... Born in Liverpool in 1978,[3] Leslie's family moved to Bristol aged two.

Charlotte Leslie - Wikipedia

It appears to say that the whole lot of her family was born in Liverpool in 1978 and then moved to Bristol when aged two. :hmm:

Now, many of us move for reasons of career or similar, but to move all those many miles when only two years old is really quite impressive. And unusual. Must have been a bit of a bother, surely, in terms of renting a room, getting a job and all that.

Mother Leslie and Father Leslie dashing around in a whole different city to get a job and to rent a room, only to be told "No! You are only two years old."

Oh, what a sad and poor childhood young Charlotte must have had. :(

I'll be surprised if Labour don't win in Leeds NW this time, it's going to be close and the lib dems are bricking it.

You can vote for either safely as the tories haven't got a hope in hell, and aren't campaigning.

erm and as a Green Party campaigner I should also point out that you could always vote for us instead of lib dems - it looks like quite a few lib dems are doing that instead of voting labour, while loads of greens have moved to voting labour.
Ah. I may well consider Labour then. I like their policies, I just don't trust Corbyn and I really cannot STAND the Momentum thing. But I would genuinely like to see them beat the Tories.

To those not voting, because they're 'all capitalism', or you think you can maintain your hard left untouchable 'I told you so' position forever, you are as good as waving in the Tories imo. Tory enablers. All to maintain your own superiority. Unbelievable, when people have to live with the results for five years.

"Sorry you are starving and dragging yourself round your flat by your elbows cos they won't rehouse you, but I drew a spunking cock hahaha". Fucking embarrassing.

I don't think he is who he says he is. I don't think he's this 'genuinely nice principled guy', he supported the IRA in the 80s ffs. For a starter. He didn't just 'want to talk to them'. He's disingenuous hiding behind this lefty we're the good guys image. It's bollocks.

To those not voting, because they're 'all capitalism', or you think you can maintain your hard left untouchable 'I told you so' position forever, you are as good as waving in the Tories imo. Tory enablers. All to maintain your own superiority. Unbelievable, when people have to live with the results for five years

As opposed to voting Lib Dem, which demonstrably does lead to the Tories getting in. I see.

The Lib Dems must be the only party that openly promotes itself in their literature not on the basis of policy of even personality (with Tim Farron, I don't blame them!) but on the basis that no one else can win the seat. No other party seem to do this.
They all do it. And the bar charts are a thing of wonder.

Mine is a very safe Tory seat, made even safer by my local MP being Westminster hero Tobias Ellwood. I went to a hustings last week and they were all just saying the same things. So I've decided to vote for the young and lovely 22 year old independent candidate who wants to solve homelessness by giving away 40% of his salary. Attempting to get him his deposit back feels like the most productive use of my vote at the moment.

I don't think he is who he says he is. I don't think he's this 'genuinely nice principled guy', he supported the IRA in the 80s ffs. For a starter. He didn't just 'want to talk to them'. He's disingenuous hiding behind this lefty we're the good guys image. It's bollocks.
He also got arrested for demonstrating against apartheid , voted against the Syrian ,Libya and Iraq wars. I'd check his voting history

As for the IRA he didn't support the British army out in northern Ireland, had talks to try and end this , which eventually happened , he also lamented about all troops being killed out there not just the Irish.

You also say ' you don't think he is who he say he is' please find some compelling proof to convince me of your thoughts please ? :)

I can never truly condone the tactics of both- well all three* if you want to put it like that- factions in that war. And it was a war, a dirty civil war that spilled out and over for reasons that you'd need to do some reading about.

*more if you start going into the often rival factions under the same umbrella

But in essence this 'you loved the IRA!' stuff is being presented in a completely post-9/11 landscape of terrorist is evil and thats it. These attitudes, had they been allowed to have free reign forever will never stop a conflict. How do you end a war? There is the option of completely liquidating the enemy and his civilian support base and terrifying the populace with such savagery they won't think about conflict for another 50 years. Or you can talk. What else is there?

While not to romanticise the GFA or downplay its limitations in real social change, it was a result, of a limited kind.

still plenty who served tours out there who talk of how it would have been obver before christmas had they been allowed to take the gloves off. But tbh, I can understand your concern about corbyns bedfellows, its enemy-of-my-enemy stuff and an anti-imperialism stance of the labour left kind. But this is not then. The protesters aren't outside the SA embassy. The empire is dead, well at least in its formal sense

<snip>
To those not voting, because they're 'all capitalism', or you think you can maintain your hard left untouchable 'I told you so' position forever, you are as good as waving in the Tories imo. Tory enablers. All to maintain your own superiority. Unbelievable, when people have to live with the results for five years.

"Sorry you are starving and dragging yourself round your flat by your elbows cos they won't rehouse you, but I drew a spunking cock hahaha". Fucking embarrassing.

I'm one of the people who has to live with the results. I live in a homeless hostel that I can't see how I'll ever move out of because of the lack of housing and shit like LHA. I'm on ESA and every time I get called to an assessment I wonder if this is when they'll cut my money off and the appeals and letters and trekking around begging for food bank referrals will all just get too much. I'm not superior, I'm probably one of the people least likely to last another five years. I just don't believe any of those cunts will change much or even give a shit.

The Lib Dems must be the only party that openly promotes itself in their literature not on the basis of policy of even personality (with Tim Farron, I don't blame them!) but on the basis that no one else can win the seat. No other party seem to do this.

Plaid have nicked this 'brilliant' tactic. Even down to saying Tories don't have a chance around here when they came second with Plaid a distant third last time around.

Ah. I may well consider Labour then. I like their policies, I just don't trust Corbyn and I really cannot STAND the Momentum thing. But I would genuinely like to see them beat the Tories.

Right, says the person who was voting for a fucking LD five minutes ago. Supercilious crap.

This fucking supercillious robotic gurning mound of spite can't surely continue as PM after this debate, no matter even if her cabal of necromancers wins. There's no fucking way, surely. She's as good as admitted that she can't handle any negotiation by bottling it

What do you mean when you say this?

Back
Top Bottom