Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Don't be so sure. From some of those videos from Stockport, you'd have to have extremely good aim to even FIND a brain amongst them.

Which is not in any way to underestimate the harm they can cause. But these are the "foot soldiers" - it's the enablers, eminences grises, and cheerleaders who are the root of the problem. I think it's time to stop cutting the likes of Yaxley-Lennon anywhere near as much slack as we seem to be doing at the moment.

"We're gonna smash their brains in
Coz they ain't got nothing in them"

Linton Kwesi Johnson. Is where the quote is from. Fighting fascism in the 70s.

Which I deliberately juxtaposed with "bombing the internet". The platforms. The (spit) 'influencers'. That's the point. Smashing their brains in is no longer an answer. Well, no longer the answer.

"We're gonna smash their brains in
Coz they ain't got nothing in them"

Linton Kwesi Johnson. Is where the quote is from. Fighting fascism in the 70s.

Which I deliberately juxtaposed with "bombing the internet". The platforms. The (spit) 'influencers'. That's the point. Smashing their brains in is no longer an answer. Well, no longer the answer.

You can't really fight a thousand trollbots all running out of a single shipping container in the Urals.

Musk is allowing it so he should be held in some way responsible. I keep thinking things like this then wondering how any new laws or police actions could affect editor, but there again he wouldn't consistently let racist spambots loose on the site.

I predicted a while ago that once Labour were back in the far-right would start kicking off like in the rest of Europe. I think the reason we didn’t get this sooner was because we had a far-right racist government in power so it was less of a rallying point. Nobody could call them a woke liberal elite. Now they’ve got a target, and the dark money shit will be funnelled here for it. Expect wider more populist stuff like the fuel protests at some point once a suitable cause has been identified, and for the likes of Reform to start organising off the back of it.
Hmm the EDL types kicking off isn’t new. Plenty of waves of it over the last few years around asylum seeker homes. And of course the big Tommy Robinson marches are just the acceptable face.

Musk is allowing it so he should be held in some way responsible. I keep thinking things like this then wondering how any new laws or police actions could affect editor, but there again he wouldn't consistently let racist spambots loose on the site.

Editor, as he often reminds us, is potentially liable if someone uses his site to commit libel. Presumably that extends to actual crimes like hate speech, incitement etc.

The main reason the same doesn't apply to Musk is that Musk can throw unlimited sums of money at lawyers. He even got away with calling that cave rescue guy a paedophile, because his lawyers were better.

Hmm the EDL types kicking off isn’t new. Plenty of waves of it over the last few years around asylum seeker homes. And of course the big Tommy Robinson marches are just the acceptable face.

The timescale here is particularly alarming, as is the scale and the severity of the violence. But obviously that didn't come from nowhere. There are a lot of platforms where people constantly rile themselves up about Muslims, illegal immigrants, asylum seekers; all of whom seem to occupy one single blob in their collective understanding. The boot boys out on the street are a tiny percentage of the total problem.

With fast moving stuff like this it’s likely difficult to mute it before it has spread and done the damage. What is needed is post-event consequences, from account suspensions to collars being felt. This violence was deliberately orchestrated, opportunistically channelling anger about a horrific event at a marginal group that had fuck all to do with it. What kind of morality would see this as a great chance to stir up shit, rather than a horrific tragedy? Sick fucking minds.

If it does turn out that the perpetrator is Christian rather than Islamic (as seems to be suggested) I trust we will see the same angry mob outside the local church?

Laughing at the manboy dregs doing a spot of friendly fire is good and all, but this is a reminder that me, a middle-aged white man, isn't going to be worried to walk the streets of Southport (or any other part of the country for that matter) because racist fucknuggets emboldened by their social media echo chambers of filth, might put me or loved ones at risk of serious physical harm or death, and what a privilege that is. Also, what a limiting life to lead, where all you can cling to for meaning and belonging is hate.

