Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoooo, boy, did I make the wrong choice between Rudiger and James :(

Day started off so well with a surprise goal for last-minute addition Schar, but other than that there's been a whole lotta goals with little involvement from my players except for conceding them.

Ah well, got a few DGW players who might grab something in their second game.

tbf, still about 25 mins to go of these ones! :oops: :D

Late into Liverpool v West Ham:

1646512689039.png

"Bugger, only a few minutes of cameo, but everyone on my bench only has 1 or 2 points anyway so not like I'm losing out and he still might pick up something extra"

12 minutes later:

1646512830685.png

1646512873048.png

Fuck's sake, Diego :mad:

For some strange reason I thought I’d get up in time to sort my squad out this morning. Despite going to bed very drunk at 4am. Currently have 14 points with 21 on the bench.

Hilarious self-inflicted disaster of epic proportions. Not at all optimistic about this week turning around for me, although there is always a chance if Spurs can actually manage to score multiple goals tonight.

I suppose this moment was always on the cards and I should consider myself lucky to get away without owning Coutinho for weeks now, that luck was bound to end at some point. Not choosing James is the decision I am most cross with myself about, if Im going to indulge in these high risk strategies then I absolutely have to take a risk with that sort of player (minutes risk but high points ceiling) too.

83 points shouldn’t feel like a terrible week. But the 29 on the bench makes it ridiculously fucking annoying.

Looks like players I was relying on to get me through gw30 blanks have been going off injured very early this afternoon. My frenzy of transfers will never end.

The double gameweeks that were announced yesterday werent very exciting, especially as the next round of FA cup fixtures will wipe some of them out.

I've still ended up pencilling in yet more transfers as a result, many of which look quite uninspiring on paper but I'll probably do them anyway.

Fine margins for me and my crappy moves these days. I just about managed to win the previous weeks H2H via Hwang, but I could probably have won it more easily by making fewer moves in the first place. This weeks H2H battle is also looking rather tight, I could easily be crushed or romp to victory tonight, or be left to limp over the line or fall short via Willock tomorrow. I'm behind at the moment so if none of my remaining players perform then I've lost, and the captaincy is not on my side unless Salah overcomes injury very quickly and starts. Only thing in my favour is number of players I've got left to play this week. I need Son, Doherty and/or the Arsenal defence to perform.

Last edited:
Ah when I clicked on your profile it said you scored more than me!

You probably looked before the Kane bonus was added to totals, since we both have him but only you captained him, so you got 4 bonus from him and I only got 2. And the other reason you got it wrong was because I spent 8 points on transfers this week, and those need to be subtracted from my score. The H2H page does subtract those transfer points spent when showing scores. So 8 + 2 = 10 difference between what you saw and the reality, putting me 8 points behind instead of 2 ahead.

elbows - your H2H opponent has half as many players as mine this week! FOUR players!! :mad: :mad: :(

And no captain.

Well thats just part of H2H, some weeks we are gifted victory via people missing deadlines or having used all of their chips earlier in the season or having abandoned their teams.

Mind you I am wary of speaking too soon, since I took an 8 point transfer hit again. But my team will have to put in numerous Jimenez-like negative points performances in order to lose this one. Or I suppose I could still lose if too many of my players get rested.

I know people who effectively got zero from 4 players last night, via having 2 Wolves defenders and Jimenez -2 then wiping out their points, and Raphinha being absent. Getting 1 from Ait Nouri and Hwang coming on for a single point for me seemed quite impressive compared to that.

Last edited:
Both m
Rumours that Ramsdale would miss the game were true, so thats one less player in my arsenal.
Annoying that was the only transfer I made. I couldn't be assed to change my whole team for one week. Hopefully it's a 10 goal thriller as I have 4 players in that game. - Cash, Saka, Smith-Rowe and Coutinho.

Ah I just remembered the optional cups that were added this season. That additional U75 league that we tried this season, that has 15 people in it, has the cup enabled. So those that are in that league but may have lost interest due to falling behind actually still have something left to play for near the end of the season. Here are the details that I have copied from the cup page for our league:

The Cup is scheduled to start in GW35

Fixtures will be determined at the end of Gameweek 34.If there are 16 teams in the associated league, then each team will have an opponent in Gameweek 35. If there are between 9 and 15 teams in the league, some teams will receive a bye in Gameweek 35 based on their score in Gameweek 34.

The starting round of the cup is determined by the number of teams in the associated league and the final will be contested in Gameweek 38.

You will not be entered into the cup if you have joined the league after the Gameweek prior to the cup starting.

How the cup works

Each team will be randomly drawn against another unless they have received a bye. The winner (the team with the highest Gameweek score minus any transfer points), will progress to the next round and another random draw, the losers are out! This process continues until the final round when the two remaining teams contest the cup final. If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:

Most goals scored in the Gameweek
Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
Virtual coin toss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom