Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Couldn't have put this better myself. Report from Sky News over Farage and his video he posted last night, spouting conspiracy theories and fanning the flames.

Nigel Farage branded 'Tommy Robinson in a suit' after Southport violence​

Brendan Cox, the husband of murdered MP Jo Cox, said: "The fact that Nigel Farage whipped up that crowd, whipped up that sentiment, I think should make us all reconsider in what basket we put him.

"For me, it puts him on the wrong side of the line, not a credible politician, but someone willing to use awful events and hatred and undermine the community, the communities in which we live."

He said Mr Farage was "nothing better than Tommy Robinson in a suit".

Former MP Tobias Ellwood has accused Mr Farage of deliberately inflaming tensions, saying: "I lost my brother to terrorism.

"To ramp up hatred online by claiming the Southport attack was terrorist related (culminating in riots, a mosque damaged and police injured) is not just reprehensible but needs addressing.

"Otherwise it will happen again.

"Disgusted how a sitting MP deliberately inflames tensions without any justification.

"Farage should delete this tweet."

More than 200 community members in Southport responded to the invasion of fascist thugs in their streets last night by coming together to clear St Luke's Road and rebuild the wall outside the mosque Local tradesmen offered their time for free. Residents brought water, crates of free coffee and tools.
"We’re fixing the damage that these scumbags did.”
Photos of the vigil and this morning's clean up via On The Spot News.

1722433699943.png 1722433718576.png
1722433739436.png1722433760056.png

From

Could Tommy and his beloved EDL become a proscribed terror organisation. Obviously the Tories wouldn't dare do this. But hopefully Labour can...

Report from the Guardian.

Home secretary will be 'looking at' whether the EDL should be proscribed as terror group, Angela Rayner suggests​

The home secretary, Yvette Cooper, will “be looking at” whether the English Defence League (EDL) should be proscribed under terrorism laws following the riot in Southport, Angela Rayner has suggested, according to the PA news agency.

Rayner, the deputy prime minister, was quoted as having said:

We have laws and we have proscribed groups and we do look at that and it is reviewed regularly. So I’m sure that that will be something that the home secretary will be looking at as part of the normal course of what we do and the intelligence that we have.
But I think the bigger issue is about taking on the minority of people that have got thuggish behaviour, that actually that’s not our British values…
The inciting of violence and violence on the street has absolutely no place in our democracy, and we have to crack down on those that perpetuate violence and spread it within our communities.
The comments come after Humza Yousaf, Scotland’s former first minister, called for the EDL to be proscribed under terrorism laws following the riot.

In a letter to Cooper, Yousaf claimed “Britain has a far-Right problem”, urging her to use anti-terrorism powers to make membership of the group illegal.

Couldn't have put this better myself. Report from Sky News over Farage and his video he posted last night, spouting conspiracy theories and fanning the flames.

Nigel Farage branded 'Tommy Robinson in a suit' after Southport violence​

Brendan Cox, the husband of murdered MP Jo Cox, said: "The fact that Nigel Farage whipped up that crowd, whipped up that sentiment, I think should make us all reconsider in what basket we put him.

"For me, it puts him on the wrong side of the line, not a credible politician, but someone willing to use awful events and hatred and undermine the community, the communities in which we live."

He said Mr Farage was "nothing better than Tommy Robinson in a suit".

Former MP Tobias Ellwood has accused Mr Farage of deliberately inflaming tensions, saying: "I lost my brother to terrorism.

"To ramp up hatred online by claiming the Southport attack was terrorist related (culminating in riots, a mosque damaged and police injured) is not just reprehensible but needs addressing.

"Otherwise it will happen again.

"Disgusted how a sitting MP deliberately inflames tensions without any justification.

"Farage should delete this tweet."

Could Tommy and his beloved EDL become a proscribed terror organisation. Obviously the Tories wouldn't dare do this. But hopefully Labour can...

Report from the Guardian.

Home secretary will be 'looking at' whether the EDL should be proscribed as terror group, Angela Rayner suggests​

The home secretary, Yvette Cooper, will “be looking at” whether the English Defence League (EDL) should be proscribed under terrorism laws following the riot in Southport, Angela Rayner has suggested, according to the PA news agency.

Rayner, the deputy prime minister, was quoted as having said:

The comments come after Humza Yousaf, Scotland’s former first minister, called for the EDL to be proscribed under terrorism laws following the riot.

In a letter to Cooper, Yousaf claimed “Britain has a far-Right problem”, urging her to use anti-terrorism powers to make membership of the group illegal.
Could you link to the articles you've quoted please? Ta.

They're not really going as before are they, and if they got proscribed they'd just hide their branded hoodies and merch and print some new shite under a different name

I believe that if proscribed they cant just rebrand, IIRC a proscribed organisation will have any offshoots or variations on its ident included. It would also normally mean related organisations operated by its leadership and others would be proscribed with it.

It would also make it very difficult for them to spread propaganda online.

I'd also take note of their use of language, their intents are to kick racists, the far right and propagandists to the kurb. We arent under a Tory government anymore.

Could you link to the articles you've quoted please? Ta.

Sky News post 10:12

Guardian post 13:54

Tbf when I first moved to South Manchester in the first week some friends said they were going to Stockport and would I like to come I was very disappointed that there wasn't any sea
I once got a job in Carpi, Italy, which is not an island in the Bay of Naples. It was, however, Gracie Fields free, Communist and enveloped by fog for 8 months of the year.

download (2).jpeg

Four arrests so far

Police say four arrests in Southport riot and 'more will follow'

Merseyside Police have just released an update, and now say four people have been arrested following last night's riots.
  • A 31-year-old man from St Helens, Merseyside, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder
  • A 31-year-old man from West Derby, Liverpool, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder
  • A 39-year-old man from Southport was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder
  • A 32-year-old man from Manchester with a probation address in Southport was arrested on suspicion of affray and possession of a bladed article

Back
Top Bottom