Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's messed with a few plans, as despite recent results Leicester looked like they had some of the most promising fixtures coming up.

Everyone's talking about double gameweeks, and the fact they haven't been announced yet, but going by Ben Crellin's best guesses it looks like there won't be many obvious or otherwise promising options. A lot of those with double gameweeks are either teams you generally wouldn't otherwise want many players from, or they're not particularly good fixtures anyway.

It's an interesting season! In some respects, at least.

Completely fucked up the holiday fixture list, didn't make 1 transfer or sub and generally missed every cut off, ffs.

Ohhhhh, another wrinkle: the first and second matches of the double gameweeks are 10 days apart! :eek: Giving your players plenty of time to get injured or ill :facepalm:

And now some more uncertainty thrown into the mix:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is also uncertain whether his side's match at Chelsea on Sunday will go ahead as the club await PCR test results.

"We have three new Covid cases in the team and a few more in the staff so it's not so cool in the moment," Klopp said.

Asked whether Liverpool will need the game to be postponed Klopp added: "We aren't close to getting the game postponed yet. We haven't had a proper outbreak yet but it's happening more and more often.

"It's like a lottery in the morning when you wait for the result. It was day-by-day pretty much another case and today another one."

From Newcastle trip to Southampton postponed

Hmm.... Klopp being lipped about the new Covid cases....

Could it be that they are Mane, Salah and Keita - thus meaning that they cant travel to AFCON and instead are available for Liverpool?

Shenanigans surely if so...

Hmm.... Klopp being lipped about the new Covid cases.... Could it be that they are Mane, Salah and Keita - thus meaning that they cant travel to AFCON and instead are available for Liverpool? Shenanigans surely if so...
The clue was probably the injections they were given the day before the LF tests.

I theory, this is a fairly promising sequence of fixtures. And yet... :hmm:

1640987532065.png

I still wouldn't be surprised if at least two of them don't make it because reasons...

Obviously not the only one to say it, but this video from Ian Wright was doing the rounds on Twitter and feel like it sums up some good points.

I kinda agree with him tbh, but we know where AFCON comes in the scale of things when it comes to rating all the tournaments. It's like the South American tournies. It's a long way to go (especially at the moment) and as a club owner you'd be looking at ways to keep your players at the club by fair means or foul.

Evem England aren't immune to "squad withdrawals" are they.

and when do players start going away for the african cup of nations?
First matches are 9th January, final is 6th February.

Dennis not going to AFCON. Watford bared their fangs, apparently.
Apparently he wasn't in the original Nigeria preliminary squad announced several weeks ago, since when they've changed the manager, so Watford were able to invoke a rule that they weren't given enough notice of his possible absence.

and i did an extra transfer to get ollie watkins up front with some other matches being off

:facepalm:

also trying to decide what to do with salah out for a month - just a replacement midfielder and keep some money in the bank, or wild card now and have to make transfers over a few weeks if i want him back after the ACN

and (some) defenders seem to be getting more points than forwards this year - is this a new thing?

:confused:

I've a funny feeling that Watkins wasn't playing today because Chelsea have moved decisively to put a bid in and will bin off Lukaku.

Tuchel showing his teeth?

Only my opinion obvs

I've a funny feeling that Watkins wasn't playing today because Chelsea have moved decisively to put a bid in and will bin off Lukaku.

Tuchel showing his teeth?

Only my opinion obvs
I haven't exactly looked extensively, but it is a bit weird that there was seemingly no clear explanation as to why he wasn't playing.

Hard to be sure since in this era, unclear explanations may also have covid as a real underlying cause but sometimes they dont want to talk about it.

I had Watkins so it annoyed me - I have a bench but am only getting 1 point on to replace him.

salah's selling price dropped 0.1 today while i was thinking about what to do

:mad:
Aye, he's dropping fast!

Think it's still true that a player's price will only drop (or rise) by a max of £0.3m between each GW and only £0.1m per day, so wouldn't be surprised if his fall plateau's fairly quickly as everyone gets rid at the same time, but a lot of non-active accounts hold onto him.

Especially at the moment, though, it's generally better to take the hits and transfer late so you don't get caught out by last minute changes.

Last edited:
Also I would not make early transfers because there is the prospect of a large double gamweek 22, but no fixtures for that have been announced yet. So I'm just going to have to take Salah price drops on the chin.

And yes, can only drop 0.1 at a time (at about 1.30am) and only a max of 0.3 rise or fall per gameweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom