Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell, I thought I'd done alright to get out of that GW with 60 points! :eek: :D

Actually, that said, some time over the weekend I did notice that there were many match-ups in the H2H where I would have come out the loser, so got lucky there.
I think the two highest scorers played each other 😎

Its a big mess, very hard to plan for and transfer around.

I suppose I'll have to make transfers to deal with quite possible postponement of the man utd game but many cancellations beyond that will really mess things up.

I'll have to wait till much closer to the deadline before making any moves.

Not sure I follow what the benefit would be in a bench boost? If any of your starting XI don't play, your bench'll be coming on anyway, won't it?
To great effect last week tbf 🤣 but if you if you have a few covid stoppages & you play the bench boost beforehand ?

To great effect last week tbf 🤣 but if you if you have a few covid stoppages & you play the bench boost beforehand ?
Again, not sure I follow? All the bench boost does is add the points scored by players on your bench to the points scored by those on the field; you still have to play with whatever your existing squad is?

As I say, if a player doesn't play because of a postponement, one of your bench players would play instead. Either way you get the points from your bench?

Again, not sure I follow? All the bench boost does is add the points scored by players on your bench to the points scored by those on the field; you still have to play with whatever your existing squad is?

As I say, if a player doesn't play because of a postponement, one of your bench players would play instead. Either way you get the points from your bench?
Depends on how many Man U players you or your opponent have I guess , but I understand your point.

I agree

Bench boost means effectively all 15 of your squad play for you that week, so using it when there's players out for covid seems counter productive

If a player in your starting 11 doesn't play, then (subject to minimum number of defenders, not having 2 goalkeepers etc) a player on the bench will get automatically substituted in by the FPL computer.

i tend to save bench boost for one of those weeks towards the end of the season where some players have 2 matches so more likely to score higher (although they then usually get a yellow card then injured off within 10 minutes of the first match and not play the second)

although if you've got me in the H2H this week, then don't let me stop you...

No idea what you think the bench boost chip does marty21
If you have a big week with loads of games (like Christmas) it can make a difference if your opponent doesn't play it and all your players rack up points) . My point in the covid uncertainty, is that it might make a difference in a close H2H match , dependent on how many Man U players don't play.

If you have a big week with loads of games (like Christmas) it can make a difference if your opponent doesn't play it and all your players rack up points) . My point in the covid uncertainty, is that it might make a difference in a close H2H match , dependent on how many Man U players don't play.
Oh, sorry, wait, so you're not thinking about your own players not playing, it's more that if your opponent suffers losses then with Bench Boost you might have 15 points-scoring players v 10 or 9 or whatever?

Oh, sorry, wait, so you're not thinking about your own players not playing, it's more that if your opponent suffers losses then with Bench Boost you might have 15 points-scoring players v 10 or 9 or whatever?
Yes, which happened last game week tbf .

Ah I see. Way too risky now, too many unnamed players from different teams testing positive, more than just the one potential game cancellation etc.

For much of this season I have been quietly dreaming that I would find the right moment to bring in Watkins, before my rivals in a couple of mini leagues did. And yay tonight that moment arrived. Which is just as well as I'd spent 12 points on transfers due to the postponed game and some other doubts. Another move was getting in Targett to fill in a hole in my defence for this week, and yay they managed not to have covid and to get a clean sheet.

Looks increasingly like spending 12 points was the best option, so I'm glad I was proactive this week.

Because of shared players and captains, following last night's matches this week's H2H fixture hinges solely on Rudiger's performance! :D

Oh, unless Salah doesn't play, as we both have different VCs.

Watford match postponement hurt me, I had Smith-Rowe as first sub but he's a mid so I'll get no points from him.
Which Watford player did you have? If a forward misses out you will still get a mid on if they are first on your bench. So assuming you had the likes of King or Dennis rather than the unusual move of having a Watford defender in your team, you are sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom