Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Later than normal deadline tomorrow due to no 12.30 game.

Free hit activated, though my original team plan has shifted a bit due to having a wobble over my confidence in De Bruyne. This change may prove to be a mistake but I have taken a whole bunch of fun punts instead so even if it all goes wrong I enjoyed it.

I had a 'free hit' still, so I did to get as many players on double games in.

29 points so far, and think there's another 8 to come from the bench

facepaw2.jpg

I had a 'free hit' still, so I did to get as many players on double games in.

29 points so far, and think there's another 8 to come from the bench

View attachment 323267
I didnt really understand how you used it in the end because you hardly seemed to increase your number of double gameweek players. You got a few more points off the bench than you expected.

But thanks very much, since as a result I believe I've now secured victory in the H2H league this season! Its taken me 7 seasons to demonstrate that its still possible to win a H2H league when spending hundreds of points on extra transfers over the season. Taking this long to achieve that is hardly a stunning demonstration of the merits of this approach, but I'm glad I got there in the end.

Last edited:
Avoided bottom by 7 points :D

Also finished second bottom of the H2H league. Again I'll take it. Hoping for consolidation next year.

What a rise the overall winner of the whole thing pulled off:

Pigott claimed the crown in record-breaking style, his total of 2,844 points smashing the previous high of 2,680 points set by Michael Coone in 2020/21.

The new champion's remarkable use of his chips in the final Gameweeks proved decisive.

A Bench Boost chip in Double Gameweek 36 earned Pigott 201 points and took him from 393rd place to 10th, the first time all season he had been in the top 10.

He then soared into first place in Double Gameweek 37 thanks to a 110-point Free Hit chip.

My highest score ever, so pleased with that & therefore cant really grumble about my league positions. Still need to be more consistent in the H2H & stop the slumps i seem to end up in losing 3,4,5 weeks in a row. But all good fun. Congrats to the league winners. Looking forward to next season.

Bit of a meh season , but did get through the 2000 points barrier which isn't that shabby compared to previous 2 seasons.

Congratulations to Renegade Chipshop for winning the very first cup in the smaller version of the U75 non-h2h league.

I'm posting now because the fixtures came out. And if the fantasy game sticks to last years timing, next week will see some price reveal teasers, quickly followed by the game going live.

This last season was a challenge for sure. I got my worst overall rank yet. My players got the most raw points in total of any season I played, but because of how much I spent on transfers it was only my second highest overall score, and far more other managers scored more highly than before. And considering we got an extra free hit chip and how many double gameweeks there were, and how many points Salah got in the week many of us triple-captained him, it should have been that high a scoring season anyway. Winning the U75 h2h league probably counts as my best ever mini-league performance, so I take comfort in that.

Last edited:
There's some chat on FPL sites about t the delay being down to the amended five subs rule, or the fact that they might not start the game with players cost £x.0 or £x.5 and instead using all the other numbers, like what happens after the game starts with player values.

Ie Harry Kane might start at 11.4 and Haaland at 12.7 etc.

When it's ready, it's ready.

They are just guessing and there are loads of other potential reasons. For a start last years launch was rather early. If 'IT development not finished for the new season yet' is a factor then there are all sorts of possibilities but we have no idea what they have actually changed for this coming season yet. And I believe that after a high-profile series of account hacks last season, I think they said they are going to implement 2-factor authentication of accounts.

I dont know what to expect in terms of rule changes, since they tend to be rather conservative about making changes, and they are probably keen to keep the game relatively simple. So I wouldnt bother with the initial price stuff that you mention if I were them. I would implement the 'two sets of each chip, one for each half of the season' stuff but then people have been asking for that for years without them doing it.

They are just guessing and there are loads of other potential reasons. For a start last years launch was rather early. If 'IT development not finished for the new season yet' is a factor then there are all sorts of possibilities but we have no idea what they have actually changed for this coming season yet. And I believe that after a high-profile series of account hacks last season, I think they said they are going to implement 2-factor authentication of accounts.

I dont know what to expect in terms of rule changes, since they tend to be rather conservative about making changes, and they are probably keen to keep the game relatively simple. So I wouldnt bother with the initial price stuff that you mention if I were them. I would implement the 'two sets of each chip, one for each half of the season' stuff but then people have been asking for that for years without them doing it.
I had my account hacked not last season but the season before. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to do that tbh.

People on srs forums are saying the players are too cheap.

I'm wondering if we'll have to pick one or two more players with the same £100m budget because of the five subs rule this year.

No, I doubt it, the 5 sub rule is more likely to affect the total minutes some of our players get, not whether they start in the first place. And even if they dont start they are now more likely to get subbed on in real life, so our need for a fantasy bench is reduced if anything, not increased.

Some people always complain about prices, and there have perhaps been some signs this season and last season that those who set the prices were being somewhat kind. I still think they get most of the choices correct, and its a balancing act for them between giving people some tough choices, and putting people off from bothering to play and engage with the game.

Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to it. I always used to think that next season can't be any more exciting/better than this season and it always is.

And take Haalands price for example, its tricky for them. There is a lot of hype about him but forwards have not been delivering enough in fantasy for years, and he is unproven in this league. All things considered, I like the price they went for so far. If he turns out to be a bargain at that price then good, there are always going to be some players that end up being bargains and it doesnt bother me if this happens to relatively expensive players, I dont see that as spoiling the game any more than the cheap bargains we always tend to end up with at the opposite end of the pricing scale. Players that turn out to be great value make this game more fun for me.

Some people that complain make it sound like the game is being spoilt but I dont agree because people still end up with choices to make, we still cant own every player we might like at the same time for budgetary reasons. If seasons end up having periods where the template is strong and things get boring, thats a sign of a lack of choice and things getting too predictable, and pricing players even higher really wont stop those moments from happening. I understand that some people moan about players being too cheap because they think that making them stupidly expensive will reduce those players ownership, and make them better differential options. But I dont get hung up on individual choices like that, even when many people own a player its our teams as a whole that see us do well or badly, so I dont feel the need to bother complaining about individual prices. I suppose there have been some annoying pricing aspects in the past, eg when players like Mane were priced too closely to Salah, making it less likely that people would bother being differential by going for Mane instead. But its not always easy to solve that while remaining consistent with other factors that determine a players price.

Last edited:
Reeeeaaallly could do with this starting next Mon or Tue, rather than Wed/Thu/Fri :hmm: :(

Meanwhile, Spurs have signed Richarlison (for £60m! :eek: ), which seems like an interesting move. Not sure how that'll work with Kane and Son, which is not putting doubt on it, genuinely don't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom