Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Great example of community action again. :)

About 300 people gathered in front of a mosque in Waterloo Road in Middlesbrough to guard it while police blocked off nearby streets.

One resident told the PA news agency: “We’re going to be paying for this, and for what?

“This has got nothing to do with three little girls that have lost their lives. They’ve used it to cause utter mayhem on our streets.”

A person was seen being stretchered into an ambulance after an incident at the Swatters Carr pub. LINK

See, that to me is how this needs dealing with, both community members and police facing off these cunts.

I worry about these knee-jerk reactions of calling for the army to be brought in, that hasn't happened with pervious riots, I don't want it to happen now, I fear it would result in mission creep, and even more scary times.

Do the number of arrests seem a little... thin? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly in the market for 'arresting everyone will fix this', but one arrest in Rotherham? I suppose there might be more pulled up later once they get home. Hopefully in the early hours with a fucker of a hangover.

Do the number of arrests seem a little... thin? I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly in the market for 'arresting everyone will fix this', but one arrest in Rotherham? I suppose there might be more pulled up later once they get home. Hopefully in the early hours with a fucker of a hangover.
We know there's a shortage of places to lock them up in - and doubtless so do they ...

I was thinking this. They nick 43 people trying to prevent people being forcibly send to the Bibby Stockholm, yet they have only managed to make a few hundred or so arrests with riots in over ten different towns.

Do the number of arrests seem a little... thin?

Exceptionally so. Southport was 5 days ago now, still no mass arrests. People on here (some) were convinced 'the full force of the law' meant something coz 50 coppers chipped a nail and 8 went to hospital. Well it isn't working out that way.

500 charged on the poll tax riot.

My mate got his door knocked the day after Welling.

Compare and contrast.

See, that to me is how this needs dealing with, both community members and police facing off these cunts.

I worry about these knee-jerk reactions of calling for the army to be brought in, that hasn't happened with pervious riots, I don't want it to happen now, I fear it would result in mission creep, and even more scary times.
Armies are notoriously unequipped to deal with civil disorder. They don't have the training, they don't have appropriate firearms. And, at the moment, they don't have the manpower. "Call in the army" is both an administrative failure, and an authoritarian's wet dream, no more.

Hardly anyone in Cardiff, group of 6/7 that were seen off by the woman holding the "Mamgus against Muppets" sign and others
Apparently small groups in some beer gardens but nothing really, worry is they'll do something further west or in the valleys

Armies are notoriously unequipped to deal with civil disorder. They don't have the training, they don't have appropriate firearms. And, at the moment, they don't have the manpower. "Call in the army" is both an administrative failure, and an authoritarian's wet dream, no more.
If things had continued a day or two longer in 2011 you might have seen it. But that was many thousands of people on the streets for four continuous days of rioting, with cops from all over the country called in.

Fucking hell those poor people in that hotel :( all quiet in Scotland so far I think, although I noticed today that there were no Deliveroo guys in my bike shop needing punctures fixed and I didn't see any riding around on my commute either. A rainy Sunday afternoon would normally be really busy with them and I would have four of five guys in. I presume they're all worried and lying low :(

Fucking hell those poor people in that hotel :( all quiet in Scotland so far I think, although I noticed today that there were no Deliveroo guys in my bike shop needing punctures fixed and I didn't see any riding around on my commute either. A rainy Sunday afternoon would normally be really busy with them and I would have four of five guys in. I presume they're all worried and lying low :(
Fash are planning something in George Square, Glasgow, Sat 7th Sept. Usual Orange Order dinosaurs, no doubt. A month’s a long time. But you’re right, nothing has materialised here so far.

One of my closest mates, the drummer in my band, is British Asian. He’s worried. Has a young daughter. I can’t imagine how they’ll be feeling just going about their lives. It’s sad, sickening and miserable thinking about it. What is there to say to them?

Fash are planning something in George Square, Glasgow, Sat 7th Sept. Usual Orange Order dinosaurs, no doubt. A month’s a long time. But you’re right, nothing has materialised here so far.

One of my closest mates, the drummer in my band, is British Asian. He’s worried. Has a young daughter. I can’t imagine how they’ll be feeling just going about their lives. It’s sad, sickening and miserable thinking about it. What is there to say to them?
That demo (if it happens) will get a very robust response from Glaswegian anti-fascists I think, judging from some overt organising against it I've seen on my social media. Probably going to warn my two kids that live there to stay out of the centre of town that day. Re your second point, yes, it's awful. My two younger boys both have close friends who are Muslim.

Back
Top Bottom