Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
one striker who got red carded today
The one saving grace of this is how highly owned Antonio is, as means a lot of rivals are in the same position.

Including the guy at work who also had Tanganga and Son* in his team yesterday :eek: :(

Meanwhile, I am naturally pissed off at Lukaku, both because I decided not to bring him in plus my H2H opponent does have him :mad:

*yes, he's going to get auto-subbed Livramento who has six points, so it's not all terrible, but I'd still be pretty irritated...

Fucking hell... in any single gameweek there's never been more than three players with better scores than me, but except for GW1 I've always been bloody playing one of them in the H2H :mad: :(

Thanks for the Ronaldo info the other day. I looked into that a little bit and It seems I will never be able to bring myself to own him.

No worries. Think I feel the same so let's hope he doesn't ruin our season!

Its been reported on a lot more in other countries, I think because of different laws etc. It grates a bit that there's so much hype around him and so little acknowledgement of ongoing court proceedings. Shows the power his brand has.

No worries. Think I feel the same so let's hope he doesn't ruin our season!

Its been reported on a lot more in other countries, I think because of different laws etc. It grates a bit that there's so much hype around him and so little acknowledgement of ongoing court proceedings. Shows the power his brand has.

I've got no fear on the forwards front, I love Lukaku and there are at least 6 other forwards who I can imagine being happy to own at various points over the season.

My concerns are more about what happens if I cant get enough value out of having a higher budget available for midfield. I'll need a higher degree of consistency from a bunch of midfielders priced at 6-8 in order to make my budget spread work. But even if this goes wrong I can shift budget around, eg if Kane starts to perform or if De Bruyne becomes more relevant or if Fernandes doesnt blank too much. Alternatively, there are lots of interesting attacking defenders these days so I could change shape and push more budget into that area.

Man Utd ridiculous fixture run from late November/early December all the way through till the end of February may be a challenge. I dont have any qualms about using other players from that team to help. In the event of my mental health taking a real knock and my love of fantasy football being utterly destroyed, I suppose I reserve the right to u-turn on all of this. But for me there would also be negative mental health consequences from u-turning about Ronaldo, so I currently predict I'll be able to stick to my guns. However, I freely concede that trying to add morality to the mix when it comes to football and fantasy football looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Tonights game is likely to have an important effect on my next transfer move. eg Calvert-Lewin or Gray, that is the question for me at the moment. I'd have more alternatives if I had been highly impressed with Leeds so far this season, but I havent so I'll probably hold off on Leeds players for at least 1 more week despite their nice fixture run.

Although I'm still tempted to take a punt on Watkins, despite the fixtures.

Tonights game is likely to have an important effect on my next transfer move. eg Calvert-Lewin or Gray, that is the question for me at the moment. I'd have more alternatives if I had been highly impressed with Leeds so far this season, but I havent so I'll probably hold off on Leeds players for at least 1 more week despite their nice fixture run.

Although I'm still tempted to take a punt on Watkins, despite the fixtures.

Calvert-Lewin injured!

Not a bad week at all for me, even with the 8 point hit I still got a green arrow and am in the top 60K or thereabouts. Just the question of whether to hold Antonio and spend some cash in defence or switch to Bamford.

Leeds could be poised to crush my most promising start to the season ever. But since I feel the need to keep my options open for transfers next week and am not yet convinced by Leeds form, I shall just have to sit here and take it.

I beat Butchers Apron last week. My score was shit still though. Hopefully we can improve with the midfield this week Harrison hasn't proved productive yet.

Decided to just do the one transfer rather than wildcard, then later in the evening remeberd that Lukaku, on red hot form, is up against a non-existent Spurs defence.

Bugger :(

Didn't help that the assist for the guy I did bring in, Bamford, was for another guy I would have brought in on the wildcard and every other bugger already has :mad: :facepalm:

Not a problem when two of your bench are either suspended or no longer in the Prem :thumbs: :(

Wait... hang on, why is Antonio showing up as available :hmm: :eek: :confused:

As soon as the last day where suspensions actually make any difference to fpl decisions we can make has passed, such flags are liable to be removed.
Yeah, I guess it makes sense in terms of people transferring him in now, just looks weird him sitting on my bench looking like he's not suspended today tomorrow.

The order you put players on your bench determines who will be subbed on. Ings is last on your bench so he will only come on if Godfrey and Tsimikas dont play.
Ah ok I didn't know that you could change the order of the bench. Good to know!

The order you put players on your bench determines who will be subbed on. Ings is last on your bench so he will only come on if Godfrey and Tsimikas dont play.

Ah ok I didn't know that you could change the order of the bench. Good to know!

although i'm fairly sure that the order of substitutes can get changed if you end up with less than the minimum number of defenders (or whatever)

Tsimikas is in for TAA, sadly.

Reguillon had to go from my team. I thought Coufal would be a good replacement, even though he’d be benched this week playing Man U. But then I left him in the team and still have Ronaldo as my captain. I hate having a striker playing a defender, bound to end badly.

although i'm fairly sure that the order of substitutes can get changed if you end up with less than the minimum number of defenders (or whatever)
Yes it isnt going to let you play 5 midfielders and 3 forwards at the same time. So if you have a midfielder or forward first on your bench, and its a 3rd defensive player that is missing, it will skip over your first sub. Other shape changes are allowed, eg if you tried to field 4 defenders but one of them doesnt play and a midfielder or forward is first on your bench, they will still come on.

Is Marcus Alonso a good pick at this point? Can't believe how attacking he looked against Spurs yesterday but also I keep expecting Chilwell to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom