Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now find myself hoping that Salah flops this season so I can free up budget by getting rid of him. A role I was originally thinking Fernandes might offer me.

I now find myself hoping that Salah flops this season so I can free up budget by getting rid of him. A role I was originally thinking Fernandes might offer me.
And one I employed! I couldn't fit Salah, Son AND Fernandes in so to avoid having to be pleased about Manchester United goals I booted him.

I'm really hoping Salah doesn't, to justify me captaining him rather than Fernandes!

But aye, I do know what you mean; as I said earlier, my current squad is kind of restrictive in many ways.

I'm really hoping Salah doesn't, to justify me captaining him rather than Fernandes!
Exactly! I didn't pick him last year for the first time since he joined, and he scored an opening-day hat trick :D
Not quite up there with the morning I transferred out Berbatov only for him to score 5 that afternoon, but still

And one I employed! I couldn't fit Salah, Son AND Fernandes in so to avoid having to be pleased about Manchester United goals I booted him.
If Fernandes hadnt played at the very end of pre-season and scored a lovely goal then I would have been starting without him today. I place way too much emphasis on pre-season but it and the fixtures list are all I've got to help with decisions at the start, so I go with it. Plus random personal feelings about particular players and teams.

And yes when I was expressing a desire for Salah to flop, I'd rather that only apply once this week is out of the way :D

If I find myself with a desperate need for 0.5 or 1.0 money to use elsewhere when this week ends, Shaw and his single point might get the premature chop from my team. I wonder how quickly prices will change at the start of this season. Shaws ridiculous ownership probably makes him vulnerable to swift drops if momentum turns against him.

Pre-season also helped me avoid starting with Leeds players. I may as well continue to review where pre-season has helped or hindered my choices for this first gameweek.

If Everton do well today then this will be an example of pre-season sending me the wrong signal.

In terms of 3pm starting lineup new of note, I see that Havertz is on the bench, Bertrand is missing, Watkins didnt make it. Calvert-Lewin did make it back for Everton, as did Richarlison.

In terms of 3pm starting lineup new of note, I see that Havertz is on the bench, Bertrand is missing, Watkins didnt make it. Calvert-Lewin did make it back for Everton, as did Richarlison.
I reaaaaally wanted to stick with Calvert-Lewin, but he also fell to my costly midfield. Still thinking about how I might engineer a route to him at some point, though.

Ah I see Bertrand is missing due to testing positive for Covid. I nearly had him in my team. Livramento starts for Southampton, I could have put four 4.0 defenders in my team :D

Ooh the leagues are updated quite often now, dont have to wait till the end of all matches on that day before the scores there update.

Ooh the leagues are updated quite often now, dont have to wait till the end of all matches on that day before the scores there update.

Whci also means the same can be said for overall rank, gameweek rank, average score. Still have to wait for bonus points.

I benched Pinnock cos I thought Arsenal would score, 11 points missed unless Cresswell and Watkins don't play.

I benched Pinnock cos I thought Arsenal would score, 11 points missed unless Cresswell and Watkins don't play.

Well you got half way there via Watkins not playing, but Cresswell being absent will require quite some luck.

Well you got half way there via Watkins not playing, but Cresswell being absent will require quite some luck.
Not sure why but I thought Villa were playing tomorrow. I have Pinnock as 2nd sub, ffs. I'll get 2 points for Bissouma.

A god looking week, but almost everyone had a good week so its only decent. My main hope for tomorrow is Manquillo not getting a minute so Ayling comes in, and so he wont lose points when Antonio scores.

Not long till I get to find out whether having Benrahma can possibly cover me against not having Antonio.

Guy in my league has already played his TC, which seems naïve but tbf Salah's probably got him more points than a lot of other TC attempts will manage this season! :D

He does also have Lukaku, though... :hmm: :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom