Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Marcus Alonso a good pick at this point? Can't believe how attacking he looked against Spurs yesterday but also I keep expecting Chilwell to start.
If you have enough defensive cover on your bench then it could be a great move. I certainly expect the various fpl commentator websites and youtube channels to start paying more attention to him as an option now. They keep expecting Chilwell to start too, but something is going on there and I think there have been some comments from the manager about Chilwells head not being in the right place after the Euros.

I probably could have gone with him, especially given that I think I'll be happy to put Livramento in my starting 11 most weeks. But I've decided to go with Rudiger for now instead, might add Alonso on top later although his price already went up again.

The relatively few midfield options that are firing at the moment is starting to hamper my excitement about fantasy football at the moment. Its half-spoilt my wildcard from a few weeks ago and I've found myself running back to Benrahma already. Lack of consistent Man City options is not helping. Never mind, things will change again I'm sure, but for now I find myself in knee-jerking transfer point spending mode.

Its that eternal quandary again "do I put aside my principles aside in order to bring in some gurning prick who will undoubtedly score shedloads of points?"

I can't say anything really, I'm eschewing the probable rapist but considering bringing in the definite drink driver killer.

I can't say anything really, I'm eschewing the probable rapist but considering bringing in the definite drink driver killer.
Dare I further reduce my options by asking who that is?

My principals regarding "Christia-no means no" remain intact at least until their ridiculous run a bit later in the season, but I've made a rod for my own back and it sucks already, even when Man Utd arent being given the penalties they expect.

If you have enough defensive cover on your bench then it could be a great move. I certainly expect the various fpl commentator websites and youtube channels to start paying more attention to him as an option now. They keep expecting Chilwell to start too, but something is going on there and I think there have been some comments from the manager about Chilwells head not being in the right place after the Euros.

I probably could have gone with him, especially given that I think I'll be happy to put Livramento in my starting 11 most weeks. But I've decided to go with Rudiger for now instead, might add Alonso on top later although his price already went up again.

The relatively few midfield options that are firing at the moment is starting to hamper my excitement about fantasy football at the moment. Its half-spoilt my wildcard from a few weeks ago and I've found myself running back to Benrahma already. Lack of consistent Man City options is not helping. Never mind, things will change again I'm sure, but for now I find myself in knee-jerking transfer point spending mode.

Yeah, I have Livramento, Cresswell and Williams so I would probably get rid of Ayling who went off injured and have money in the bank to do that. Might be a shout - I fancy Chelsea to beat City next week.

Midfield is a bit tricky innit? Salah is a season keeper obviously, but apart from that there aren't many stand outs. Considering Ismaila Sarr but if I was gonna get him I should have got him for Norwich. Ronaldo has ruined Greenwood who was great initially, I've got Jota but he's not delivering and totally agree its really frustrating not having City players but who do you have?

Who's that?
Dare I further reduce my options by asking who that is?

My principals regarding "Christia-no means no" remain intact at least until their ridiculous run a bit later in the season, but I've made a rod for my own back and it sucks already, even when Man Utd arent being given the penalties they expect.

Oh, it's Marcus Alonso sorry. Think he pleaded guilty though. He was supposed to go to prison but they fined him instead.

I do still have some faith that either Toney, Watkins, Ings or Calvert-Lewin will give me enough other forward options that I dont need to touch Ronaldo with a bargepole. And there are a few other names that could join that list.

And I need to remind myself that Dennis got as many points as Ronaldo this week (yay Dennis!), and that there will be some gains to be had from those who own Ronaldo and cant stop themselves captaining him even when they dont have the best fixture compared to other options.

I do still have some faith that either Toney, Watkins, Ings or Calvert-Lewin will give me enough other forward options that I dont need to touch Ronaldo with a bargepole. And there are a few other names that could join that list.

And I need to remind myself that Dennis got as many points as Ronaldo this week (yay Dennis!), and that there will be some gains to be had from those who own Ronaldo and cant stop themselves captaining him even when they dont have the best fixture compared to other options.

That's a good point on the captaincy, I think a lot of people will have gone with him instead of Salah this week

Cheers for the info. Fuck him too then, there are enough other options that I can live without that.
Actually fuck it, I've decided I dont enjoy talking about these things here much and that my approach to that this season is doing my head in already. I think I need to preserve this game as total escapism for me, not yet another thing to take too seriously in my life. And its not like I judge anyone else based on who they do or do not allow in their fantasy teams.

