Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Antonio is my cpt today rather than Mo, Lukaku, or Son, all of whom will have great games as West Ham go down to a surprise 1-0 defeat
You know it's coming. I'm going today with the kids. My son has decided he is a Palace fan (we used to live there) and my daughter is going in full kit.

I have captained Antonio and vice captained Benrahma.

This is all pointing one way.

I'm sticking with Toney for the next 3 too, if he doesn't start racking up decent points I will have to let him go :(

Wildcard activated in an attempt to dance around price changes over the next 2 weeks. May turn out to be a waste of the wildcard as I was happy with half of my team, we shall see.

I better get TAA back in given the positions on the pitch he seems to be popping up in this season. Not sure though, depends on budget which depends on how Son does today.

Took DCL out after seeing about his injury on here just before this game. Was captain too.

Injury news can be time consuming to decipher properly. There are some sites that can help a lot but they cant predict teams perfectly, eg Team News | Fantasy Football Tips, News and Views from Fantasy Football Scout and they also do a team news video on youtube on Friday afternoons.

DCL is somewhat injury prone but that didnt stop him being a pretty consistent source of points last season, just have to be prepared to deal with the occasional absence. I note that he picked up a different injury during the game yesterday and was forced off, but there is obviously quite a long time till the next games.

Other than Son I don't think a single player of mine is scoring additional points this week. I'm not going to tear up the team though as I have faith in them. Awful start though. :D:oops:

Other than Son I don't think a single player of mine is scoring additional points this week. I'm not going to tear up the team though as I have faith in them. Awful start though. :D:oops:
As I said! (I had Bamford and as Captain) Makes up for swapping him out for DCL.

Man U scoring double figures would make it a good week for me. Otherwise , the board will be giving me a vote of confidence. #pardewout

Wildcard pays off. 4 clean sheets and an assist from my goalie/back three, 4 goals and another assist from my midfield and forwards. Antonio captain. 79 points, happy with that
You're one of only two teams in the H2H who had a better week than me, but of course I'm playing you this week :facepalm: :mad:

It's kind of crazy that Greenwood has scored in every game this season, and yet most seem to be pretty certain he's going to be the one to miss out when Ronaldo starts playing.
do i do a transfer or two now, or wait and see who gets injured in the internationals?

:hmm:
Generally I wait until after the internationals; can mean you can suffer on price changes, but they can only go £0.3m in either direction between individual gameweeks.

Fernandes will be the one to miss out. He'll lose penalties and free kicks meaning won't score much.

I'm set up to do fernadez and Ings to Ronaldo and Torres/Jota after the international break.

Another decent enough week, thanks mainly to Captain Antonio and Salah. Glad I resisted the temptation to take a hit for Benrahma, no hits taken so far! Weirdly although I have Fernandes it looks like so many people captained him its actually good that he didn't do anything. Having Greenwood from the start has worked out nicely for me.

After seeing Man Utd yesterday I feel like Fernandes has to go though. Seemed to be playing more as part of the midfield than as a number 10 and less attacking, also Ronaldo coming in presumably means he loses a lot of pens/set pieces. Does that sound right? I'm trying to resist wildcarding so was gonna take a -4 and get Lukaku in ahead of Aston Villa, who may be affected by the international break and players quarantining. Might even take a -8, as I could do with getting rid of Tsimikas. And actually I might ditch Trossard. So maybe I should wildcard...?

I'm having a lot of fun with my wildcard right now but that doesnt mean its the right move for anyone else.

I found a combination where my budget due to early reaction to price changes means I'm in a position to form a team with TAA, Salah, Antonio, Lukaku, Ronaldo (assuming 13 million or less pricetag) without the rest of the team being impossibly compromised. There are still some fairly heavy compromises, especially in defence where apart from Trent I have to rely on the plethora of 4.0-4.1 defenders that have been playing, although if Ronaldo were 'only' 12.5 then I can also squeeze a Spurs defender in. But with the aforementioned combo as the core of my team I can still have Benrahma and Torres (downgradeable to Raphinha) and Gray so I think I might go with this combo. At least until international break chaos forces some kind of rethink before my wildcard period even ends.

The bigger issue with the ints might be who has to quarantine when they get back. Here's a handy list of players and red list countries they play for (or are playing): FPL Players

It was looking like much of this issue would be simply bypassed due to the joint clubs & league stance about not releasing red-list country players for the international break. But it seems this isnt as universal as originally presented, and we have our first statements of the intent of some players to travel, leading to official fpl red flags already for Villa players Martinez and Buendia. I've got no idea how many others will join this category.

It was looking like much of this issue would be simply bypassed due to the joint clubs & league stance about not releasing red-list country players for the international break. But it seems this isnt as universal as originally presented, and we have our first statements of the intent of some players to travel, leading to official fpl red flags already for Villa players Martinez and Buendia. I've got no idea how many others will join this category.
Yep, annoyingly, I've got Martinez and my backup goalie is injured.

Was hoping to keep a few transfers to see what the Ronaldo score is, but might need to wildcard now to get him in - and of course if any other players decide to go abroad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom