Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Five-year-old April Jones kidnapped in Machynlleth, Mid-Wales

Heard on the radio that he confessed to the prison priest that he'd dumped her body in a river. Couldn't be used in court though.

Probably another lie.

Wasn't it the largest search ever by the police service? If it was as simple as in the river they would have found her.

Probably another lie.

Wasn't it the largest search ever by the police service? If it was as simple as in the river they would have found her.

Not been following the story, but having just read the BBC article about fragments of skull found in his wood burner, then it's almost definitely another lie.

The river is plausible as it was swollen above it's usual level.

But he was apparently a seasoned outdoorsman and had worked in arbitrator. It doesn't bear thinking about what he could have done to the body.

How many 'full lifers' do we have nowadays?

I remember seeing an article maybe 12/15 years ago where there were very few people who were told they would never get out, Sutcliffe, Brady, Bamber are the ones I recall.

Am I wrong in thinking there are more of these type of sentences being handed out?

I remember seeing an article maybe 12/15 years ago where there were very few people who were told they would never get out, Sutcliffe, Brady, Bamber are the ones I recall.

Am I wrong in thinking there are more of these type of sentences being handed out?

Apparently only the 37th person to receive this. I suppose this reflects his deviousness and his desire to lie about everything, clearly the judge believes he will remain a threat for the rest of his life.

.. But he was apparently a seasoned outdoorsman and had worked in arbitrator. It doesn't bear thinking about what he could have done to the body.

I know it is OT but surely an "arbitrator" is someone who arbitrates in a dispute. An abatoir worker on the other hand is a slaughterman. :)

Can we have harsher sentences for people who come up with bullshit not guilty defences?

Like the guy who claimed he didn't rape and murder a woman, he found her body and had sex with it?

Or the bloke who claimed the woman he murdered committed suicide by stabbing herself 17 times?

That's why there was no mitigation and he received a life tariff.

combining the total life tariffs set by past home secs and judges (the latter having the sole prerogative since 2004), I counted 50

The murder of April Jones tested the strength of my community

For everyone connected with Machynlleth, the experience has been shattering, but with Mark Bridger's conviction, the process of healing can begin

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/30/ukcrime-wales

Monbiot on the effects of the murder on his adopted town

btw, there is something magical about that part of the world, don't think it will ever be the same.

One thing that I noticed was the cold, dead look in Bridger's eyes in the pic the news and papers have been using. Horrible :(

I am one of the GPs in Machynlleth, and I have been caring for the community and many of the people affected by this horrific event. This has shaken the community to the core, and caused many people to experience significant psychiatric distress, with partially healing wounds re-opened at each stage of the search, trial and media interest. The harm to the collective health of my patients should not be underestimated.
I too hope, with Mr Monbiot, that the community can find the strength and unity it did on those first dark days when it pulled together to search for April, and that the healing of the emotional and psychological scars for this town can now begin with the conclusion of the trial and conviction secured I have faith that they will.
Dr Alan Woodall
GP Machynlleth Medical Practice.

Having visited and passed through the area my thoughts are with the family of April Jones and other working class families there.

Back
Top Bottom