I'm going back to my previous approach where I'll still probably still get pissed off with players that do something bad during the seasons I'm playing fantasy football. When thats happened in the past I have tended to boot them out of my team without making a big fanfare about it here. Whether I forgive them or not depends on many things, probably including repeat offending and football form.

And there will still be players I dont like for any number of reasons that I dont favour having in my fantasy team, but dont totally rule out. That may be whats done my head in this time, since I think "never say never" is pretty central to my entire approach to playing the game. I dont like to rule things out and usually only do so temporarily to help solve particular dilemmas at particular moments in time. A fair chunk of the points I spend on transfers are down to not being stubborn, not being afraid to u-turn quickly if a mistake is quickly demonstrated.

I still dont like Ronaldo and dont expect to have him in my team much or hopefully at all, but I am retracting all the claims I made about what I would or would not do that had 100% certainty to them, since it appears that painting myself into a corner over anything fantasy football related really isnt at all good for my mind.

And sorry about all the blah blah blah about that, I'll get back to talking all the other shit I normally do on these fantasy football threads :D

I'm quite excited to see which forward qualifies to fill my third slot in that position, since I think I want to go there rather than continue to rely on 5 in midfield. Dennis can sit there for a week or two more, often on my bench, but then I want to move for someone else. I will be very pleased if the candidate who emerges is Toney or Watkins, because I actually like watching them play.

As for the midfield we were moaning about earlier, I was so uninspired by big name performances in that area since I wildcarded a few weeks ago that I found myself getting very excited by the impressive cameo Bailey had the other day. I started making plans when I was watching him, but I'd barely even begun when he got injured again, what a tease!

Actually fuck it, I've decided I dont enjoy talking about these things here much and that my approach to that this season is doing my head in already. I think I need to preserve this game as total escapism for me, not yet another thing to take too seriously in my life. And its not like I judge anyone else based on who they do or do not allow in their fantasy teams.

I'm going back to my previous approach where I'll still probably still get pissed off with players that do something bad during the seasons I'm playing fantasy football. When thats happened in the past I have tended to boot them out of my team without making a big fanfare about it here. Whether I forgive them or not depends on many things, probably including repeat offending and football form.

And there will still be players I dont like for any number of reasons that I dont favour having in my fantasy team, but dont totally rule out. That may be whats done my head in this time, since I think "never say never" is pretty central to my entire approach to playing the game. I dont like to rule things out and usually only do so temporarily to help solve particular dilemmas at particular moments in time. A fair chunk of the points I spend on transfers are down to not being stubborn, not being afraid to u-turn quickly if a mistake is quickly demonstrated.

I still dont like Ronaldo and dont expect to have him in my team much or hopefully at all, but I am retracting all the claims I made about what I would or would not do that had 100% certainty to them, since it appears that painting myself into a corner over anything fantasy football related really isnt at all good for my mind.

Got Marcus Alonso in and the very next day he told everyone he wasn't gonna take the knee anymore. :p

Got Marcus Alonso in and the very next day he told everyone he wasn't gonna take the knee anymore. :p

I think I prefer James anyway, given that I have a strong enough bench to cope with him not playing. Or maybe I'll go for Kovacic in midfield instead of a 2nd Chelsea defender. But I've probably got 2 gameweeks before I make that decision. I already spent 4 points bringing Rudiger in despite having no intention of playing him this week (I just wanted to get him before he rose in price).

I think trying to limp on without playing my WC is ultimately going to hurt my season, sadly. But, I'm in now, so just next week to survive and then probably play it in GW8.

I think trying to limp on without playing my WC is ultimately going to hurt my season, sadly. But, I'm in now, so just next week to survive and then probably play it in GW8.

Having played mine early, so far it only really gave me a nice points advantage on the week I played it (plus it helped my team value).

This could turn into one of those weeks where nobody ends up feeling overly happy with their team, or at least not with their big names. Still too early to make that claim but I'm hoping my prediction that Ronaldo owners would get sucked into captaining him on occasions that dont work out will yield fruit already.

lol. All the talk in the fpl community about Bruno not being a good asset becaue he wouldnt get penalties with Ronaldo in the team. Then he gets one and misses. I'm also hearing of plenty of people who were going to captain Antonio but chickened out at the last minute and went for Ronaldo, who is this weeks most captained player.

Though of course in order for my laughter to be sustained Antonio now needs to do something, preferably something equal to or bigger than whatever Salah manages later.

Time to remove Shaw from my team, a move that I was going to do soon anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom