Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2023-24

Tbh I find this stage of the season when everybody has the same players to be a bit pointless. Maybe we should just call it quits and work out the final standings now?

Moral victory and so forth and so on?
It varies per season as to how bad that is. This season theres a core of 4-7 players that most people have, which does make it a good deal less exciting.

But its also now the chip strategy/blanks/doubles part of the season that increases the potential for lots of variation between teams in the weeks ahead.

It varies per season as to how bad that is. This season theres a core of 4-7 players that most people have, which does make it a good deal less exciting.

But its also now the chip strategy/blanks/doubles part of the season that increases the potential for lots of variation between teams in the weeks ahead.
Plus if you've already played your free hit, then GW29 is going to be tricky for you.

this weeks looks like it's going to be a but :facepalm:

16 points on the bench so far.

and next week looks like free hit time - i've got 6 players (2 of them goalkeepers) for next week's game...

Triple captained Solanke this week. Jesus
well, it didn't work out too badly for you, in the end. I only captained him. As a Sheffielder I'm glad he missed that pen. As an FPL player, I'm fucking furious.

Last edited:
well, it didn't work out too badly for you, in the end. I only captained him. As a Sheffielder I'm glad he missed that pen. As an FPL player, I'm fucking furious.
Mate, he scored 6 points over two games. Missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed. Triple captain is truly the Prince Andrew of the boost buttons.

Hang on though, what does that make Bench Boost? Prince Edward? The Duchess of Kent?

I've confused myself.

I can feel a :facepalm: coming on.

i did the 'free hit' thing.

not quite what i expected from any of today's matches (with the possible exception of luton)

hoping for a high scoring match tomorrow...

It just adds to the legend of what a fooked up fantasy season this has been.

At least I brought in Muniz on my free hit.

meh.

21 points this week (and 11 points from one player on the sodding bench) unless there's bonus points to come.

only consolation is that my H2H opponent only had 8 players in action and seems to have done even worse...

21 points from my starting 11. My goalie on 3 was the highest scoring player. Meanwhile, on my bench...

1710697854053.png

Possibly the worst playing of the wild card in recorded history :snarl: I should have gone for a free hit.

22 after a -4, no FH.

When Reguilon was sent off I thought my week was doomed, instead a GW rank of 792k and I am back in the top 1m after a torrid run with failed WC and TC.

Somebody in a group I am in scored 25 points with what they thought was there FH team. They then realised they had forgotten to actually flick the FH switch, ended up on -23 for the week.

Before this season started there was online chatter about a new version of the game. But it never happened back then. But now it has.

I havent looked into this new 'Fantasy Challenge' game properly myself yet, but here is the first video I randomly found about it that seems clear enough. Some aspects seem quite entertaining. More thoughts later once I've let all the info sink in.

Back
Top Bottom