Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see the wildcard being played, 83 rd out of 93 * sad face *

I used my first wildcard on weeks 2 or 3 for the past 5 seasons! And usually did not regret it. This season barring injuries etc I think I have avoided the need to use it so early, but maybe I'm speaking too soon about that.

I wouldnt worry about overall and league ranks after one week, because at this stage things could be completely flipped around by the end of week 2. So I'd base wildcard decisions on the state of my team and how unhappy it makes me, along with price changes happening that could lock me out of an alternative team plan if I wait too long. rather than what they scored in week 1.

Can see the wildcard being played, 83 rd out of 93 * sad face *
I wouldnt worry about overall and league ranks after one week, because at this stage things could be completely flipped around by the end of week 2. So I'd base wildcard decisions on the state of my team and how unhappy it makes me, along with price changes happening that could lock me out of an alternative team plan if I wait too long. rather than what they scored in week 1.
Yeah, I was thinking similar.

Obviously know it's different being the one having had a bad week, but seemed to be generally agreed that GW1 was quite an outlier in terms of so many of the big names getting returns, resulting in some big hauls for a lot of managers.

That sort of thing likely won't happen again, and while it's still a challenge to make up the difference, it doesn't necessarily require a complete overhaul of a team (though conscious I don't know what your team looks like!).

Can totally understand the impulse to want to change it up, lord knows I've been there, but at the very least I'd suggest waiting for a couple more gameweeks to see how things develop and get a bit more info on form and trends, etc.

Hell, by GW3 it could be the rest of us looking at the wildcard :D

Barring dramatic incident, I've made a starting/bench swap in defence but that's all I've got to do this week.

I'm kind of struggling to deal with not having anything to do :oops: :D

I've swapped out Targett for Coleman, possibly a couple of weeks early, but Villa have a nasty run coming up and Everton have the opposite.
Other than that it's time to stick Lukaku up front and try and second-guess whether Pep will risk Gundogan who has a vaguely injured shoulder

I spent 4 points making risky transfers because I dont want to get left behind by price rises at this stage of the season. Old habits die hard. On this occasion I nearly avoided feeling the need to take this approach, except there was an Antonio-shaped hole in my team.

I am ready for a weekend of regrets!

When I say risky transfers, the risk was only in who I sold to fund that Antonio move - temporarily going without Trent Alexander-Arnold!!!

The two I'm probably most frustrated about not being able to fit in my team are currently Greenwood and DCL. Just can't work out a way to either without sacrificing one of my premium players.

I spent 4 points making risky transfers because I dont want to get left behind by price rises at this stage of the season. Old habits die hard. On this occasion I nearly avoided feeling the need to take this approach, except there was an Antonio-shaped hole in my team.

I am ready for a weekend of regrets!

Honestly a little surprised at just how popular Antonio is proving as a buy this week, particularly after he missed a penalty in the last game which might suggest he gets taken off them.

Honestly a little surprised at just how popular Antonio is proving as a buy this week, particularly after he missed a penalty in the last game which might suggest he gets taken off them.

That just means he could have gotten even more points last week, especially as he missed a great chance as well.

I've no concerns about owning him unless it becomes clear that their european campaign is taking too much of a toll on the team. He is a fantasy points machine when fit.

Hmm, is Luke Shaw actually rubbish? Will Maddison play? I only wanna make one transfer this week if possible, will suck up losing points, cos this is the one week in five where my teams' fixtures arent that great.

btw anyone want a months sub to The Athletic? I have a freebie trial going at the mo

That just means he could have gotten even more points last week, especially as he missed a great chance as well.

I've no concerns about owning him unless it becomes clear that their european campaign is taking too much of a toll on the team. He is a fantasy points machine when fit.
have him now before his hamstrings go as he runs 40 yards down the wing in Lodz or somewhere.

Aye, it means he could have got more points last week, but if Moyes decides to give someone else penalty duty off the back of that miss, it could reduce his points potential in future weeks.

I get why he's popular generally, I've got him in my squad, I was just surprised that he's where the price rise has been over some of the other players who got good points returns last week and didn't miss a penalty.

Aye, it means he could have got more points last week, but if Moyes decides to give someone else penalty duty off the back of that miss, it could reduce his points potential in future weeks.

I get why he's popular generally, I've got him in my squad, I was just surprised that he's where the price rise has been over some of the other players who got good points returns last week and didn't miss a penalty.
He never normally takes penalties. He only did it to equal Di Canio"s goal record.

Tbf everybody else is just as bad at them apart from Noble, so he might carry on. But I think it's Rice normally.

Bissouma on my bench too. Salah captained, goal ruled out. Poor, poor week.
Same for me with Salah.
I put Digne in instead of Raphinha.

I have Toney up front, I might keep him for the next 3 and see if he can produce, I feel it's just a matter of time with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom