Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

think this something thats been latent and waiting to burst out. the election defeat has put the woke traitors of labour in charge, the world cups over, the weathers sunny - teh stockport atrocity and the inflarotry bullshit on social media kicked it off initially - but theyve left that behind - cos there all these other atrocities commited by muslims and illegals and now they are standing up to take their country back.
Theres no reasonsing or debating with these cunts - their starting point is not deprivation or low wages or not being able to get decent housing or pay the gas bill- their starting point is hate, they dont want certain groups of people in society to exist. Its more to do with deeprooted psycholgical shit thats made them horrible, angry cunts - and policised racism - i.e fascism -- gives them a justification for their anger.

Fuking Mobs attacking places of worship - grim. Bad as its been in my lifetime.
We all of us want certain groups to disappear from society. Maybe you can't reason or debate with these people but that doesn't mean it can't be done - I've seen it done on tr demos. How do you suggest they're dealt with, shot or loaded on barges which are sunk at sea?

having the same conversation this week twice now: i thought we'd left the worst of those times behind, not that it had gone away but that the worst was behind, painful to think open street racism is back on the rise.... that said it is a different time, its not the 70s, its not the 80s, it will play out differently this time.....this lot out this weekend are the dregs, but when you look at the wider forces across europe and what could yet be....heartbreaking
It's a failure of the left, essentially. It's not like we haven't seen it coming.

It used to be organising on the street. That still has its place, but we need to somehow confront the sluice of Internet sewage, presumably bolsterd by bot farms of dubious geopolitical affiliations. Blow the whistle, the dogs respond.

And such a fertile Neoliberalism field to sow the poison onto. Almost as if it could have been predicted :p

how many people are actually out on the streets though - add them all up across this weekend and whats the headcount? Anyone care to take a guess?

It's a failure of the left, essentially. It's not like we haven't seen it coming.

It used to be organising on the street. That still has its place, but we need to somehow confront the sluice of Internet sewage, presumably bolsterd by bot farms of dubious geopolitical affiliations. Blow the whistle, the dogs respond.

And such a fertile Neoliberalism field to sow the poison onto. Almost as if it could have been predicted :p
is it "the lefts" fault that social media has been designed in way where it directs radicalising bullshit staight to the people who are most susectable to being radicalised by it?
is it "the lefts" fault that the bank system went to shit and trust in politicians, media and insitutions of power plunged?"
"The left" does not have the power or infulence to meaningfully challenge or change very much in any meaningful way and hasnt for decades so i dont really get what you expect it can do. (which is really a seperate debate from this thread)

how many people are actually out on the streets though - add them all up across this weekend and whats the headcount? Anyone care to take a guess?

No more than a few thousand so far and a chunk of them I doubt are politically involved. Worse to come i think but they're a tiny minority and will be even smaller when the arrests start racking up.

No more than a few thousand so far and a chunk of them I doubt are politically involved. Worse to come i think but they're a tiny minority and will be even smaller when the arrests start racking up.
i doubt its even 2,000 .... ??

is it "the lefts" fault that social media has been designed in way where it directs radicalising bullshit staight to the people who are most susectable to being radicalised by it?
is it "the lefts" fault that the bank system went to shit and trust in politicians, media and insitutions of power plunged?"
"The left" does not have the power or infulence to meaningfully challenge or change very much in any meaningful way and hasnt for decades so i dont really get what you expect it can do. (which is really a seperate debate from this thread)
Yeah, fair enough. In my mind I defined the 'left as 'us', but I'm a bit addled right now...

think this something thats been latent and waiting to burst out. the election defeat has put the woke traitors of labour in charge, the world cups over, the weathers sunny - teh stockport atrocity and the inflarotry bullshit on social media kicked it off initially - but theyve left that behind - cos there all these other atrocities commited by muslims and illegals and now they are standing up to take their country back.
Theres no reasonsing or debating with these cunts - their starting point is not deprivation or low wages or not being able to get decent housing or pay the gas bill- their starting point is hate, they dont want certain groups of people in society to exist. Its more to do with deeprooted psycholgical shit thats made them horrible, angry cunts - and policised racism - i.e fascism -- gives them a justification for their anger.

Southport

i doubt its even 2,000 .... ??

Few hundred at each event/riot at least, add on the bandwagon jumpers, like the kids looting Vape shops in Sunderland and it's probably past that. The limited numbers need to be a headline though, fuck off the whole 'they're just concerned citizens' narrative. If a non league team can bring out more people for a home game than you can with national promotion then you're done.

Weekend still to come though, so horrible things to come yet.

think this something thats been latent and waiting to burst out. the election defeat has put the woke traitors of labour in charge, the world cups over, the weathers sunny - the southport atrocity and the inflarotry bullshit on social media kicked it off initially - but theyve left that behind - cos there all these other atrocities commited by muslims and illegals and now they are standing up to take their country back.

And if the groups they hated didn't exist, they'd just attack each other instead.

For those of you who lived through the 70s, was it as bad then with the NF?

And if the groups they hated didn't exist, they'd just attack each other instead.

My recollection of those days is tempered by the fact that I was in my teens/very early 20s. I devoted much of my time to playing in a band and that seemed to be all that mattered. We had Rock Against Racism, which my band played a few gigs for. A pointer to the future, perhaps. But I don't remember anything quite as ugly as we're seeing now. But maybe that's just the shock occasioned by my fast approaching seventies and the realisation that we've learned precisely the square root of Sweet F.A.

Ah yes. I was thinking more in terms of equality law in employment really. But yes good point well made (unfortunately).

there's some firms still haven't quite adapted to race equality law yet, but it was fairly new in the mid 70s.

as for race relations then (its bed time so i'm not going to write an essay) but some things to search on -

policing - sus law. special patrol group. swamp 81

culture - black + white minstrels. jim davidson. bernard manning

council housing unofficial segregation policies

norman tebbit's cricket test

national front 'anti mugging' marches and counter protests at wood green and lewisham, 1977

albany arts centre and moonshot youth club arson in deptford

there's some firms still haven't quite adapted to race equality law yet, but it was fairly new in the mid 70s.

as for race relations then (its bed time so i'm not going to write an essay) but some things to search on -

policing - sus law. special patrol group. swamp 81

culture - black + white minstrels. jim davidson. bernard manning

council housing unofficial segregation policies

norman tebbit's cricket test

national front 'anti mugging' marches and counter protests at wood green and lewisham, 1977

albany arts centre and moonshot youth club arson in deptford
thanks I'll have a look in the morgen

I think that letting fascists roam the streets unopposed will make the streets far less safe. And leaving the police to deal with fascists on their own is not going to resolve the issue as anyone who remembers the last few years - or eg cable street - will know

I think someone said elsewhere, as important as Cable Street was, it was the follow up that made such a difference. That is the community connecting to deal with such problems as slum housing and worklessness. It was quite a turn around for London's east end in the end because people felt they were listened to and the result was a surge in communist politics and support.

It’s a shame these tracksuit wearing dog fucking degenerates are allowed so much attention. And discourse explain their supposed disgruntlement.

It’s a shame these tracksuit wearing dog fucking degenerates are allowed so much attention. And discourse explain their supposed disgruntlement.
I know but there's the core, unreachable. And the disgruntled as you say. Anyway that's history as far as I can tell.

I was 16 when the 1970s ended, so my experience is limited. But we'd just come out of a period of industrial unrest that provided an education for class conscious militants who may or may not have identified with the organised left.

Industry was what cities and major towns were still identfied with, and a mass 'blue collar' workforce still existed, providing that significant minority of class conscious militants, both young and older, who could be more or less relied upon when necessary. There was also a living memory of WW2, and, to a lesser extent, the Spanish civil war. It was easier for the far-left to attract people like me,, vaguely angry about what was obviously going to come under Thatcher, and filled with hatred for what the fascists stood for (the Clash and much of the other music of the time helped.) It was easier to simply represent the threat from the far right as a revival of Nazism/ 1930s fascism, and so the likes of the NF met with stiff opposition, including from non-organised working class people The handful of AFA types still posting on here can tell you how the fight continued after the NF imploded and tried to regroup.

The class conscious militants that existed then are now largely absent, due to the deindustrialisation of the country, and the abject/divided of state former industrial towns and cities, with their deliberately de-politicised working class populations. Some unions and their best militants still give it a go, but economic and social conditiosn are not the same. Political consciousness, alongside class consciousness, has plummeted, and the rise of social media, as we're seeing, mainly aids the racist right.

The serious answer is why would they shift their focus? They want to attack Muslims, it's their wedge issue. It's what this version of the right does.
Attacking Islam is their gateway, due to the widespread animosity towards militant Islam, to their wider racist agenda, and has been fot the best part of 30 years. Pro-Zionist, and even pro-Jewish fascism would be an amusing sight if not so tragic.

I was 16 when the 1970s ended, so my experience is limited. But we'd just come out of a period of industrial unrest that provided an education for class conscious militants who may or may not have identified with the organised left.

Industry was what cities and major towns were still identfied with, and a mass 'blue collar' workforce still existed, providing that significant minority of class conscious militants, both young and older, who could be more or less relied upon when necessary. There was also a living memory of WW2, and, to a lesser extent, the Spanish civil war. It was easier for the far-left to attract people like me,, vaguely angry about what was obviously going to come under Thatcher, and filled with hatred for what the fascists stood for (the Clash and much of the other music of the time helped.) It was easier to simply represent the threat from the far right as a revival of Nazism/ 1930s fascism, and so the likes of the NF met with stiff opposition, including from non-organised working class people The handful of AFA types still posting on here can tell you how the fight continued after the NF imploded and tried to regroup.

The class conscious militants that existed then are now largely absent, due to the deindustrialisation of the country, and the abject/divided of state former industrial towns and cities, with their deliberately de-politicised working class populations. Some unions and their best militants still give it a go, but economic and social conditiosn are not the same. Political consciousness, alongside class consciousness, has plummeted, and the rise of social media, as we're seeing, mainly aids the racist right.

Good post. I do agree with your analysis and the points raised, but you are too kind to the left. In my experience, albeit from the 90’s rather than the 70’s, it has actively contributed to its own irrelevance.

Its class composition, poor (abysmal) leadership, innate sectarianism, its conscious retreat away from the class and towards identity politics and it’s refusal to do the hard work has sealed its fate as much as what the state and the opposition has been able to achieve.

With a few notable exceptions - RA/AFA/IWCA, some of the anarchists, the Militant for a very short period - the inability of the left to adapt, to engage properly, to build credibility and effectively respond is a damning fact.

I don’t want to derail the thread - a conversation about ‘where now’ rather than ‘how have we got here’ is obviously more important. But the old adage about those not learning from history being doomed to repeat it does apply…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom