Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Five-year-old April Jones kidnapped in Machynlleth, Mid-Wales

^^^^^^
fwiw I understood that to mean the police are searching for a body we hope they have it wrong and she is still alive somewhere.

I fear the river is going to play a part in all this.

I guess the guy they arrested is saying that he just gave her a lift - she got in willingly - and unless some other evidence comes up, then even the abduction charge may be hard to stick. And, of course he could be telling the truth and something else may have happened.

Well it is certainly true that the vast and hyperbolic media coverage has made it pretty much impossible for any possible kidnapper to have an incentive to release her unharmed.
Well done, national media, applause. :rolleyes:

But when she was just missing (perhaps got lost) and they wanted her to be found, sharing her name and picture as much as possible would have helped with that. And the consequences for any kidnapper would be pretty severe, media coverage or not.

I fear the river is going to play a part in all this.

I guess the guy they arrested is saying that he just gave her a lift - she got in willingly - and unless some other evidence comes up, then even the abduction charge may be hard to stick. And, of course he could be telling the truth and something else may have happened.

The police seem to be convinced it is him but can't pin it on him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19828904

If it isn't him, then his life is pretty much ruined. Name, age, photo, even his car registration out in the public domain.

That's the thing, innit. Look at the other guys in the past who have been arrested or brought in for questioning, and the way they've had their lives raked over the coals by the likes of Sky et al, and it's turned out that they had nothing to do with anything. Not saying this guy is necessarily innocent or guilty, there's plenty of stuff none of us are privvy to that only the police know, and that the police even don't know yet I'm sure. But I can't help feeling uncomfortable when the moment someone is questioned people start calling for his hanging, etc. It's a nasty fucking business. All of it.

Frightening
The police seem to be convinced it is him but can't pin it on him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19828904

If it isn't him, then his life is pretty much ruined. Name, age, photo, even his car registration out in the public domain.
Hopefully Chris Jefferies has survived all the crap that was chucked at him.

Ironic that at the same time in the news is the story of a father who stabbed his two children to death when committing suicide - and that's by no means the first.

Ironic that at the same time in the news is the story of a father who stabbed his two children to death when committing suicide - and that's by no means the first.

Whilst one of the children had to watch his sibling murdered violently at the hands of the father he loved. Horrific.

On the subject of the above the following appeared on Tuesday in the 'Evening Standard' credited to Mark Blunden, Justin Davenport and John Dunne.

Today, Mrs Pedersen was being comforted by relatives at her semi-detached home in Ashford, Surrey. Strewn inside the porch were reminders of a normal family life: a pink fairy rucksack, school shoes, trainers and a PE bag bearing the logo of Ashford Church of England Primary School. A man who answered the door said only 'She needs to have time to grieve'.

And I thought, 'Own up the cunt who actually went and knocked on her door and peered inside'.

What on Earth are you hoping for other than some misery to monetise as grief tourism?

People of the interwebs (not here) are seriously fucking me off. What is with people that they have to judge the parents for allowing their child to play outside, insinuate the mother was screwing the man in custody, get massively suspicious about the medication angle because the rolling 'news' stations ignored it until last night implying the parents are crooked somehow, call for the torture of the suspect, pass around internet gossip about the girl's 'real father' as if it was concrete fact or all of the above? Then get pissy because someone points out some of the known facts that contradict their pet theory. People suck.

People of the interwebs (not here) are seriously fucking me off. What is with people that they have to judge the parents for allowing their child to play outside, insinuate the mother was screwing the man in custody, get massively suspicious about the medication angle because the rolling 'news' stations ignored it until last night implying the parents are crooked somehow, call for the torture of the suspect, pass around internet gossip about the girl's 'real father' as if it was concrete fact or all of the above? Then get pissy because someone points out some of the known facts that contradict their pet theory. People suck.

Absolutely agree. It's like a pack of vultures circling around, who would probably be quite happy if the worst happened, so they could pick over the details with some kind of horrific glee, puffing up their chests as they ensure they make themselves feel superior through their analyses and judgements of all involved.

Today, Mrs Pedersen was being comforted by relatives at her semi-detached home in Ashford, Surrey. Strewn inside the porch were reminders of a normal family life: a pink fairy rucksack, school shoes, trainers and a PE bag bearing the logo of Ashford Church of England Primary School. A man who answered the door said only 'She needs to have time to grieve'.

Return of the Amateur Sleuth: Surely she will only grieve when the child is found dead.

They are obviously useless; the Daily Mail would have included the value of the house, number of bedrooms, detached or semi-, details of luxury items, flat screen TVs, wine racks etc.

Of course, and they still should. This is a one in a million occurrence. Devastating of course, but really very very rare.
And if it turns out that Mark Bridger is the one who took her then it's not even a stranger abduction. She will have been taken by someone she trusted, who could most likely have taken her at any opportunity.

Return of the Amateur Sleuth: Surely she will only grieve when the child is found dead.

They are obviously useless; the Daily Mail would have included the value of the house, number of bedrooms, detached or semi-, details of luxury items, flat screen TVs, wine racks etc.
Sorry for the correction here but what mr moose quoted was to do with the earlier mentioned murder-suicide where a father killed his two young children and then topped himself. Fucking tragic stuff :(

If the suspect hasn't been charged how much longer can they hold him.I am asking because i am not certain if he as been charged

If the suspect hasn't been charged how much longer can they hold him.I am asking because i am not certain if he as been charged
I think on current arrangements they can question him until 5pm Friday.
Mind you I don't know if the police are permitted to apply for a further extension or not.

eta: afaik they have not charged him with anything.

It's absolutely right and normal that children living in tiny towns should play outside and feel safe.
Go to South Tottenham, bottom of Stamford Hill and you'll see two year olds playing out unsupervised by anyone except their slightly older siblings. Of course there are adults keeping an eye - the Jewish community has their own 'vigilantes', but it's not at all obvious. The community keeps them safe, no need for cctv.

Back
Top Bottom