Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely lost. I've been so busy with work and Mrs SI's Covid and other shit that I don't know when matches are happening, who's injured, what my team is. Not sure I've even transferred Salah out :(
It's definitely been a punishing time for anyone who hasn't been able to waste loads of time and attention on it recently.

Possible silver-lining: it's such a mad season that events may well transpire to fuck with any 'best laid plans'. Last week the general consensus was essentially "fuck it, no idea, roll the dice and see what happens!" :D

Its a combinatio. of tactics, information and luck. Some weeks the luck component pisses all over the other factors, some weeks not so much.

The important thing is to try and enjoy it, playing it whatever way you want to play it.

less crap than i thought so far (with a chelsea defender in my team, i was expecting tottenham to get at least one in injury time)

This is going to be a long wait.
If Foster plays and manages to get quite a few points there is still a chance I could snatch victory in my H2H game in this very long gameweek. I still dont really expect Foster to get enough points though, I've probably been beaten by Arsenal defensive bonus points. It was an important battle too, with me sitting in 3rd in that league and facing the current number one.

Double gameweek 26 is confirmed.

image-7.webp

Obviously everyone's eyeing up Salah for that very promising looking DGW, but if Egypt get to the final on Sunday (currently uncertain as they draw 0-0 with Cameroon in the SF :hmm: ), that'll be less than 2 weeks between the final and the Norwich match. Could play a part..?

Likewise Mane, who's already in the final with Senegal.

Its a consideration but Salah hates being subbed or benched and has a quite amazing track record in terms of recoveries and lack of injuries. Plus loads of other teams have a rather packed fixture schedule too, with cups and european competition and rearranged doubles. Exceptions include Arsenal who also have blanks either side of their double.

Unless people have lucked into amazing benches and want to play their bench boost instead, or use a free hit if they still have two left, or for some reason want to wildcard in that week, there will be a shit load of Salah triple captaincies in gameweek 26. I like to look for opportunities to be different but on this occasion I will go with the crowd unless a spanner is thrown into the works.

Wahey I've actually got a goalkeeper in this longest of gameweeks. Now I just need him to actually get some points :D

I see over 5% of teams still have Mason Greenwood in them. 10,000 poor sods transferred him in (before the news broke, I presume)

Dont think I've ever been so happy to watch a 0-0. Via Foster I beat the current top team in the H2H league :)

Why do I make much better transfer moves at this stage of the season?

At the end of gameweek 20 I'd spent 84 points on transfers and was 6 points worse off than if I hadnt made any transfers (oversimplified calculation based only on how the players I got in & sold performed on the week I transferred them).

In the 3 gameweeks that followed I spent 16 points on transfers but gained 71 points compared to the team I would have fielded those weeks without any transfers (and thats with the 16 points spent already taken off the gain).

Last edited:
salah could be back for thursday's game, mane less likely

liverpool have got leicester - wonder if they will come back with something to prove after getting stuffed in the cup, or if they will still be in shock?

Rodgers made harsh public criticisms after that game too, hard to know what impact that will have on particular players.

I would like to have Salah for the Leicester game but doing so now would mess up many other aspects of my team and plans for these next 2 gameweeks, so I will just have to take any Salah haul on the chin this time. I'm actually looking forward to the novelty of not having him for a few gameweeks, even if it costs me. The prospect of the plays I have instead failing to get many points is more of a concern, but thats the luck of the game so whatever will be will be.

Dont think I've ever been so happy to watch a 0-0. Via Foster I beat the current top team in the H2H league :)

Why do I make much better transfer moves at this stage of the season?

At the end of gameweek 20 I'd spent 84 points on transfers and was 6 points worse off than if I hadnt made any transfers (oversimplified calculation based only on how the players I got in & sold performed on the week I transferred them).

In the 3 gameweeks that followed I spent 16 points on transfers but gained 71 points compared to the team I would have fielded those weeks without any transfers (and thats with the 16 points spent already taken off the gain).
Oooh that loss hurt. Thought i was home and hosed. Just need to hold my nerve here on in and let the revitalised Kane skipper me to glory. :thumbs:

Utter shambles of a GW, again. Eventually ended going for a crazy -8, including bringing in an injured striker but no GK leaving me with two blanks in that position.

The journalists are circling... :(

I made a mad dash to transfer/update my squad. And was shocked to find I am perfectly happy with it as is.

Which means I’ll get about twenty points this gw

Oooh that loss hurt. Thought i was home and hosed. Just need to hold my nerve here on in and let the revitalised Kane skipper me to glory. :thumbs:
Yeah I can imagine. At least you are still top for now so the top spot wasnt snatched away from you in such cruel and prolonged circumstances.

This week I am giving KDB a go as captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom