Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant say its been in any way a surprise that my no Salah and back Man Utd gamble failed for several weeks in a row, and I was lucky that in terms of points and being utterly trounced, its only really bit me hard this week. But oh boy did it bite this time. Never mind, I was bored and I knew the risks, and now I will probably spend another 8 points reversing this hilarious error in time for next week.

What I'm having much more trouble forgiving myself for was bringing in Bruno Guimaraes but then benching him, doh! I'd need Adams to miss a second game in a row completely for him to come off my bench, and I dont see that happening.

Its tempting to make a new mistake, by selling Kane to fund the rebuilding of those other parts of my team. And the way my thoughts are going, I may still not have TAA in my team after those moves. At least Im not going to cling to Man Utd just because they have yet another double this coming gameweek. So now they will probably do something lol.

Southampton are teasing and torturing me by not starting Adams again, but I still expect him to come on and prevent me getting all those Bruno Guimaraes points - what a fool I've been!

Last edited:
Grateful to Schar's last minute BP rescuing me a point, but still feels like 2 lost given the circumstances :(
Holy hell, I think as long as Broja doesn't get a card, score an OG or miss a penalty in the last 5 minutes then I've won this week's H2H by a single point :eek:

Things could not be more tense.

I'm not doing substantially worse this season than other seasons, and by certain measures I could end up doing better than normal. But its been no fun from an enjoying the game each week perspective, its the sort of season that makes me wonder whether I will bother playing again next season. I think its the lack of options that I am excited to bring into my team. Its not unusual for players to have inconsistent form, but usually there are a few more rays of light that I can get behind for more than 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I'm not doing substantially worse this season than other seasons, and by certain measures I could end up doing better than normal. But its been no fun from an enjoying the game each week perspective, its the sort of season that makes me wonder whether I will bother playing again next season. I think its the lack of options that I am excited to bring into my team. Its not unusual for players to have inconsistent form, but usually there are a few more rays of light that I can get behind for more than 2 weeks.
It's not felt as much fun this season... and is becoming something of a slog to finish it.

Hopefully they will change some of the rules/chips/player positions next season in a bid to make the game more fun and interesting next season. That will give me an excuse to try again and see what the changes are like.

On the other hand, not sure I'm looking forward to the effects of the new substitution rules, or the altered timing of next season due to the winter world cup.

Ah well, the league cup starts next week in one of the U75 leagues.

I wonder if having more points for things like "Key passes" or more defending points might be helpful. Maybe this is what the bonus points cover, but I do feel goals and assists are limited ways. Could make it more complicated though.

Personally I hate the double weeks etc and covid disruptions didn't help things.

I wonder if having more points for things like "Key passes" or more defending points might be helpful. Maybe this is what the bonus points cover, but I do feel goals and assists are limited ways. Could make it more complicated though.
Yeah, I think a lot of people take issue with the fact that goals and assists still count for BPS, or at least how heavily they count.

Feeling is the other stuff that counts towards BPS is undermined/undervalued as soon as a players scores or assists. I think a lot of people feel BPS should be "for everything that doesn't already get you points some other way", although then you'd get people complaining when someone has a game like Jesus the other week but doesn't get any bonus points.

Yeah, I think a lot of people take issue with the fact that goals and assists still count for BPS, or at least how heavily they count.

Feeling is the other stuff that counts towards BPS is undermined/undervalued as soon as a players scores or assists. I think a lot of people feel BPS should be "for everything that doesn't already get you points some other way", although then you'd get people complaining when someone has a game like Jesus the other week but doesn't get any bonus points.
Defender's suffer from this right? Like you might concede 2 goals and get a yellow card, but really play an absolute heroic blinder of a game but not get any recognition. The real game is generally more data driven now so I can see why people get frustrated. I don't really understand the game machenics though as you can probably tell from my performance. Plus the more complex it is the harder it is to run so I see why they don't want to do more.

my H2H match is coming down to bonus points (think they have all been allocated) and automatic substitutions (which don't seem to have been)

Well there goes another 8 points on transfers. Hopefully my remaining transfer points spend will be 0 (free hit), 4, 4. I blame covid disruption for the fact I'm going to end up spending over 200 points on transfers for the first time in about 3 or 4 years. I dont really mind spending 120-140 points, but 200+ is too much even for me. One year I spent 320 and learnt my limits from that!

Mission: actually get some points out of Coutinho for a change at some point in the next 3 gameweeks.

Watkins did the job for me, hardly shocking that Coutinho didnt. And now I am vulnerable as a result of placing too much emphasis on team predictions which anticipated a lot of Chelsea rotation, rotation that hasnt actually happened. Now I really need Spurs to perform well to get me points to counter this threat.

I was amazed how many people captained Salah this week. And Im somewhat amazed that I still tend to captain Kane instead of Son, despite owning both and speaking in glowing terms about how Son is my favourite player in fantasy so far. I kept flipping between the two before the deadline, but I still got enough points not to mind having made the wrong choice in the end. Congrats to those U75ers who captained him.

Son will hopefully get my captains armband for the rest of the season, so expect his points to dry up in the remaining weeks! Well, I dont yet know who to captain in double gameweek 36, but he is in with a shout for that one, and will probably get the last 2 weeks as captain unless a gw37 doubler somehow manages to give me confidence before that deadline.

Anyway the 2pm games were wonderful for me today, and I can now enjoy the remaining fixtures this week without cup or H2H fear.

Last edited:
I was amazed how many people captained Salah this week. And Im somewhat amazed that I still tend to captain Kane instead of Son, despite owning both and speaking in glowing terms about how Son is my favourite player in fantasy so far.

I've been thinking about getting Son in for Salah but haven't quite done it yet - a few weeks ago when spurs lost at home to brighton, i was quite glad i hadn't

but unless there are some very unexpected results in the remaining matches this week, I've lost my H2H this week because of this

just wish spurs were a bit more predictable...

meh

I've been thinking about getting Son in for Salah but haven't quite done it yet - a few weeks ago when spurs lost at home to brighton, i was quite glad i hadn't
I got screwed in one of the weeks I went without Salah not so long ago, so as usual I felt the need to get him straight back. So I cant usually recommend selling Salah, but when there are better fixtures for other captainable players I dont think Salah is the essential captain at the moment given his rather mixed 2022 form.

Meanwhile its certainly been the case that peoples attempts to 'cover for Son' using other Spurs plays starting with the letter K has not turned out to provide sufficient cover. The second half of my season has been a bit wobbly at times but at least I didnt keep flip flopping between owning Kane and Son, and decided to own them both. It turns out that I could have gotten away without Kane most weeks, and put that money elsewhere, but now its a bit late to bother doing that. I might go without Kane for the double gameweek 36 though, as I'm on a free hit and will probably have my head turned by Man City players.

Calling Renegade Chipshop. I believe you have two free hits left, and just wanted to make sure you know that you cant play them two weeks in a row, so you'll have to play them in 36 and 38 if you dont want to waste one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom