Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second Watford game is close and its with Burnley who just had a game cancelled. But I'm going to captain Dennis anyway, even if they only get one game its between him and Bowen and I dont want to spoil the joy that Bowen brought me as captain this last week by asking him to do it again.

Mmmmmmmmmotherfucker.

Knew it was a distinct possibility, but with de Bruyne scoring, was really hoping Lucas Moura would get two chances to justify me picking him over Kevin.

That's 66% of my subs bench gone, too.

Ah, well...

Ronaldo not in the squad. Digne starts.

Team to play Man Utd: Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Digne, Luiz, Sanson, J Ramsey, Buendia, Ings, Watkins.
Subs: Steer, Targett, Young, Coutinho, Hayden, Hause, Chukweumeka, Archer, Iroegbunam.

Team to play Aston Villa: De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Telles, Matic, Fred, Bruno Fernandes, Greenwood, Cavani, Elanga
Subs: Heaton, Henderson, Jones, Maguire, Mata, Lingard, Sancho, Van de Beek

There was a ridiculous amount of misplaced confidence in the loud online fpl community in regards Ronaldo playing today. Many of them captained him.

I laughed, although currently my captain choice Dennis has been a failure.

Yeah I dont really expect Dennis to get that second game. But then Im not sure if Ronaldo will recover for their second game either. He may also be poisoning that team.

What I need now is a Watkins rampage this evening, since I couldnt bring myself to sell him ahead of next week where they might end up with a double gameweek. And even if they dont end up with a double, they still face Everton next week, with some other great fixtures to come.

Cant believe that I felt so lacking in options that I brought Fernandes in too to temporarily replace Salah. Come on you miserable git, find some of that form that made you such a great option when you arrived last season.

What I need now is a Watkins rampage this evening, since I couldnt bring myself to sell him ahead of next week where they might end up with a double gameweek. And even if they dont end up with a double, they still face Everton next week, with some other great fixtures to come.

Cant believe that I felt so lacking in options that I brought Fernandes in too to temporarily replace Salah. Come on you miserable git, find some of that form that made you such a great option when you arrived last season.
I sold him to bring in DCL for what might be a one-week punt against Norwich. That went well... :rolleyes:

Yeah they are on fire.

Anyway cheers Fernandes, that will do. I see I messed up earlier when describing when he joined, I should of remembered as I think I brought him in early enough to get his first points haul in fantasy. I love it when that happens, thought I've now missed the chance to do that with Coutinho's return.

Yeah I dont really expect Dennis to get that second game. But then Im not sure if Ronaldo will recover for their second game either. He may also be poisoning that team.
file.php

Burnley play the gooners at the weekend. Both teams called their last prem games off. So I'm thinking that one is unlikely to go ahead??

Arsenal play in the EFL cup on Thursday before that though. Not sure if the EFL cup has different rules as the first leg went ahead last week. Less scope to re-arrange that before the final I suppose.

I wouldnt call it unlikely yet, every day can make a difference to injury and covid thresholds, and the self-isolation period has recently been reduced. Certainly there is a risk it will be postponed, but I wouldnt be confident about it at this stage.

One pattern that is still holding for me this season as in previous seasons is that my moves seem to work better in the 2nd half of the season. But there is still plenty of time for that pattern to fall apart on me this season. I am sort of in my element right now though, the chaos actually seems to hekp me, and at the very least makes my points spent on transfers each week stick out less compared to everyone elses, because most people have had to start doing more than they usually do.

There is going to be a bumper crop of double gameweeks this season too :)

I'm tempted to spend 8 points on transfers since my only goalie is missing in gameweek 24, and now Watford have a double so I could replace him a week early with Foster, which would free up exactly the right money for me to be able to do Maddison to De Bruyne and Targett to Digne (I've got 5 million quid in the bank already). Too tempting for me to resist I think.

Not too keen on captaining Dennis for a 2nd week in a row after last weeks failure, but the double for Watford probably means I wont be able to resist doing that either.

Easy choices for me this week, except for who to Captain again. de Bruyne obviously a contender, but Dennis does have a double header against relegation fodder..... and then there's Trent....

Thinking I might just bank the transfer so that I've got two after the international break.

Money burning a hole in my bank, though, and not particularly convinced with two or three players in my current squad.

Ah, well, we'll see...

I'm not surprised Dennis got sent off, which has somewhat cushioned the blow, I'm not shocked or angry, I laugh. Oh these mini double gameweeks!

so a score of minus one point for this game and will be suspended for the burnley game

:facepalm:

i had wondered about making him captain what with having two games to play - rather glad i didn't (does a captain's score get doubled if it's in the minuses as well?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom