Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised about Raphinha - there was a real reluctance amongst some talking head experts in the fpl community to properly read into him being taken off at half time in previous game, and so some were still recommending him in wildcard teams, teams of the week etc, which I thought was stupid and not something they'd have done for a load of other less high profile players with less established fpl dogma surrounding them. Those sorts of experts get much higher up the ranks than me so play a much better game overall, but I do laugh at how slow to adapt their assumptions they can be at times.

Tricky week this innit. Loads of players with two games, so loads of players rested. Thank goodness at least Triple Captaining Salah has worked so far

I've been delighted with Weghorst, who I was going to wait till next week before bringing in. But then I decided I could do Saka instead of Lacazette, and that I didnt want to put up with Edouard rotation, so in came Weghorst and delivered straight away. I'd not even watched him play previously, just formed an impression from how often his name came up in regards shots and attempted assists when reading live text coverage of his previous game.

Right now I'm sitting on 60 (minus 8) with triple captain Salah and have Fernandes and Jimenez to play today, so I'm enjoying this week so far. If Fernandes can haul today then I'll be smug about him as a real differential in my team this week. If he fails then I'll be sad that I didnt bring in Son instead.

Last edited:
I'm in the unlikely position of hoping Trent doesn't play so my points for sub Smith-Rowe are counted. I think that's how it works (had all five defenders in my team yesterday)

Yeah, as long as it would still leave you with a legitimate formation (i.e. at least 3 defenders, 2 mids and a forward) then whoever is first on your bench comes on.

My friend is in a similar situation with TAA, because her VC is Saka, but sadly her bench is full of 0s so it'll only be a minor windfall.

I'm in the unlikely position of hoping Trent doesn't play so my points for sub Smith-Rowe are counted. I think that's how it works (had all five defenders in my team yesterday)
Yes because you were playing more than 3 defenders in the first place, so a midfielder can come on for one. If I'm looking at the right team then you'll also get Smith Rowe in if Fabinho misses the second game instead of TAA.

Its one of those weeks where the prospect of ending up with well over 100 points seems very plausible for many people, but I am wary that the 2nd part of the double gameweek is sometimes a big flop in those circumstances.

If I could change one thing at the moment, I dont even think I'd choose 'Arsenal keeping their clean sheet' in yesterdays game. I think I'd choose 'Villa not playing shit' because that state of affairs is complicating my double gameweek 28 plans at the moment.

And since I dont intend to use my one remaining free hit to cope with next weeks blanks, I can feel myself being tempted to sell Salah for a week and bring in both Son and Kane. This will end up involving a silly number of future transfers in gameweeks 28 and 29 though.

Has anybody not triple captained Salah? I thought I was doing really well but literally every single person apart from two has done it in our private league.

i maybe should have - i do tend to hang on to my chips until quite late (there's probably going to be a few weeks with double games this year with all the postponements)

and i've got 10 points on the bench so far (and no automatic substitutions to come)

bugger

after saturday i was wondering if it might be time to get a tottenham player or two at the next transfer

normal service seems to have been resumed...

To celebrate this occasion I nerded out by looking at my triple captain track record. Salah smashed it by swapping round the digits he got for me last time I TC'd him :D

Payet 36, Aguero 27, Sanchez 6, Aguero 30, Salah 48, Kane 36, Salah 84.

think last year when i triple captained someone when they had 2 games in a week, they got injured and subbed off about 5 minutes in to the first game and didn't play in the second.

:facepaw:

think last year when i triple captained someone when they had 2 games in a week, they got injured and subbed off about 5 minutes in to the first game and didn't play in the second.

:facepaw:
That happened to quite a few people who triple captained Mane for a double, but it may have been the season before the last one.

Has anybody not triple captained Salah? I thought I was doing really well but literally every single person apart from two has done it in our private league.
the highest scorer in our league didn't. and still has two players to play.

122 points and I drop a spot?! Bloody game

Yes there were so many high-scoring players and so many wildcards (and a few free hits) deployed that it quickly turned into a week where many could score well over 100 even without triple-captaining Salah, so long as they at least normal-captained Salah.

Zahas two late goals and Robertsons assists doomed me in a battle for first place in another mini-league for example - they were on a free hit and I triple-captained Salah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom