Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have a harsh opening schedule, but it means ensuring you have the money to play with from week 7.

I am at my annual ‘I refuse to pick anyone from manure, but…’ stage

Fernandes and Shaw are too tempting, and good to sell after week 6.

hmm.

how many of my 15 will, by the end of the weekend have

a) got a transfer out of the english game

b) fallen out with their manager and be training with the reserves

c) be self isolating with covid symptoms / contact

d) got injured in the warm-up

e) any combination of the above

:p

Initially just went for the auto team , but the last 2 days have seen some extensive tinkering .

Chelsea have a harsh opening schedule, but it means ensuring you have the money to play with from week 7.

I am at my annual ‘I refuse to pick anyone from manure, but…’ stage

Fernandes and Shaw are too tempting, and good to sell after week 6.
Tuchel said that he didn't think the whole squad would be match fit and match ready until after the international break.

Not 100% convinced with my squad but not making any changes just yet. Still cant stop picking as many ex Celtic players as i can.

Eta Saying that ive just made one wee quick sub, funnily enough for a player Celtic should have signed the other season.

Last edited:
Anyone got the new league code for me? I thought I was in the right one, but in the old one still. Have messaged LC but he might not see this in time!

This one I think? Fez909
Thats the head to head league for this season. And that is the one that people who want to take part in it really need to get into in time for this week, time is running out!

But there is also a new 3rd league this season, as we experiment to see how many active players we'e really got, compared to the other league which has rather a lot of players including some we arent sure are really part of the u75 community. The code for that 3rd league isnt public.

There are only 13 players in this new league at the time of me writing this. But since this isnt a head to head league, I dont think it matters if people are late joining it, they dont have to get into it for gameweek 1 in order to compete with everyone else in that league on an equal footing later. So as far as I know should Fez909 fail to see the code starfish has sent to him in time, he will still be able to get in on the action with that new league.

I'll actually be quite interested to see how much more we can grow that league even once the season has gotten started.

Thats the head to head league for this season. And that is the one that people who want to take part in it really need to get into in time for this week.

Thee is a new 3rd league this season, as we experiment to see how many active players we'e really got, compared to the other league which has rather a lot of players including some we arent sure are really part of the u75 community. The code for that 3rd league isnt public.

There are only 13 players in this new league at the time of me writing this. But since this isnt a head to head league, I dont think it matters if people are late joining it, they dont have to get into it for gameweek 1 in order to compete with everyone else in that league on an equal footing later. So as far as I know should Fez909 fail to see the code starfish has sent to him in time, he will still be able to get in on the action with that new league.

I'll actually be quite interested to see how much more we can grow that league even once the season has gotten started.
I haven't got the code for this other league. I'm happy to sit out though. I'm in the bigger league I think.

I've made 2 changes from that team I posted the other day, I've stretched the budget even more by going for Son instead of Mahrez. So the comedy bench remains in place, and its become even less viable since Omobamidele has tonsillitis.

Whatever happens to my gameweek, at least I'll always be able to remember the start of this season because of my stupid approach to the bench.

I haven't got the code for this other league. I'm happy to sit out though. I'm in the bigger league I think.
Like I was saying I think you can hop on board any time if you like. I dont think any less of the original big league, I just see this additional league as an extra bonus competition and one where I'm more likely to be able to talk to all the people involved here on this forum these days.

Like I was saying I think you can hop on board any time if you like. I dont think any less of the original big league, I just see this additional league as an extra bonus competition and one where I'm more likely to be able to talk to all the people involved here on this forum these days.
What's the code? Sorry I am being a bit slow I think. :)

The worst thing about doing a huge amount of tinkering before the season starts is that the list of players 'we nearly had' can grow very long, inviting us to complain about our own decisions should any of those players haul big this week.

For me this season the most notable people on this list look like ending up as Mahrez, Jota, Digne, Antonio, Raphinha, Harrison, Watkins (due to injury doubt), and if I go even further back into early pre-season tinkerings, DCL. Anyway I should probably stop talking and have a final check of my team since the deadline is just minutes away.

What's the code? Sorry I am being a bit slow I think. :)
We arent sharing it in public forum messages because it seems like random people go searching the interweb for league codes. So someone has to PM it to you. Sorry that I havent done this, running out of minutes and spent too long talking here, oops!

We arent sharing it in public forum messages because it seems like random people go searching the interweb for league codes. So someone has to PM it to you. Sorry that I havent done this, running out of minutes and spent too long talking here, oops!
No worries I'm sure someone will be along :)

I kept Harrison he was immense at the end of last year.

No worries I'm sure someone will be along :)

I kept Harrison he was immense at the end of last year.
Yeah I really wanted Harrison at that point, but a friend I was having a nice scrap with in another league got him first. And then they had an accident where they forgot to finish their team before the deadline one week. And due to subbing their previous captain during the brief tinkering they did get round to, Harrison ended up randomly getting their captains armband that week. And then he hauled and they ended up with more points in total that week than most of us. At that point I thought I'd be nice and let them keep Harrison as their special diffeerntial when they were trying to catch me before the end of the season. Maybe if it was me doing the chasing I wouldnt have been so nice.

I think Harrison got the same number of points as TAA last season! And he was such a nice price at the time.

Ended up making a last minute switch from Greenwood to Fernandes (at the expense of Coufal and Raphinha too); reeeeaaaally not confident about that and not particularly keen on making such a 'covering' move, but we'll see... :hmm:

Mantra time...marathon not a sprint

I swapped out Watkins for Antonio quite late on as we can't be sure if Villa will play him with Ings. Villa have a good start but Antonio is fit right now so am risking it. Lukaku isn't playing this week so I'm playing 4-4-2 rather than 3-4-3. Hoping for Salah goals this evening against Norwich.

Mantra time...marathon not a sprint

I swapped out Watkins for Antonio quite late on as we can't be sure if Villa will play him with Ings. Villa have a good start but Antonio is fit right now so am risking it. Lukaku isn't playing this week so I'm playing 4-4-2 rather than 3-4-3. Hoping for Salah goals this evening against Norwich.
Aye, I never really considered Watkins for very long, and even less so once Ings joined. Also on the Antonio train, and will probably be playing 4-4-2 for a while.

Fernandes just scored, so that's good, but having him, Salah and Son really leaves my squad far less versatile than I generally like.

As you say, marathon not a sprint... :hmm:

Ayling didn't get an attacking return last season, but just scored a bloody belter :eek:

Sitting on my bench :facepalm: :D "Ayling's against Utd while White is against Brentford", thought muggins 'ere :rolleyes: ;)

E2A: Aaaaand now bloody Greenwood has scored! :facepalm: :D He really does look bloody brilliant, with a scary accurate shot. I may have to do some serious thinking about how to get him in my team...

This season could be a cracker. Good thing I didnt go for the no Fernandes option. Brentford were fun to watch too. I probably would have stuck with Watkins rather than Ings if Watkins hadnt had some late pre-season injury concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom