Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of flags, I dont know if I'm alone in finding it rather shameful of this game that being remanded in custody isnt enough to get you flagged.

Yep that is quite grating!

Although I don't know if you mean Mendy or Sigurdsson. :(

I mean Mendy because we and the UK press are legally able to acknowledge that one, especially since he has been formally charged. The other one is more difficult due to the way our legal system works at certain stages, it would be hard for the fpl game to properly acknowledge that situation.

I wonder when Ronaldo will appear with a price in the game. The move is officially done now so it could be any time.

Yeah the endless urge to tinker even when it isnt strictly necessary is often my undoing in this game. But its where a lot of the fun comes from for me, so if I ruin my promising start by tearing things up via my wildcard then so be it.

images

Which principal? I didnt follow the football world properly at all until I started playing the fantasy game about 6 years ago, and my sights are still rather narrow.

I won't have him on principle

Which principal? I didnt follow the football world properly at all until I started playing the fantasy game about 6 years ago, and my sights are still rather narrow.

Principle could be that he is probably a rapist.

Or principle could be that he's actually quite a daft buy for Man Utd given he won't press or do any work off the ball and they probably need to improve their midfield rather than get a star attacker in.

Probably doesn't matter for Man Utd though cos just getting him back will be worth it in terms of social media, shirt sales, share prices etc football is ruined :p

I'm going to avoid him too I think cos even if he scores loads I just don't want him.

I really wasn't sure what to do with my team, have scored reasonably well but was really tempted to wildcard. Fortunately the decision was taken out of my hands as I realised this morning I took an 8 point hit while drunk.

Interesting thing. They won't earn a penny from shirt sales. Adidas paid £750m for the shirt sponsorship. Every shirt sold goes to Adidas.

It'll be the same for the new sponsors too.

I was surprised to find this out

Lukaku thigh injury :facepalm:
Ah well, I have plans B, C, D, E and F to choose from if that injury situation persists or gets worse. So I'm still glad I wildcarded as I have flexibility right up to the deadline and have avoided being priced out of possibilities via the rises and falls that have already happened.

Its probably better that I try to keep more balance in the way my teams budget is spread around than the example team I posted the other day anyway. It was lopsided and asking for trouble and was just the sort of thing that would set me up to revert to my standard form in terms of spending too many points on transfers in future weeks.

I'll probably avoid Lukaku for a bit regardless of what the next news about his injury is. In many ways the status of Calvert-Lewins injury will have a bigger influence on my chosen team.

Interesting thing. They won't earn a penny from shirt sales. Adidas paid £750m for the shirt sponsorship. Every shirt sold goes to Adidas.

It'll be the same for the new sponsors too.

I was surprised to find this out

it seems probably more like United get 10%. but you're right the vast majority goes to Adidas.

Ah well, I have plans B, C, D, E and F to choose from if that injury situation persists or gets worse. So I'm still glad I wildcarded as I have flexibility right up to the deadline and have avoided being priced out of possibilities via the rises and falls that have already happened.

Its probably better that I try to keep more balance in the way my teams budget is spread around than the example team I posted the other day anyway. It was lopsided and asking for trouble and was just the sort of thing that would set me up to revert to my standard form in terms of spending too many points on transfers in future weeks.

I'll probably avoid Lukaku for a bit regardless of what the next news about his injury is. In many ways the status of Calvert-Lewins injury will have a bigger influence on my chosen team.

I suppose I could just hit the wildcard and that wipes out the -8... Ugh, it's tempting!

I suppose I could just hit the wildcard and that wipes out the -8... Ugh, it's tempting!
If I were in that situation I'd let the dilemma potentially resolve itself by waiting for injury news & the final outcome of the absurd international situation to see if that creates any pressing new concerns for your team before the deadline that may further justify the use of the wildcard.

In addition to missing their sides' weekend games, Chelsea defender Thiago Silva and Manchester United midfielder Fred will also not be allowed to play in their teams' opening Champions League games against Zenit St Petersburg and Young Boys next Tuesday.

However, it is understood Brazil have not asked for Everton forward Richarlison to be prevented from featuring against Burnley on Monday. It is felt Brazil showed leniency in that specific case as Everton allowed Richarlison to play at the Olympic Games when the regulations did not force them to.

The move also affects three Liverpool players, Roberto Firmino, Fabinho and Alisson; Manchester City pair Ederson and Gabriel Jesus; and Leeds forward Raphinha, who had been called into the Brazil squad for the first time.

It means eight Premier League clubs will be denied players this weekend after previous moves from the Mexico, Paraguay and Chile football federations to stop Raul Jimenez, Miguel Almiron and Francisco Sierralta from playing this weekend.

Thanks for the Ronaldo info the other day. I looked into that a little bit and It seems I will never be able to bring myself to own him.

Used my wildcard this week with Son out and also my goalkeeper and a couple of others I decided to swap it around a bit. In comes Kane who seems to have settled back in. Two decent keepers now as I had Butland whose not going to get a sniff. Changed a bit around the back and middle too.

Gah, there's not really any moves I'm particularly keen on this week, but with both Wilson and Son likely not to play I probably do need to bring at least one in.

Feel like this is the end of my uncharacteristically decent start to the season.

I've surprisingly made very few changes thus far, 3 transfers in total and no plans to change just yet. I have Tsimikas in the squad but with Robertson back he may not get game time, but will leave him for the moment. Also have Watkins, leaving him out for this game week cos he's had fuck all time on the pitch and they have Chelsea.

Took an 8 point hit before the start of this gameweek simply because I figure not having Not-As-Good-As-Original-Ronaldo would be daft. Logically it's a win-win; if he scores and is all over the papers then at least I get fantasy points, if he plays shit and his knee falls off I can at least laugh at that. Son is injured so that made it simpler, as I just banged Jota in there, although I see Firmino has been cleared to play. Suddenly find myself with a pretty top-heavy team including mid price defenders plus Salah, Jota, Antonia, Lukaku, and the aforementioned Not-OG-Ronaldo. That's a lot of firepower. Hope it pays off.

Took an 8 point hit before the start of this gameweek simply because I figure not having Not-As-Good-As-Original-Ronaldo would be daft. Logically it's a win-win; if he scores and is all over the papers then at least I get fantasy points, if he plays shit and his knee falls off I can at least laugh at that. Son is injured so that made it simpler, as I just banged Jota in there, although I see Firmino has been cleared to play. Suddenly find myself with a pretty top-heavy team including mid price defenders plus Salah, Jota, Antonia, Lukaku, and the aforementioned Not-OG-Ronaldo. That's a lot of firepower. Hope it pays off.

What happened to 'I wont have him on principal' ? Was the principal just that he is not as good as original Ronaldo?

And what do you mean Firmino has been cleared to play? The international break ban situation seems to have been fudged away but as far as I know Firmino is still injured and so remains out for that reason. Unless I missed some late news on that injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom