Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Mass stabbing at Southport Kids’ Club 29/7/24

No idea but I can't remember ever hearing it applied to youngsters.

I thought you said you understand that misogyny is embedded in all sections of society.
ETA this was said by someone else.

Ammended response:

Then you’re not paying attention barlimo

Misogyny is embedded throughout society and that includes youngsters.

Here’s some reading for you.

And on and on and on….

Last edited:
I thought you said you understand that misogyny is embedded in all sections of society.

That includes youngsters.

And on and on and on….

An anecdote.

Mini fire (11, female) has already heard classmates and boys in the year above her talking approvingly about Andrew Tate.

This was a year ago...

And again: this is why I'm glad I don't have sons. Fucking primary school kids telling female teachers to make them a sandwich and trying to control the girls in their class. I wonder how long it'll be before one of these nasty little cunts rapes a female teacher.

This is also why I get nervous around big groups of teenage boys and before the men on here get angry, no, I do not think every single man is a rapist in waiting but it is frightening how young children are growing up thinking women aren't people and shouldn't have rights or jobs.

This is important but it’s a derail.
Best to keep the specific stuff about misogyny over on the vawg thread I reckon.

I don’t know why this has gone into italics. I can’t undo it for some reason.

That includes youngsters.

And on and on and on….
No I didn't say that, it probably came from one of the misogyny experts posting on this thread.

And again: this is why I'm glad I don't have sons. Fucking primary school kids telling female teachers to make them a sandwich and trying to control the girls in their class. I wonder how long it'll be before one of these nasty little cunts rapes a female teacher.

This is also why I get nervous around big groups of teenage boys and before the men on here get angry, no, I do not think every single man is a rapist in waiting but it is frightening how young children are growing up thinking women aren't people and shouldn't have rights or jobs.
This makes me very sad. You have every right to be scared of these boys given all that is being discussed here, but please try to remember that they are children in the language you are using to describe them. Any boy going down this path is misguided, and society needs to assertively address this. Men need to do this.

Not having a go. I'm male and am no expert. But I work with children. I'm just going to keep reading and listening right now.

I held my one day old grandson today for the first time. I'm feeling how important this is.

Peace x

Last edited:
Also might not be a popular post but felt sad today for the injured police too. Get maimed just for trying to stop a load of brutes trashing residential roads. All so deranged, unnecessary on any level. Inflicting violence on folk trying to protect a road and a mosque? Jesus fucking Christ, talk about gone. Really no words for the crime itself and aftermath.

This is important but it’s a derail.
Best to keep the specific stuff about misogyny over on the vawg thread I reckon.

I don’t know why this has gone into italics. I can’t undo it for some reason.

I'm not on that thread and am not going to join it.

There's nothing more to discuss here anyway. Misogyny is not something you can only perpetrate or experience when you're old enough to vote, and only a deliberately stupid person would try to claim that.

And only a troll would attack women on a thread about an attack on women and girls.

The convoy taking the perpetrator to court just passed my office window by Liverpool court building. Lots of noise and lots of vehicles. Traffic being stopped for obvious reasons to allow them unhindered passage.

Male violence as an angry response to an act of male violence.
Thank you weepiper , this sums it up for me.

I don't want to guess at the reason for the stabbings or the motivation of the perpetrator.The rioters though, they are angry men expressing mis directed violence. They had no regard for the victims, the families, friends and community they imposed themselves on.

It didn't occur to them to attend a candlelit vigil, attend a gathering in a community center or go to pray, did it? They didn't organise a whipround for the victims and the dance class.

They just wanted to use a horrible crime to express their own twisted racism. No doubt adding to the trauma of the people of Southport.

They are no doubt misogynistic. Their actions are sending a clear message to small girls everywhere to be frightened of big men.

I don't want to guess at the reason for the stabbings or the motivation of the perpetrator.The rioters though, they are angry men expressing mis directed violence. They had no regard for the victims, the families, friends and community they imposed themselves on.

It didn't occur to them to attend a candlelit vigil, attend a gathering in a community center or go to pray, did it? They didn't organise a whipround for the victims and the dance class.

They just wanted to use a horrible crime to express their own twisted racism. No doubt adding to the trauma of the people of Southport.

They are no doubt misogynistic. Their actions are sending a clear message to small girls everywhere to be frightened of big men.

Absolutely this.

Deserves a thousand likes.

Once they start behaving, having discipline and doing candle lit vigils we're really fucked.... The longer it's just thug mentality the longer they will stay on the relative margins

Once they start behaving, having discipline and doing candle lit vigils we're really fucked.... The longer it's just thug mentality the longer they will stay on the relative margins
Is that likely? These people can't help themselves. Apparently they were chucking fireworks at a statue of churchill. EDL marches always ended up in chaos. Hooliganism seems to be in their nature - those actively participating in the violence. Those who aren't but remain at home sharing similar views not acting on them are a different matter

So the suspect has now been named.

He turns 18 in just six days time so it seems largely academic as it would've come out anyway next week. I wonder however if his sentence will be any different had he committed the killings after he turned 18? Presumably, unless there's some mental health issues at play, he would be tried and sentenced as an adult but I don't know how the law works.

Is that likely? These people can't help themselves. Apparently they were chucking fireworks at a statue of churchill. EDL marches always ended up in chaos. Hooliganism seems to be in their nature - those actively participating in the violence. Those who aren't but remain at home sharing similar views not acting on them are a different matter
Thankfully not on the immediate horizon but it's happened on the continent

Back
Top Bottom