Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mass stabbing at Southport Kids’ Club 29/7/24

Yes, I suspected and feared an authoritarian streak in Starmer. It's not taken him long.
As DPP, Starmer initially went along with the cop lies, and so the CPS initially failed to take seriously the police role in the killing of Ian Tomlinson - it wasn't until the Guardian published a video that clearly showed a cop whacking Tomlinson with a baton that there was a public furore. And even then, the CPS under Starmer failed to deal with the case effectively and in a timely manner. It wasn't until after the jury at an inquest into his death returned a finding of unlawful killing that the CPS was spurred into action. By then, it was too late. Although the cop was prosecuted for manslaughter, he was acquitted. iirc, there were questions about the competency of the pathologist who carried out the initial post-mortem.

And while he was DPP, Starmer also presided over the wrongful convictions of protesters at Drax power station. The CPS under Starmer failed to turn over evidence to the defence, which they were legally required to do, regarding the involvement of a 'spycop'. iirc, it was only after one of the spycops was uncovered that the spycop scandal came to light and the involvement of the spycop became apparent. iirc, a second trial of a second batch of defendants was called off, and the convictions from a first trial were overturned.

Once upon a time, Starmer helped the McLibel defendants. Ever since, he seems to have dined out on his credentials as a human rights barrister. In reality, he's repeatedly proven himself poacher-turned-gamekeeper, a total and utter cunt, in the legal sector, and now in politics.

Just noting a thought, but of course there will still be an England next year.

Its very concerning the shear number of riots breaking out, something like five cities now?

Riots in 2011 were far more widespread, what's different now is the ability to watch any disturbance livestreamed.

Eta. Starmer of course zealously overprosecuted back then.
I would have thought that what's different now is the ability to plan and organise using the social media.

He's right about this though.

Rioting scumbags should be policed with the utmost prejudice, whatever their flavour. If that means some misbehaving lefties like Rob Ray get scooped-up too, it's a bonus.
No idea what flavour of activism Rob Roy is involved with, but people taking a principled stance and engaging in non-violent direct action or violent direct action, eg occupying or smashing up eg a weapons/parts manufacturing facility where the end user is the Israeli military, which is currently committing war crimes and carrying out genocide in Gaza, or maybe blocking an airport runway/road to protest against climate change, cannot be compared to thugs attacking a mosque because of misinformation spread on the internet, or looting a Sri Lankan heritage shopkeeper's local shop of booze and cigs, just because it's there, when things kicked off in Southport.

No idea what flavour of activism Rob Roy is involved with, but people taking a principled stance and engaging in non-violent direct action or violent direct action, eg occupying or smashing up eg a weapons/parts manufacturing facility where the end user is the Israeli military, which is currently committing war crimes and carrying out genocide in Gaza, or maybe blocking an airport runway/road to protest against climate change, cannot be compared to thugs attacking a mosque because of misinformation spread on the internet, or looting a Sri Lankan heritage shopkeeper's local shop of booze and cigs, just because it's there, when things kicked off in Southport.
Oh, has Spy forgotten I have him on ignore again? How tedious.

Riots in 2011 were far more widespread, what's different now is the ability to watch any disturbance livestreamed.

Eta. Starmer of course zealously overprosecuted back then.
Yeah, people imprisoned for, iirc knicking a bottle of water from Tesco on Morning Lane, Hackney.

Tbh, someone offered me biscuits that'd been looted from the 'corner shop' (not on a corner) on Clarence Road, Hackney. Weird to think that if I'd said yes I might've done time.

Yeah, people imprisoned for, iirc knicking a bottle of water from Tesco on Morning Lane, Hackney.

Tbh, someone offered me biscuits that'd been looted from the 'corner shop' (not on a corner) on Clarence Road, Hackney. Weird to think that if I'd said yes I might've done time.

It was supposedly to "set an example" by ruining the life of a teenager with an otherwise clean record (the sentence was long enough to never be expunged, so will always have to be declared).

Bet that won't happen with these guys.

This would fit better on the other thread, though, really.

Oh there’s definitely a hierarchy of arseholery but it doesn’t excuse violent conduct unless it’s immediately defensive. Anyone who throws bricks at people with the aim of causing them serious injury should go to prison.

He expressly said that he released the guy's name in response to misinformation.

So the fash have learned that they can leverage state actors to act against protocol just by kicking off and smashing shit. I'm sure that will end well.
Especially for the family who have to now have protection. No suggestion they have anything to answer for

Whether they are stirring up racial hatred should be a major factor in how activists are treated.

eta: are we straying again? (easily done) Should this go on the other thread?

Back
Top Bottom