I predicted a while ago that once Labour were back in the far-right would start kicking off like in the rest of Europe. I think the reason we didn’t get this sooner was because we had a far-right racist government in power so it was less of a rallying point. Nobody could call them a woke liberal elite. Now they’ve got a target, and the dark money shit will be funnelled here for it. Expect wider more populist stuff like the fuel protests at some point once a suitable cause has been identified, and for the likes of Reform to start organising off the back of it.
It's like the cenotaph nonsense last November never happened. Really easy to predict something would happen when it's never really gone away

Don't be so sure. From some of those videos from Stockport, you'd have to have extremely good aim to even FIND a brain amongst them.

Which is not in any way to underestimate the harm they can cause. But these are the "foot soldiers" - it's the enablers, eminences grises, and cheerleaders who are the root of the problem. I think it's time to stop cutting the likes of Yaxley-Lennon anywhere near as much slack as we seem to be doing at the moment.
It's why I get fed up with people saying 'oh, just ignore Joey Barton/Laurence Fox/whoever'. It's easy to say that but the fact is, these men are doing a lot of damage because they're riling people up and encouraging them to attack people they consider as 'lesser' or the enemy. Barton's rallying call to 'strap your dicks on' and fight back against the woke, feminists etc. They're just as dangerous as the grunts on the street.

Laughing at the manboy dregs doing a spot of friendly fire is good and all, but this is a reminder that me, a middle-aged white man, isn't going to be worried to walk the streets of Southport (or any other part of the country for that matter) because racist fucknuggets emboldened by their social media echo chambers of filth, might put me or loved ones at risk of serious physical harm or death, and what a privilege that is. Also, what a limiting life to lead, where all you can cling to for meaning and belonging is hate.
It's also pretty limiting if you think all your opponent has to offer is hate.

That's what Galloway is going with, blaming everything on the police for not releasing the information. As if the religion or ethnicity of a suspect is a standard piece of information which the public needs to know.
...Galloway is actually taking sides with the thugs attacking the mosque? What the fuck?

It's why I get fed up with people saying 'oh, just ignore Joey Barton/Laurence Fox/whoever'. It's easy to say that but the fact is, these men are doing a lot of damage because they're riling people up and encouraging them to attack people they consider as 'lesser' or the enemy. Barton's rallying call to 'strap your dicks on' and fight back against the woke, feminists etc. They're just as dangerous as the grunts on the street.
You can't block or cancel them on a higher level though. It just proves their point (they're trying to stop me saying the truth!!!) and fuels their audience further.

You did notice that over time more bame (for want of a better term) attended av demos? Or did you think the av 'community' static in its composition?
No, but you can't deny there is an overlap between the far right and antivaxx conspiracy theorists. I mean, look at the Laurence Fox thread. Yes, plenty of POC are antivaxx, there's a lot of distrust in the US towards the medical community by black people because of its history of anti-black racism. It still doesn't change the fact that there is an overlap.

And on a personal note, if you're antivaxx yourself, why do you want to stop people from having vaccinations? Why does your bodily autonomy matter, but not mine? I was in a clinical trial for a jab and I chose to sign up, nobody pointed a gun to my head. Why the fuck would I go to an antivaxx demo anyway? I don't want to be anywhere near that lot, especially given how many conspiracy theorists blame Jews for COVID. We're not THAT powerful.

Last edited:
The timescale here is particularly alarming, as is the scale and the severity of the violence. But obviously that didn't come from nowhere. There are a lot of platforms where people constantly rile themselves up about Muslims, illegal immigrants, asylum seekers; all of whom seem to occupy one single blob in their collective understanding. The boot boys out on the street are a tiny percentage of the total problem.
yep, I see it all over football pages on facebook. the slow drift of people to believing that all these people like them are also anti-muslim, ant-woke etc., our country is under attack. and endless footage of brown/black people committing crimes to share to reinforce a them/us message around race/ethnicity/religion. and of course social media rewards this divisive stuff because it gets comments, so the loop continues.

the football season may help distract them. crazy but maybe some truth.

Ah yes, the silent majority.

I've read a post on Tumblr saying this is happening because the government aren't doing enough to listen to white working-class people, but honestly, if migration were to be stopped tomorrow, every immigrant sent home, would all the men attacking Southport be happy? Or would they take it out on someone else? We've still got people insisting the killer was Muslim.

Back
Top Bottom