Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Far-right response to Southport Outrage And Ongoing Violent Disorder

Please ffs, some of us are checking here for important updates in case things kick off

just start a pm group where you can do your jokes, willy waving and put downs at each other all day long

Agreed, yesterday it was in-fighting, today cop bashing and in-fighting. Its making the discussion impossible to follow for those of us who are interested in following the riots, counter demos and civil rights.

How odd. His football casual chums were treating the whole thing as a football match. Embery won't be happy until all people of colour are either expelled from this country or killed.
View attachment 437321
Fuck off, Paul. You're the same guy who defended Millwall fans booing players taking the knee, and you're a misogynistic homophobic POS to boot. Like you would have cared if a white man had knifed those girls.

He's another one who thinks all white working-class people are as bigoted as he is. And that POC can't be working-class. Also, fuck Spiked. For all they claim to care about women, they basically acted like the women behind #MeToo were spoiled whining bitches. I'm surprised they haven't got Joey Barton writing for them these days, he's on the same wavelength as Embery, except he's more open about his misogyny and doesn't try to dress it up in class politics.

Fuck off, Paul. You're the same guy who defended Millwall fans booing players taking the knee, and you're a misogynistic homophobic POS to boot. Like you would have cared if a white man had knifed those girls.

He's another one who thinks all white working-class people are as bigoted as he is. And that POC can't be working-class. Also, fuck Spiked. For all they claim to care about women, they basically acted like the women behind #MeToo were spoiled whining bitches. I'm surprised they haven't got Joey Barton writing for them these days, he's on the same wavelength as Embery, except he's more open about his misogyny and doesn't try to dress it up in class politics.
Embery believes (as opposed to thinks) that nothing should change; this is evinced by his use of the word "traditional" to preface "working class". Change is inevitable; it's a constant. He'd fucking hate Heraclitus if he were alive today.

Just catching up with thread. That 69-year-old was carrying and makeshift weapon too according to report I heard. also told the police get off me I’m English. :facepalm:

Building a case is what it’s called. The police will register/note anything at all they can enhance a charge with.

“Makeshift weapon” sounds better than bit of 2x4 he picked up to chuck at coppers

I watched the summing up and apparently it was a wooden cosh. Proper old school.

"I went drunkenly race-rioting and all I got was this lousy grey sweatshirt, 2 years 8 months stir and my regretful face immortalised in a courtroom sketch"

Screenshot_20240809-124321.png

BBC :Judge Guy Kearl KC has just started delivering his remarks. We'll be bringing you live updates and you can follow the sentencing at the top of the page by clicking the watch live button

That's new innit?

BBC News - Riots and disorder in the UK: Four men being sentenced in Leeds over roles in recent disorder
Riots and disorder in the UK: Four men being sentenced in Leeds over roles in recent disorder - BBC News
Two thugs who clashed with “EDL” far-right protestors in Leeds city centre at the weekend, kicking and punching them to the ground, have both been jailed.
Sameer Ali and Adnan Ghafoor appeared at Leeds Crown Court this morning after they were part of a 17-strong gang that attacked a small group of males draped in Union Jack flags.
Ali was jailed for 20 months with Ghafoor receiving 30 months.

By the by, thinking about places like Newcastle, tomorrow, where there's both Fash and counter demo, have we had police requests for the counter demo to stay at home?

Don't mean I'm waiting to hear their advice personally. ;) Just interested whether the police might actually want a big counter demo. Usually they wouldn't, the last thing they'd want is massed crowds, with pitched battles flaring up in crowded streets. But as with Bristol, large numbers of anti fash turning up ultimately made their job easier.

I guess I know what image his grandkids are going to upload to Moonpig when they're sorting out his 70th birthday card
Whoever does his funeral oration might have to skip over a particular 2 year period.

Actually, no, the judge said he was 'of good character' so that's okay. Hang on.... no.... 'of otherwise of good character'.

That's new innit?

Don't think this is the first time it's been done but yes pretty new.

I don't see the need for it at all. Sentencing remarks should be on the record for anyone who wants to read them but watching it live? Why? It feels like a step closer to televised trials, which are a horrible idea.

Back
Top Bottom