Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Nick Knowles ( I know) saying that there are rumours of two stabbed and some others with head injuries after fighting near a Kurdish mosque in Stoke
If the rumours are coming from the video I saw it's just the Far Right saying it themselves, certainly the stabbings bit. Big grain of salt.

Odds-on it won’t be the Kurds who are injured!

So far we have seen a black/Asian kid punched in Hartlepool, a bus with Asian passengers on being attacked in Sunderland, an alleged stabbing in Liverpool and Ubers stopped in various places because the driver isn't white. I have a horrible feeling that at some point someone is going to get badly assaulted which is going to up the tempo even more.

So far we have seen a black/Asian kid punched in Hartlepool, a bus with Asian passengers on being attacked in Sunderland, an alleged stabbing in Liverpool and Ubers stopped in various places because the driver isn't white. I have a horrible feeling that at some point someone is going to get badly assaulted which is going to up the tempo even more.
theres a lot more than that going on im starting to think..

Whilst I don't want to be the word of the oppressor, these things probably happen every day. And Noone cares.

Were interested in the real shit that's going down. The Gammons and the thick turning up to smash places up because they Just Can't Work It Out.

In my tiny town we've had Gay Pride today. I'm not gay. But it was brilliant.

I guess what I'm saying is, just don't be dick (not aimed at you, aimed at general society)

Manchester

Newcastle

Liverpool no doubt have their own fash but I expect some of these have travelled. Same with Blackpool where eye witnesses have said that they crawled off the trains.
FWIW

Guardian reporting no stabbing but one person suffering head injury from “flying object”

tonbirdge.png

Ive been wondering whats happening in the south east....medway towns and so on....essex coast....call outs have been mainly in northern towns but its not like the south is immune from all this

whats upsetting most about this tweet is whereas EDL (and the like) has been around a long time its clearly reaching a new younger audience - of course this tweet is one incident and we know teenage and old boys are lapping up rightwing social media content, the viewing and attitude stats have shown that for a while now

i think youth counterculture is on its arse right now....has been for a few years....thats the only thing in the short-term that can change and challenge these attitudes

View attachment 436417

Ive been wondering whats happening in the south east....medway towns and so on....essex coast....call outs have been mainly in northern towns but its not like the south is immune from all this

whats upsetting most about this tweet is whereas EDL (and the like) has been around a long time its clearly reaching a new younger audience - of course this tweet is one incident and we know teenage and old boys are lapping up rightwing social media content, the viewing and attitude stats have shown that for a while now

i think youth counterculture is on its arse right now....has been for a few years....thats the only thing in the short-term that can change and challenge these attitudes
tonysingh how's things where you are?

The football club is decent but unfortunately has a racist knuckle-dragger fringe in the support, which blew up spectacularly just before Covid, when black players of both teams were subject to racist abuse in a game against Dover.

Hartlepool has improved a lot since the 80s (nice gallery, really good marina / waterfront) but there are some strange characters around. A mixture of the post-industrial decline others have mentioned, robust pro-Brexit English nationalism, US rust belt-style military fetishism, and a parochial suspicion of outsiders in some parts. People there feel misunderstood by outsiders who in turn don’t understand them.

There are great folks there, but unfortunately the knuckle draggers & petty criminals make the headlines.
I feel the same about Hull, where things were also kicking off today - it has a bad rep, it's very pro-Brexit and pro-Reform and...shall we say, not great if you're black/Asian or queer, but my ex-girlfriend and some of my friends are from there. And it has its pretty parts as well as its dodgy parts. (Also, I can recommend the Adelphi as a gig venue, although it's not easy to find.)

Back
Top Bottom