Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The championship thread 2023/24

Great win for us up at Boro where wins for us are as rare as rocking horse shit. Prior to the game i would have been chuffed with a point so am elated to take all three.

QPR getting hammered at Watford
I reckon they'll go through a few managers this season. Another club that cheated ffp rules a while back and got off lightly. Hopefully they'll be relegated this season.

We were shit on Saturday after such a promising start the week before. Played not to lose but lose to city's only chance in the 94th minute. Tis the hope that kills you. Norwich next where we have no luck.

Decent start for Plymouth who were my local team when I was growing up. I would absolutely love to see them in the premiership.

Things going well for once for Blues, beating Plymouth today despite being without arguably our two best players Dembele and Laird and playing without a recognised right back. Plymouth are decent though and should stay up i reckon. First time ive been for a long while, decent atmosphere today despite half the ground being a building site! The outside of St Andrews looks quite nice (by admittedly low Small Heath standards) now its had a bit of a facelift. I cant help but feel fairly confident we wont be in a relegation quagmire again this season. Our new striker Jay Stansfield, signed on loan from Fulham looks decent!

Things going well for once for Blues,
You've got off to a great start. Beating Leeds and then Bristol away is very impressive. A point at Swansea is decent too! You have us next in an early kick off next week. I was going to travel up but the early kick off made it to awkward to do so. We'll have to be careful not to swith off cause i noticed you've had a couple of 90th minute winners at St Andrews. I see jutkiewicz is still going strong and scoring at the age of 34. I think he's got a few against us in the past for both Brum and Bolton. He got the winner for you at our place last season which put a real dent in our play off hopes.

Wonder where the Cowley brothers will fetch up?
Hopefully not at Millwall.
Probably all fishing from the same pool of has-beens on the go-around.
Seems to be the way. That practice has seemed to have stopped in the premier league where it was once common place. Allardyce, Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Alan Pardew managed to go from one club to another. Now it's a thing in the lower leagues.

Hopefully not at Millwall.
I never took to them even when they were working miracles at Lincoln, pair of arsey PE teachers who indulged in some really blatant shithousing, including scheduled goalie injuries for the mid second half chat long before I recall anyone else doing it (saw their braintree sides a couple of times too.) Was quite pleased they failed at Portsmouth.

I never took to them even when they were working miracles at Lincoln, pair of arsey PE teachers who indulged in some really blatant shithousing, including scheduled goalie injuries for the mid second half chat long before I recall anyone else doing it (saw their braintree sides a couple of times too.) Was quite pleased they failed at Portsmouth.
There was quite a bit of noise about them getting the Millwall job after Harrris left. Thankfully that never happened. Had a good read up on them and watched some of there interviews. There's a lot of ego going on for sure. A lot of managers get jobs because they interview well. They baffle CEO's and chairman that know little about footballl. That shithouse blagger Ian Holloway did it with us. A well practiced and honed interview style where he gives a power point presentation on tactics, formations etc to a couple of clueless suits when it comes to football. He was lucky to get out of the stadium alive once the inevitable happened and went tits up. There was people down there that were going to give him a proper hiding if they got to him. One of his final games with us was a proper mauling, Players were looking across to him for instructions. He sat in the dugout with his head down and completely ignored them. He's a fucking con man and chancer.

There was quite a bit of noise about them getting the Millwall job after Harrris left. Thankfully that never happened. Had a good read up on them and watched some of there interviews. There's a lot of ego going on for sure. A lot of managers get jobs because they interview well. They baffle CEO's and chairman that know little about footballl. That shithouse blagger Ian Holloway did it with us. A well practiced and honed interview style where he gives a power point presentation on tactics, formations etc to a couple of clueless suits when it comes to football. He was lucky to get out of the stadium alive once the inevitable happened and went tits up. There was people down there that were going to give him a proper hiding if they got to him. One of his final games with us was a proper mauling, Players were looking across to him for instructions. He sat in the dugout with his head down and completely ignored them. He's a fucking con man and chancer.
He was the same or worse at Grimsby wasn't he? Lots of talk about investing in the club himself but it still went tits up, though might be misremembering the details.

This is his standard spiel that he trots out every where he turns up

"Grimsby Town are the best-run club I have ever worked at."

That’s the upbeat message from manager Ian Holloway who is delighted with how the club has handled itself amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It’s a crisis that has hit football hard, particularly in the lower divisions where finances have taken a hammer blow.

While the Mariners are by no means out of the woods, Holloway – who has previously managed at QPR, Crystal Palace, Blackpool, Bristol Rovers, Millwall and Leicester City – has never seen a club better suited to survive these troubled times.

He also had special praise for Grimsby Town major shareholder John Fenty - who has suffered criticism from a significant section of the fanbase over the years.

“The club is so brilliantly run. The best I have ever seen – it really is. We are so ahead of the game it is unbelievable,” Holloway told Grimsby Live.

Our chairman has an uncanny knack of crapping on any kind of feel good moment - first win of the season on Sunday and then this.

This is yet another bonkers idea - he’s run out of cash and this just seems like an attempt to deflect any more criticism of how he has got us here.

Another points deduction incoming it seems, and that’s probably the best case scenario unfortunately

I can sympathise somewhat with Wednesday - we've been there! On the other hand, the Rooney revolution is going about as well as expected lol. We were sixth in the table playing well and fairly coherently when the new owners decided they want a 'name' so sacked John Eustace at great expense then employed Rooney allegedly on three times the wage, not to mention what Cashley Cole is probably earning and quell surprise we've lost three in a row, playing poorly. Its the same as when we got Zola in, he tried to make us play like Chelsea with a bunch of journeymen plodders. That went well, not! Ah well, it wouldn't be Blues if things went well for more than a month.
All that said, you never know, Rooney might turn things around and come good, we have to give him time but he's been getting dogs abuse already, crazy really.

In an unexpected turn, it now appears the HMRC debt has been paid as have the players and staff. So panic over - at least until this time next month.

Rooney might turn things around and come good, we have to give him time but he's been getting dogs abuse already, crazy really.
We've been talking about how quick our younger fans are in turning on the team and letting the manager know what they think. Ten minutes into our first home game of the season and Rowett was being called allsorts by a section of our support. It's crept in over the last few years and is completely counter productive.

Our chairman has an uncanny knack of crapping on any kind of feel good moment - first win of the season on Sunday and then this.

This is yet another bonkers idea - he’s run out of cash and this just seems like an attempt to deflect any more criticism of how he has got us here.

Another points deduction incoming it seems, and that’s probably the best case scenario unfortunately

United are even worse. What's going on in Sheffield?

Awesome performance by Leeds. Looks like we can defend after all. Leicester had one shot on target.

I happened to be up North(ish) yesterday for work so decided to watch my first Wednesday match of the season at home last night vs Leicester. We weren't half bad and took a point off the league leaders - our goal came about through a bit of hit and hope, but we were worth it on the whole. Leicester hogged possession but we had the better chances - if we had someone who could finish then we'd be mid-table. But we don't, we're rock bottom and its going to take some turnaround to survive now.

Back
Top Bottom