Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The championship thread 2023/24

That Longman goal was a beauty tbf. Also, what was going on with Sunderland and Leeds? I dislike Leeds but that was shitty reffing, the guy quite clearly touched it and they were shafted out of a penalty.

I'd have taken a point before the game against a team that look like they're going to be in the play offs.

This Saturday is the shit or bust game - Stoke at home. Must win. And, typically, my other half arranged a visit to some friends for the weekend ages ago so I can't be there. :(

I'd have taken a point before the game against a team that look like they're going to be in the play offs.

This Saturday is the shit or bust game - Stoke at home. Must win. And, typically, my other half arranged a visit to some friends for the weekend ages ago so I can't be there. :(
who we talking about?

I have a horrible feeling about it. But then I have a horrible feeling about all our fixtures. At least none of them are Coventry, I swear that lot are our bogey team this season.

Röhl looked like he'd been through the wringer in his post-match interview. I bet if we go down that knob Chansiri will get rid of him and replace him with Allardyce or someone equally dreadful.

Thank you Aynsley Pears! What a fantastic atmosphere in the away end today as well - the noise when the second one went in was immense.

Out of the bottom three for the first time since August. In our own hands now as well.

Come on Wednesday!

Pears' failtastic goalkeeping did us a huge favour, not that Wednesday were rubbish, and that first goal from Windass was a worldie, but still. And yes, the away fans were as loud as the Blackburn fans! Of course two of our players had to get injured because nothing is ever easy for us.

We're not out of the woods by a long shot and West Brom are going to be tough, but I am so glad that we're FINALLY out of the bottom three.

Now the euphoria of Sunday has worn off a bit, I'm thinking it’s still going to be tough. Birmingham and Huddersfield play each other on Saturday and if Birmingham win that we’re going to need 4 points probably.

Still makes it all exciting. Going down to the last game whatever happens on Sunday

Now the euphoria of Sunday has worn off a bit, I'm thinking it’s still going to be tough. Birmingham and Huddersfield play each other on Saturday and if Birmingham win that we’re going to need 4 points probably.

Still makes it all exciting. Going down to the last game whatever happens on Sunday
The last game being against Ipswich!

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNN.

If we go down, I hope to fuck we keep Röhl but knowing Chansiri, he'll bin him off and replace him with Allardyce or some other vile old fart.

So it comes down to the final game of the season for several teams at the top and bottom ends of the table. The proverbial squeaky bum time.

It would be a very Wednesday-esque thing to stuff it up now after having caught up from 10 points behind at Christmas.

Going to be nerve wracking - and my daughter's 15th birthday tomorrow as well so I hope it goes alright for the sake of household bonhomie

Crazy last day down the botttom. Been a strangely enjoyable season despite our position. I don’t mind a relegation battle as long as there’s some fight

So it comes down to the final game of the season for several teams at the top and bottom ends of the table. The proverbial squeaky bum time.

It would be a very Wednesday-esque thing to stuff it up now after having caught up from 10 points behind at Christmas.

Going to be nerve wracking - and my daughter's 15th birthday tomorrow as well so I hope it goes alright for the sake of household bonhomie
This is why I wasn't too happy about seeing the team celebrate after we beat West Brom, we're still not out of the woods yet. If we lose to Sunderland tomorrow, and Birmingham and Plymouth win, we're in trouble. At least the game is early.

Sunderland's form has been patchy and they've got nothing to play for, they're safe, so fingers crossed.

And BREATHE.

Congrats to Ipswich and Plymouth, although when Plymouth went 1-0 up I was terrified Wednesday would shit the bed. What Röhl has done for us this season is miraculous. What McKenna has done for Ipswich, even more so.

My family has friends who are Saints fans so I'm hoping they go up in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom