Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The League One Thread 2023-24

For Reading mathematical safety is still a few points away, but I'm relaxed after tonight's win.

In other news, Millwall's defeat of Leicester means our 106 point record is safe for another season, so all is good.
and breath.

We are now mathematically safe after a good point today, away at play-off candidates Barnsley.

Mathematical safety isn't immediately obvious from the table, but Cheltenham and Burton play each other next Tuesday, so they can't both overtake us.

Unless we get another points deduction.

Hopefully, the current owner will be out by next season.

hmm

positives - didn't lose, so a long unbeaten streak. version of charlton from earlier this season would have lost that. now safe from relegation.

otherwise, meh

and breath.

We are now mathematically safe after a good point today, away at play-off candidates Barnsley.

Mathematical safety isn't immediately obvious from the table, but Cheltenham and Burton play each other next Tuesday, so they can't both overtake us.

Unless we get another points deduction.

Hopefully, the current owner will be out by next season.
There's still that suspended two points deduction from the Port Vale game..... so mathematically safe unless there's a celebratory pitch invasion.....

Be interesting to see how Stevenage do now Steve Evans has suddenly decamped back to Rotherham.

I’m not a fan of his shithouse football, but have developed a grudging respect for what he usually achieves in the lower leagues. As an Orient fan it was his Millers side that was responsible for one of my most miserable matchdays: watching us throw away a 2-0 half-time lead in the FL1 playoff final before losing on penalties 10 years ago. Yo-yo Rotherham will be a threat next season, no doubt.

Not really a football fan, anyway today I am going to follow the last day of league one via the radio this afternoon while working as my best mate is at Exeter v Oxford (in a box the jammy twat!) with his dad and brother, supporting Oxford, who have a chance of getting in the playoffs if things go their way

If they get promoted to the championship he will be stoked, I have asked him if he will recreate this famous picture from the Manor ground in the 1990s, apparently the last time they were in the championship, he reckons he is in the picture somewhere

IMG_0940.jpeg

overall, meh.

charlton's lowest league position for 98 years.

although probably fair to say that a local derby next season with bromley would have been likely if there hadn't been a second change of manager this year.

hmm.

overall, meh.

charlton's lowest league position for 98 years.

although probably fair to say that a local derby next season with bromley would have been likely if there hadn't been a second change of manager this year.

hmm.
Agreed. I expect Appleton will end up getting another club somehow.

My best mate is off to Wembley today to see Oxford play Bolton in the playoff final. Going with his dad, brother, sister, nieces and nephews. He is gutted his little boy is just a bit too young to go! He has squeezed into his shirt from the 90s which is impressive

Hopefully they have a great day out :)

new season thread launched

Back
Top Bottom