Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto for all.

Already starting to wonder if Greenwood + DCL is a better use of funds overall compared to Fernandes + Wilson.

Still early days, though.

If it helps, I'm pleased I picked Greenwood at the start but I'm keeping an eye on him cos I don't think he'll be as good a pick when Cavani is back.

I didnt have Antonio for week 1 so I spent 4 points doing the risky move of selling TAA to get the funds for Antonio. The move paid off straight away and I am 4 points better off than I would have been (TAA + Barnes + no transfer cost = 12 + 2 + 4 = 18 vs Pinnock + Antonio = 6 + 16 = 22). But of course it creates the future dilemma of when and how I get Trent back.

I think a large Lukaku bandwagon is in full effect right now but I may well resist such a move for a little bit longer. But then I'll have to concede that he might cost more like 12 by the time I get him.

Antonio is a player I wanted at the start of last year but I couldn't find him/he was injured. I forgot about him this year.

Yep. Nice to be getting some points from my insistence on having 3 West ham players at all times

I wasn't brave enough to go for three west ham players, either after the good preseason or last week :( Well done!

They should definitely ban all transfers so that everybody can't just buy Benrahma. So those of us who actually made a correct call for the first time since starting to play this hell game can reap their just rewards.

Ugh, watching these price rises on players I was really frustrated with not being able to fit in my team :facepalm: :(

Really trying to avoid a WC so early, but Fernandes is burning a hole in my pocket. It's just that question of which combo is actually the better allocation of funds overall*.

*yeah, cheers Cam, that's only the whole point of FPL in a nutshell :rolleyes: :oops:

They should definitely ban all transfers so that everybody can't just buy Benrahma. So those of us who actually made a correct call for the first time since starting to play this hell game can reap their just rewards.

You could always play the draft version of the game, where everyone in the mini league is selecting from the same pool of players and when someone else in that league has that player, nobody else can have them.

Well we need the likes of Ronaldo, Lukaku, Kane playing, and people like Sancho to start performing in order to save us all from boring template hell. I also hope the mix of viable cheaper enabling players grows in the coming weeks.

Well we need the likes of Ronaldo, Lukaku, Kane playing, and people like Sancho to start performing in order to save us all from boring template hell. I also hope the mix of viable cheaper enabling players grows in the coming weeks.
Aye, past couple of weeks have certainly shaken things up on that front; arguably going to have to be swapping premium players in and out a fair bit more as opposed to set and forget.

We will all buy Ronaldo and save money by splurging on non playing cheap Watford players in the hope that Ronaldo will score 4 a game until the end of the season 🤣

Aye, past couple of weeks have certainly shaken things up on that front; arguably going to have to be swapping premium players in and out a fair bit more as opposed to set and forget.

I'll be doing some swapping but not as much as some are envisaging.

I havent moved early for Lukaku, but I did want to get my team ready to be able to keep Salah + Fernandes + still have one other expensive player. My first attempt is to achieve this by learning to live without TAA, and slightly leaning on 4.0 defensive options. I expect more people to consider that option in the coming weeks. I havent needed to compromise my team in midfield or up front in order to achieve that in a way thats still compatible with current state of price rises/falls. For now I have Son in the 3rd expensive player slot, with a simple plan to switch Son to Lukaku when I think the moment has arrived. But to go further by having Kane or Ronaldo (guessing he will be very expensive) instead of Lukaku will require additional compromises that Im not convinced I'll want to make, so I'll probably have to change approach if I end up wanting to go down that route. ie I wont end up keeping both Salah & Fernandes & the other expensive player at the same time. But for now I'll try to stick to plan A for as long as I can.

Unless there is some shocking late injury/covid news, I think I'm managing not to spend any points on transfers this week, and will have got through weeks 2 & 3 without using a wildcard for the first time since 2015-16. Current transfer plan involves spending 4 points in weeks 4 and 5, but it wont take too many rapid price changes or international break chaos for me to end up playing wildcard in week 4 instead.

Barnes has been my big headache this week. I dont know if he will play, but I've managed to stick with him for the Norwich game just in case he hauls. Not been easy since I dont like taking price falls on the chin, but this time I did. Whatever happens, he wont be in my team by the time week 4 begins.

Gah, Benitez saying DCL's training "still restricted by a toe problem" and he still has to make a decision about him playing.

International break next week, wouldn't be surprised if he plays him this week and in the hope he can recover over the break.

Can I hold onto my two transfers until after the break, so as not to WC when so many others will... :hmm:

Grr....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom