Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Like...imagining reacting to the deaths of three little girls by treating it like an excuse for a jolly outing and an opportunity to get tanked. Those girls' families will never see their daughters grow up. Their friends will be sitting next to empty spaces. One of them was six years old.

The people in the area must be going through hell and now they've got gangs of drunk coked-up thugs looking for a fight and attacking people who've got nothing to do with it.

Exactly the point I was going to make. Very sad

There has been, I believe, an ever-swelling undercurrent of fascism abroad in this country today. It's deeply worrying. I hate to beat this particular drum, but it wouldn't surprise me to find that it's being orchestrated in Tufton Street.
I predicted a while ago that once Labour were back in the far-right would start kicking off like in the rest of Europe. I think the reason we didn’t get this sooner was because we had a far-right racist government in power so it was less of a rallying point. Nobody could call them a woke liberal elite. Now they’ve got a target, and the dark money shit will be funnelled here for it. Expect wider more populist stuff like the fuel protests at some point once a suitable cause has been identified, and for the likes of Reform to start organising off the back of it.

"We want our country back."

What exactly does this mean?

I was born and raised here, but it's not "my" country, it's just somewhere I was born and raised.

"Back" from where? Where has it gone?

Why are these people so gullible? At least they're using a 5 word slogan instead of the usual 3, that's progress, I suppose.
I did have look down the back of the sofa but it wasn't there. Did find 30p in loose change, enough to feed Lee Anderson, though.

It's a lose lose situation though with this lot. Whatever happens it's likely to play into their hands and rile them up even more.

TR cheering them on from the YouTube/x sidelines

Every time I heard sirens last night I thought it was kicking off locally. Probably only a matter of time.

This person has done their homework on where the disinformation about the Southport murderer came from. TLDR: a small handful of spambot accounts amplified by sock puppets and racist ghouls.

There's no argument for twitter being allowed to continue existing IMO.

This person has done their homework on where the disinformation about the Southport murderer came from. TLDR: a small handful of spambot accounts amplified by sock puppets and racist ghouls.

Totally agree about Xitter. It’s time for public bodies and brands to close their accounts and migrate to a higher-trust alternative, thereby bringing journalists and commentators with them.

There must be children who were there or who knew other children who were, or who went to school with the girls who were killed, and now they have this terrifying scene in their neighbourhood to deal with too. Absolute shame on their unwashed arses, fucking dregs.

Thanks for sharing the info posted on X. I can see a host of reasons for not supporting the state banning media platforms.

Don't and won't read twitter so haven't read your post but I presume it makes a similar point to the Guardian, who named a platform called Channel 3 now as the one that spread disinformation regarding the suspect's name and ethnicity.
This article.

One little bit in that piece which shows what we are up against, how far this dystopia is spreading, is the following.

I know Bannatyne is a cunt, but that's not the point. The point is he is, or was, part of the Establishment with his TV fame. He has over half a million followers on twitter. And he's joining in with the spread.

In a reflection of how that narrative was finding traction on this occasion beyond the usual followers of Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, the entrepreneur Duncan Bannatyne tweeted to his own 677,000 followers that “maybe he [Tommy Robinson] was right all along”.

The former BBC star later deleted the reference after being contacted by the Guardian, and a spokesperson said: “Duncan is very upset at the Southport attacks, which he has expressed on X.”

However, another Bannatyne tweet remained online in which he retweeted a claim by the Robinson ally Laurence Fox that police were suppressing details, and asked: “What information are they suppressing?”

Now that alone doesn't mean the end of the world but it's an illustration of what we are up against. The right hold the strings, own the platforms, and I can't see that changing.

Disinformation is now a powerful thing.

We can smash their brains in. But we can't bomb the internet.

We can smash their brains in. But we can't bomb the internet.
Don't be so sure. From some of those videos from Southport, you'd have to have extremely good aim to even FIND a brain amongst them.

Which is not in any way to underestimate the harm they can cause. But these are the "foot soldiers" - it's the enablers, eminences grises, and cheerleaders who are the root of the problem. I think it's time to stop cutting the likes of Yaxley-Lennon anywhere near as much slack as we seem to be doing at the moment.

Last edited:
"supressing information" is a deliberate distortion - the suspect is only seventeen, so the police are not allowed to release his name.

That's what Galloway is going with, blaming everything on the police for not releasing the information. As if the religion or ethnicity of a suspect is a standard piece of information which the public needs to know.

Back
Top Bottom