Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I was only curious as to what the principal was. I wont be casting any moral judgement on other peoples teams!

I do seem to remember avoiding one team when they had a fascist manager!

And what do you mean Firmino has been cleared to play? The international break ban situation seems to have been fudged away but as far as I know Firmino is still injured and so remains out for that reason. Unless I missed some late news on that injury?
Ah, sorry, he IS injured, but if he wasn't he would be able to play. FIFA have said those players under doubt are ok due to their benevolence

The principle is I despise him :D

I've certainly used such feelings of my own to help reduce my dilemmas in this game in the past!

I may ban players with adam's apples over a certain size from my team. Or a certain look in their eyes. Or if they fail me repeatedly on the fantasy points front.

I always had a basic hate of Manchester United too but it seems this has softened considerably in recent years once I realised that several of my friends who passed away before their time were fans of that team.

Refusing to own Ronaldo also gives me a new dimension to this game. Its an interesting challenge as to how well I can do despite not owning him. It could be especially torturous during the ridiculous run that Man Utd have for about 3 months solid, starting later this year. At least I like Lukaku and have brought him in early. I've even captained him this week, although I was still very tempted to captain Antonio.

I do so much prefer to own players I like. Also have an affinity for players I jumped on really early when they first became available in the game for their current teams, before it was clear they were fantasy football gods. Salah the most famous example that springs to mind, although hardly a standout given what everyone thinks of him for years now. I love Son too, but I dont hesitate to get rid when injuries occur. I may always love Watkins too, though I wont consider him this season until their fixtures improve. I got on Fernandes really early too, in time for his first fantasy haul if I recall correctly, but my fantasy football feelings towards him have eroded quite a bit in the last year.

I suppose I have a constant battle against my own bias towards players that have done real well for me in the past, but I prefer to just go with that flow and embrace that bias. And the opposite, so many memories of getting Kane for particular fixtures that didnt turn out as hoped, even though he has got me a lot of points over the years. I guess there are certain players I resent when they become 'must-haves', and others I am happy to love in that role.

Last edited:
I've certainly used such feelings of my own to help reduce my dilemmas in this game in the past!

I may ban players with adam's apples over a certain size from my team. Or a certain look in their eyes. Or if they fail me repeatedly on the fantasy points front.

I always had a basic hate of Manchester United too but it seems this has softened considerably in recent years once I realised that several of my friends who passed away before their time were fans of that team.
I've never "hated" any team, even rivals of Liverpool, as it just seems silly, but some players are just bellends - El Hadj Diouf and Charles Itanje to name two from Liverpool's past players.

Interesting, in my main work league (13 teams) there's been a few -4 hits but no WCs played (though for some that's because they've already played it...) and only one team has Ronaldo.

Yeah I use the term hate in a rather loose manner. Perhaps "I laugh when they lose' would be a better description.

I probably do hate Jose Mourinho.

From a fantasy perspective the 3pm games should be intense, a high proportion of fantasy teams players are in action then. Probably have to go back to a while before the pandemic began to find such an intense moment of fpl action. Yay, I prefer to get much of the pain and joy out of the way in one go :D

From a fantasy perspective the 3pm games should be intense, a high proportion of fantasy teams players are in action then. Probably have to go back to a while before the pandemic began to find such an intense moment of fpl action. Yay, I prefer to get much of the pain and joy out of the way in one go :D
BT and Sky must be kicking themselves they didn't pick today's game at Old Trafford for one of their televised matched :D

I nearly backed the Spurs defensive players in my wildcard, but since Dier went off injured and Tanganga has been sent off, I'm currently pleased I decided to back Wolves instead. Lets see how long this smug feeling lasts. I'm hoping for attacking returns of some kind from Semedo at some point, but the hope isnt terribly strong!

I nearly backed the Spurs defensive players in my wildcard, but since Dier went off injured and Tanganga has been sent off, I'm currently pleased I decided to back Wolves instead.
Yeah, feeling like I dodged a bullet having briefly considered Tanganga this morning.

Particularly as my nearest rival in the work league has him :D

Lets see how long this smug feeling lasts.

Also this :hmm: ;)

These days only promising bargains can tempt me to play Pep roulette. Torres fitted that bill for me, but now that the lineups are just minutes away I remember why I am less keen to play Pep roulette these days. I got Gundogan quite early last season so I've made it work in the past, but I'm not sure how much I'll end up bothering this season.

Well played :cool:

Naturally, I now despise you. It's not personal, just the the game.
No worries there, im not happy with myself about it either. As a Brighton supporter i hate Palarse & French Eddy went down in my estimation after his no show for Celtic last season.

I've played the wild card early doors to get that pesky number 7 in , for next week, so don't get his multiple points this week ffs .

i can feel a serious conversation with the chairman coming on...

one striker who got red carded today, one injured midfielder, and one premium-ish defender who isn't officially injured but seems to have stopped playing

dunno about ronaldo. he's a good player but still think he's a bit of a twat. i'd need to do 3 transfers to get him in - one other man u player out to keep within the 3 players from 1 team rule, one midfielder out to pay for him (i went midfield heavy this year) and one striker out to make way.

gut feeling is it's too early to do the wild card thing.

meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom