Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate this. I usually avoid having Salah as everyone else has him and it's possible to do well with a more balanced team, but this season he's the most 'essential' player I can remember in all the years I've played. And he returns every week, so has to be captain.

Meh.
Rumours about that he's tested positive for Covid. If so, that'll solve the perma-Captain thing for a while🤣🤣

Bugger; real life duties meant I had to make transfers a little early, so wasn't aware of the last-minute cancellation.

Thought I'd navigated this GW relatively safely, but with that cancellation and Arteta's reluctance to play Smith-Rowe, currently looking at only 7 points-scoring players :facepalm: :(

Good thing Smith Rowe is more than capable of coming off the bench and scoring.

He is my vice captain so for a second covid-drenched gameweek in a row I have the luxury of knowing I'm ok if something happens to my captain or his fixture.

My 8 point transfer spend already paid off, I'm 3 points + whatever Foden gets (if he even gets anything) better off than I would have been if I'd made no moves. Always hard to know how much better off I am than if I'd just made the one free move, since I dont know which of my moves would have taken priority.

Probably not the thread for it, but it utterly bemuses me why, with squads of 20-30 suffering multiple cases, apparently no problem is seen with tens of thousands of people travelling to watch the games that are going ahead.

Sure, "it's outside", but how are they getting there and back, and what are they doing before and after the matches?

Probably not the thread for it, but it utterly bemuses me why, with squads of 20-30 suffering multiple cases, apparently no problem is seen with tens of thousands of people travelling to watch the games that are going ahead. Sure, "it's outside", but how are they getting there and back, and what are they doing before and after the matches?
My post (just above yours) might give some clue...

Very large difference in rotating when you have a full squad and a squad that has had long term injuries, short term injuries and now covid tbh

Compared to other clubs though? If Bristol City had a list like that we'd be deep into our Under-18's. Probably true for a fair few other clubs too in the premiership. Even the bench they put out is decent.

Poor Chelsea :(

Compared to other clubs though? If Bristol City had a list like that we'd be deep into our Under-18's. Probably true for a fair few other clubs too in the premiership. Even the bench they put out is decent.

Poor Chelsea :(
The partial bench is what’s left of the first team squad that hasn’t got covid .Due to covid the first team is in a bubble , the under 23s in another bubble and so on and so on.

I would at least have got a draw in my H2H match were not for that last minute decision to bring in the definitely playing Watkins. :facepalm:

I would at least have got a draw in my H2H match were not for that last minute decision to bring in the definitely playing Watkins. :facepalm:
That really screwed a lot of people :(

Though it has been slightly amusing (along with slightly exasperating) to see how many FPL managers seem to genuinely think FPL should be one of the highest considerations for the bosses of the Premier League and the clubs :D

These postponements plus the mad schedule has knocked me right off course
Aye, the Liverpool game in particular is going to screw with a lot of FPL plans, as a large proportion of teams are tripled-up on them.

Including me :(

Getting rid of one of them was actually a path to another player, so maybe it's just forced my hand a little. Have to check the fixtures and see who else the likes of Watford and Leeds are (supposed to be...) playing, though, in some foolhardy attempt to try and navigate around the postponements.

edit:

Ah, although, the updated article seems to suggest Watford should be out of the woods :hmm:

"Due to players coming out of isolation, it is fully expected Watford will be available for their fixture on Tuesday 28 December, against West Ham United."

Tempting to use the extra free hit to cope with it. Although I suspect I could gain more later by using it for a double gameweek.

I'm so pissed off with the situation, kind of tempted to quit this game forever in disgust at the way this pandemic wave is being handled. Especially since guests on the official fpl show are apparently briefed beforehand that they cant talk about the uncertainty or speculate about fixture cancellation etc. Probably partly because of the risk of people putting their foot in it by speculating about an individual players health, but it does rather remind me that this whole game is a marketing exercise for the league.

As of now, 5 of my squad have their boxing day match off, 2 have '75 % chance of playing' injuries

I can do 2 transfers this week as I didn't get round to it in time last week

meh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom