Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Fantasy Premier League 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, few obvious targets, and in the same video I nabbed that graphic from, Andy (Let's Talk FPL) pointed out that the following fixtures for those teams aren't spectacular, so would you want many of the players in there beyond GW22?

Suggests a Free Hit might be the best option, but again, will there actually be better GWs later in the season?

Either way, squads probably going to be morphing and changing a lot between now and the deadline, both in FPL and the real world :D

The doubles that week could also get messed up by any FA cup cancellations.

Anyway there is no way I am using a free hit on this gameweek (and I already used one free hit this season), or any other chips. The way things look now I will only spend 4 points on transfers, and will end up with 6 double gameweek players.

Aye, I could also get to 6 with my two banked transfers. Might take a -4, but again, would have to balance it with the value of the fixtures that come after.

Liverpool’s recent outbreak of COVID-19 has been largely kept under wraps as to the individuals infected, but Trent Alexander-Arnold has been confirmed as a positive case.

on the release of the team [to face Shrewsbuy], Liverpool have confirmed that Alexander-Arnold was not available for selection after testing positive for Covid “shortly after” the draw at Chelsea.

but...

The right-back is expected to be “resume training in the coming days” and be available for the first leg of the League Cup semi-final against Arsenal on Thursday.

So, impact on FPL may not be as dramatic, though of course it may still impact his health/fitness.

It's hard to keep track of all the cancelled/re-arranged/cancelled again matches and players with covid. It's like playing covid roulette on top of Pep roulette.

There seems to be an international break on the last weekend of Jan with no England games. I've read that prem games can be re-arranged for that weekend (which would make them double play games) but teams be without whichever players do have international games that weekend. Which adds another layer of complication.

After the first few gameweeks of covid disruption this season I've managed to navigate it quite well, but the Son injury has messed up my current plans and another 8 points on transfers probably looms.

After the first few gameweeks of covid disruption this season I've managed to navigate it quite well, but the Son injury has messed up my current plans and another 8 points on transfers probably looms.
Yeah, particularly with the DGW and him arguably being currently up there with the most reliable attacking options, I imagine that's ballsed up quite a few plans.

There are different routes out of it, but gonna be some head scratching all the way up to hair pulling ahead of the next deadline.

Yet, ironically, Pep's roulette crew have been amongst the least affected by Covid 😆
Only down to gameweek timing though - there were plenty absent from their recent cup game for covid reasons. And plenty of Foden owners who felt the impact of covid this gameweek.

That tue, not to mention the impact of his misdeads the previous week or two.
At least I squeezed 11 points out of him in between his time on the naughty step and his covid absence. He can sit on my bench next gameweek unless my plans are forced to change again, nice fixtures for him soon.

I guess Madisson will be my transfer in this week as he's near the top of the form league and Leicester have 2 games. Wait until Friday though to see if their games are on or if anything else falls to the pandemic.

I guess Madisson will be my transfer in this week as he's near the top of the form league and Leicester have 2 games. Wait until Friday though to see if their games are on or if anything else falls to the pandemic.
Aye, definitely on my list of potentials.

As you say, though, leaving it all as last minute as poss.

Yeah. Its the state of Leicesters defence when we look at flags for their team on fantasy that seems to be a key concern in terms of any future cancellations affecting that team.

So much for Maddison being a smart play :facepalm:

Everton look to have a really favourable run of fixtures, which is why it's so irritating they haven't had really had a favourable run of form/results up to this point :(

Oh FFS, I made my changes including bringing him in a little while ago because I'm going to be double busy later.

I was thinking of replacing him with Pinnock as the Bess have a double game week, but.. with Liverpool (A) and Man Utd (H) the next 2 games it may not be wise.

Oops, Maddison was the one early move I made this week. Oh well, I got a lot of points out of the last gameweek so if I waste an extra 4 then so be it. And Im tempted to treat this new gameweek as little more than a normal single gameweek anyway.

Bloody hell...

I was hopeful I could just about squeeze through the GW without using a Free Hit chip, but it's getting trickier.

That said, was getting rid of Son anyway, and losing one of my Arsenal players in order to field a full XI may not mess with my longer term plans* too much :hmm:

Plus, Spurs and Leicester still potentially playing at least one match this GW, so not a total washout there, either.

*"longer term plans", lol :D

The North London derby is only maybe off. I'm going to make Kane captain and pray to the god of covid roulette for mercy.

if your captain doesn't play at all, then your vice captain scores double, doesn't he?

can't remember if i've had my captain not play. score bugger all, yes...

I'm not going to bring Kane in, which was my plan till today. My captaincy choices are not good as a result of that though.

Me and my FPL plans.

giphy.gif

I'm not going to bring Kane in, which was my plan till today. My captaincy choices are not good as a result of that though.
I am deeply torn too. Watford have two decent looking games, so Dennis is plausible, but Mount has two games too, but one is against citeh....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom