Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No its only like for like when it would otherwise have broken the normal limits of team structure (eg you must have at least 3 defenders so if a 3rd defender misses out you wont get a forward or midfielder on instead of the 3rd defensive slot. But if a 4th defender was in your team but then missed out you will, and forwards and midfielders are interchangeable).

Because of shared players and captains, following last night's matches this week's H2H fixture hinges solely on Rudiger's performance! :D

Oh, unless Salah doesn't play, as we both have different VCs.
Watkins is my VC so if Salah misses out or that entire game gets cancelled then I am sorted. I deliberately chose a vice captain that was playing on Tuesday night so that I maximised my chance of not getting caught out by a last minute cancellation on another night of games.

Its very much a factor and has been for a while. People also need to look at the next man utd game and their opponents, and the next watford game and their opponents, same with Brentford, etc etc.

I'm having to leave transfers till the last hour before deadline these days, and am also aware that aggressive transfers could come unstuck via late post-deadline news or potentially the entire league grinding to a halt.

Last edited:
My aggressive 12 point spend seems to have paid off - I'm 9 points better off than if I hadnt made those moves, and that includes taking the minus 12 into account. I'll be even more points up if my vice captain comes into play.

Not sure I'll be able to risk spending that many points on transfers in advance of this weekends games though.

Thomas Frank wants the league to pause.

"The Covid cases are going through the roof at all Premier League clubs," said Frank.

"Everyone is dealing with it and everyone has a problem at this moment in time.

"To postpone this round [of Premier League games] and the Carabao Cup would give everyone a week at least to clean and do everything at the training ground so everything is fine and we break the chain at every club."

Meanwhile, Brighton boss Graham Potter questioned how long "football can continue on the path it's on" after revealing the Covid-hit Seagulls had wanted their game against Wolves, which his side lost 1-0, to be postponed.

Frank was interrupted during his news conference on Thursday and told there had been four more cases at the club to take the tally to 13.

Big news in from the Premier League - a further four matches have been called off this weekend.

Southampton v Brentford, Watford v Crystal Palace and West Ham United v Norwich City on Saturday are gone.

So too is Sunday's game between Everton and Leicester.

Manchester United v Brighton had already been called off.

That leaves five top-flight games this weekend.
Thats from a BBC live updates page.

This season is going to be carnage.

With the FA Cup, League Cup and Europe there will be a massive squeeze to fit all the FPL matches in.

Squad depth is goi g to count more than ever this season

Fantasy football is so fucking stupid at times like these.

No way I can field 11 players now that the Villa game is off. Even spending 4 points on transfers carries the risk of delivering me a -4 grand total this week, but I've done it anyway. No way I would spend more than that trying to cope with this week, despite me being the sort of person that was quite happy to risk spending 12 points the other day.

80 last week! Think that's my highest ever.
Fantasy football is so fucking stupid at times like these.

No way I can field 11 players now that the Villa game is off. Even spending 4 points on transfers carries the risk of delivering me a -4 grand total this week, but I've done it anyway. No way I would spend more than that trying to cope with this week, despite me being the sort of person that was quite happy to risk spending 12 points the other day.
I took a risk and spent 12 points in the end. We'll see.

In maybe 10 seasons of playing fantasy , I've never taken a points hit for transfers , I can see why people do it , I just can't.

Different styles of play isnt it, and Im glad different people play the game differently.

I'm not enjoying this season too much because its the most template season I've ever played. No matter how many transfers I do or do not make each week, I still end up with too many of the same players as key rivals in some of my mini leagues. And the Salah as perma-captain thing is just the icing on that shit cake.

In maybe 10 seasons of playing fantasy , I've never taken a points hit for transfers , I can see why people do it , I just can't.
I don't normally, but elbows made me a bit more open to it. I did it a few games ago and also today as half my team was out. Salah out for Vardy could pay for itself. He'll get injured.

I hope you meant Salah in for Vardy!

I do encourage people to consider spending points on transfers when it makes sense. I couldnt really encourage people to do it this week because of the uncertainty as to whether any games will be left at this rate, but it could still work for people if some games do survive.

This has been one of my worst seasons for transfers. Most week where I have spent points on them, it turned out that I would have been better off not making the moves. Usually it works much better for me than that, although for some reason it usually works out better for me from this stage of the season onwards, and the transfers in the first part of the season tend to reward me with a higher team value & budget rather than raw points advantage. Then I just need to make good use of that money in the 2nd half of the season.

My playing style is heavily influenced by my experiences the first season I ever played. Because things that happened that season included me spending weeks making plenty of transfers in preparation for my first ever large double gameweek, a week where I ended up getting 184 points! Never came close to that ever since, but it left me with a hugely exaggerated sense of what is possible from a double gameweek.

Last edited:
And the Salah as perma-captain thing is just the icing on that shit cake.
I hate this. I usually avoid having Salah as everyone else has him and it's possible to do well with a more balanced team, but this season he's the most 'essential' player I can remember in all the years I've played. And he returns every week, so has to be captain.

Meh.

Bugger; real life duties meant I had to make transfers a little early, so wasn't aware of the last-minute cancellation.

Thought I'd navigated this GW relatively safely, but with that cancellation and Arteta's reluctance to play Smith-Rowe, currently looking at only 7 points-scoring players :facepalm: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom