Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

... why do these people deserve a speedy trial but the people protesting against the public order bill in bristol didn't?

Because the motivation for the speed of justice was different.

The reason these people have been dealt with so quickly is an attempt to forestall more mass violence against the police and minorities. And it has worked. That need was absent in the case of Bristol.

Because the motivation for the speed of justice was different.

The reason these people have been dealt with so quickly is an attempt to forestall more mass violence against the police and minorities. That need was absent in the case of Bristol.
no, the reason these people have been dealt with so quickly is because shammer has been shitting his pants about how all this looks

One thousand arrests and 400 court appearances in ten days also makes a mockery out of the silly claims we had from some on here in the early days that "the fash" would be treated more leniently than leftie protestors.
It really doesn't, no one claimed they would be slow or that people would not get sent down, just that the sentences would be light compared to things like Just stop oil. And while I guess it is hard to prove one way or the other that does in fact seem to be the case.

It's possible the more serious cases with longer sentences haven't hit the courts yet, let's see.

She had I think six previous convictions including for violence, posted shit on social media before attending and has also been an organiser for anti-Muslim fash stuff in the past. Plus racially abused a copper after arrest and made a preposterous claim in her defence in court that ‘black’ referred to his uniform not his skin colour. So not just sentenced for shoving a bin (there were several bins, and I think she was also gathering bricks & rubble for others to throw).
Oh, she was the 'I meant his uniform when I called him a black cunt' woman?

ETA: someone's already replied.

Starmer, when he was the DPP, prioritised rapid prosecutions after the 2011 riots, and it seemed to have work then, that's the reason it's being done again.
Incidently I don't buy that rapid prosecution did much in either case, these things burn themselves out pretty quick anyway. Corelation is not causation as we all know.

Kenan Malik is a thick cunt who spouts the same reactionary shit he did when defending racists on behalf of the RCP.

Tbh this is a poor sticking plaster over a gaping wound and the racism of his administration may not see pogroms immediately continue but will have dire consequences for both people and economy

The less spectacular grind of diffuse aggression most likely to be happening now the rioting door has closed won't really see cops involving themselves (if they even hear about it). All backed by an administration that's only really interested in the appearance of broad stability and not at all, as you say, in countering the underlying racism itself.

Justice doesn't have to be done. It just has to be seen to be done
Hence also those two Asian lads getting sent down in Leeds for assaulting a group that racially abused them after the protest, that will be to deflect claims of two-tier justice from the far right.

Hence also those two Asian lads getting sent down in Leeds for assaulting a group that racially abused them after the protest, that will be to deflect claims of two-tier justice from the far right.

No doubt there's an element of that but whilst the violence has been overwhelmingly coming from the racists, it hasn't been 100% one-way. There were reports of supposed "defenders" of a mosque going on to attack a pub, and there can be little doubt that there'll be at least some 'non-self defence' violence perpetrated by the other side.

They need to get fucked too.

No doubt there's an element of that but whilst the violence has been overwhelmingly coming from the racists, it hasn't been 100% one-way. There were reports of supposed "defenders" of a mosque going on to attack a pub, and there can be little doubt that there'll be at least some 'non-self defence' violence perpetrated by the other side.

They need to get fucked too.
At moments of high tension it doesn't help that so many racist twats drape themselves in the Union Jack and the flag of St. George. Reform UK, the Tories, the establishment and now Labour do the same. It doesn't justify that attack, but it puts it in a context, an explanatory context.

I do too, but I don’t think it’s opposed to what Olusoga says there. The two views are easily complimentary. There’s a lot of value in the books of Olusoga’s that I’ve read. I rate him.
Olusofa did manage to shoehorn a mention of Brexit into his article, which was probably stipulated in his contract. Though tbf that did play a part, the ads implying forty million Turks (by implication Islamic) were going to flood our shores was prominent in that.

Olusofa did manage to shoehorn a mention of Brexit into his article, which was probably stipulated in his contract. Though tbf that did play a part, the ads implying forty million Turks (by implication Islamic) were going to flood our shores was prominent in that.
Yeah, I didn’t read the whole article tbf. Just the passage that was quoted. That was lazy of me.

It really doesn't, no one claimed they would be slow or that people would not get sent down, just that the sentences would be light compared to things like Just stop oil. And while I guess it is hard to prove one way or the other that does in fact seem to be the case.

It's possible the more serious cases with longer sentences haven't hit the courts yet, let's see.

I thought I heard that more serious charges were being planned, and this has popped-up.

Violent rioters could face up to 10 years in jail, top prosecutor warns​

The director of public prosecutions has reportedly warned that the worst offending protesters could face up to 10 years in prison if they are charged with rioting.
Stephen Parkinson, head of the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), said hundreds of violent rioters will continue appearing in courts across the country in the coming days, the Sunday Times said.
Mr Parkinson reportedly told of a “new phase” of cases which will include “more serious charges with stiffer penalties”.
Many charged so far have been prosecuted for violent disorder, which carries a maximum sentence of five years. LINK

Back
Top Bottom