Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

I only saw the e d of it at Blackpool Metropole. A fair few punks there, almost all young, lot of women, some trans people. Of the couple of thousand middle aged punks at nearby Rebellion, very few.

Anti fascists heavily outnumbered in Southampton.

Far right trying to attack a mosque in Stoke and Asian Brit youth allegedly involved in some incidents of retaliation

There's a video about with some Fash woman in Stoke crying because some of their lot got caught out. Won't share because there's no real info in it, but something has obviously happened.

Blackpool policing was a bit odd, though I did come on it late. Loads of cops and vans but main deployment was keeping fash out of a war memorial. Then there was a layer of fash, then us, with no cops in between. Mind, as we know from brick bollocks, fash are not very good at looking behind them...

Just seen on sky news live news feed that two counter protests in Leeds are hurling verbal abuse at each other which has to be the most surreal thing I think have read

I'm not on Silas's side here, but come on. Do you think the presence of a counter protest magically stops them smashing shit up in the area around them?
Going on what I saw in Cardiff earlier this afternoon, I this yes it's definitely a possibility that they will be discouraged from turning up if a fair number of counter protestors are there already. There were 1 or 2 dodgy looking types on the periphery of the rally filming and on their phones lots and in the end a handful of mostly women turned up with 'save our children' t-shirts on. There was zero trouble while I was there and it didn't look like there was going to be any either. They are now planning on having a march from the Central Library to the city hall late tomorrow afternoon.

Just seen on sky news live news feed that two counter protests in Leeds are hurling verbal abuse at each other which has to be the most surreal thing I think have read
I just looked at the Sky news website and it says:
Two group of protesters have begun hurling insults at each in the centre of Leeds this afternoon.

Around 150 people carrying St George's flags shouted "you're not English any more" outside the city's central library and art gallery.

But they were outnumbered by hundreds of counter protesters shouting "Nazi scum off our streets".

Many of this group were waving Palestinian flags and chanting "there are many, many more of us than you".

The two groups were kept about 20 metres apart by barriers with around 20 police officers between.
So I think you've misinterpreted the bit in bold.

Back
Top Bottom